What did you do today?

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
Yes but Tenet is also directed by Christopher Nolan, who also directed the Dark Knight trilogy. Not the same movie or story, but something to look out for if his movies and sci-fi storytelling speak to you.

True, but when they wrote about Batman released 15 years ago and then you posted that "This trailer released yesterday:", it sounds like a hint to a potential Batman movie. Or maybe it's just me though :p

Reactions: Phuncz

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Yes but Tenet is also directed by Christopher Nolan, who also directed the Dark Knight trilogy. Not the same movie or story, but something to look out for if his movies and sci-fi storytelling speak to you.

I love most (read: all) of the movies Nolan has diretced. Bonus points if the soundtrack was composed by Hans Zimmer. :p

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
I love most (read: all) of the movies Nolan has diretced. Bonus points if the soundtrack was composed by Hans Zimmer. :p

No, just read in the trivia that this is the first time that Zimmer has declined Nolan for a movie project he has been very passionate about his whole life.
Zimmer suggested an Ludwig Göransson, which is a good friend of Zimmer and the composer of "Black Panther", which he also won an Oscar for.

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
Today I was whistling Super Mario Bros 3 theme and stopped midway to drink my coffee .... when I heard my oldest daughter (13yo) whisteling the end of it from her bedroom. Switched to Super Mario World castle theme and a few Sonic classics ... she got everything right.

My job as a dad is over, I can die happily !

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Got back to Norway yesterday for the first time since late February. Feels really weird. Coming back to the old apartment felt disconcertingly like watching an episode of Hoarders - sure, a product of both living very minimally in a temporary apartment for three months and a product of how long we've lived in a too-small apartment before that (two people in ~45m2 with a very poor floor plan gets crowded quickly, especially when you have hobbies) but nonetheless a reminder of how you get stuck in bad habits if you can't get some perspective. This place looks like absolute s*** compared to the place we just left. Definitely motivated to not let the new apartment we're moving into in August (ever!) get like that. Also kickstarted a small cleaning rampage - lots of stuff getting recycled or given away (and there's more to come before the move).

CuMiCo

Caliper Novice
Jun 11, 2020
I just ordered the Metalfish Flex 500W of AliExpress for another GEEEK A31 build. The summer discount on AliExpress comes in quite handy. I saw no reviews or anything, there is barely feedback on the net. I'm quite curious. Delivery scheduled for 10th July.

I also ordered a fitting and quite powerful but silent fan (ARX CeraDyna) max. 30db at max. 12,71 cfm ...

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
I'm commenting just to complete the chain of ONFCSG members. Don't mind me!

actually, I've made some excellent progress converting my CNC machine over to Linux CNC. Designed a control box in Fusion 360 last week, working on configuring the Mesa cards this week! So close!

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
Oooompff. What happened ?

No idea. I was testing a guitar, and right as I turned it on something popped and dust shot out of the top left of the speaker grill. Luckily it wasn't my amp and was just a trash Orange combo amp from like 8 years ago.

AlexTSG

Master of Cramming
Jun 17, 2018
www.youtube.com
Being a fan of SFF PCs I couldn't resist backing the Chuwi Larkbox (0.16L) on Indiegogo today:

I signed up to get more info on this a few months ago and today I got a link for a "Secret Perk" level where I could get it for $139 including shipping. I'm a little worried about how long it will take to actually get to me with cheap/free shipping and the COVID-19 situation, but it's due to ship to backers in August 2020.

I see Liliputing has a review and a link where there are still a few units available at $149

Last edited:

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
Helped out someone with their S4M build and redid my desk setup:

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
Wow, how are you able to type on that keyboard with that tiny spacebar? My hands are cramping just looking at it. Nice setup otherwise though :)
It's not bad tbh. That said I will do a split ortho build next.

Last edited:

AlexTSG

Master of Cramming
Jun 17, 2018
www.youtube.com
Nice setup @Soul_Est

I really need to add an extra monitor for my setup, or get a widescreen, although the LG Widescreen that I really like is quite expensive. I wonder what the going rate is for kidneys...

The smallest keyboard I'd probably go for is the Ducky One 2 SF, and while it looks nice and clean there's no way I can do without printing on my keycaps. I gather that's you're a fairly skilled typist!

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
Nice setup @Soul_Est

I really need to add an extra monitor for my setup, or get a widescreen, although the LG Widescreen that I really like is quite expensive. I wonder what the going rate is for kidneys...

The smallest keyboard I'd probably go for is the Ducky One 2 SF, and while it looks nice and clean there's no way I can do without printing on my keycaps. I gather that's you're a fairly skilled typist!
I would recommend having a look at the Acer Nitro XV0 Ultrawide. A bit smaller but more affordable.

I'm not a skilled typist, just doing what I can to safeguard my wrists and improve my typing.