Memory Very low profile DDR4 ram

charlybegood

Trash Compacter
Sep 16, 2020
Still waiting for shipment... I'll keep you updated when I have product photos from basetao warehouse
First seller finally sent package today, waiting for arrival at Basetao.
I might have another source from Taobao that certified me that he had 16GB D9WFL memory dies (I insisted a lot on that), paid yesterday, sent in the day, arrived at the warehouse today ! He is very reactive, waiting for update from Basetao. Finger crossed.

charlybegood

Trash Compacter
Sep 16, 2020
Well the other memory sticks I received are D9WFL dies as well !
Link here
Seller is 中芯电子服务器配件商 (SMIC server accessories supplier)

Oizon

Trash Compacter
Nov 14, 2020
@charlybegood

Bow to the Chosen One! :eek: Great job, bro! Great news for all of SFF community. To tell you the truth I've contacted the seller from 2nd of your provided link and asked him if he has these chips. He replied "in stock" and then he refused to send me any pictures of the DIEs, saying :"Sorry we do not take pictures" XD I decided to give it a try and ordered 2x sticks. Also wrote a notice to my agent to buy sticks only with D9WFL number. I hope it will work out for me as well. That seller has 2 sticks with different DIE numbers on the second picture that he has in store.

Anyways thanks again for the info, Chosen One ;-)

Reactions: swooby

n.tesla

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 19, 2020
@n.tesla @Oizon
Guys, I finally got my hands on some Micron VLP 16GB D9WFL memory.
Seller is the one I talked to yesterday, most efficient seller ever ! his shop is IT硬件升级供应商城 (IT hardware upgrade supply mall)
Price is 520 yuan a piece, TaoBao Link here
Still waiting for the other order

Photos from Basetao :

Ha, chosen one indeed! Maybe I'll pick up a pair of these and sell off my d-die.
It was a long and arduous quest, enjoy your spoils sir!
Looking forward to seeing how far they clock.

Reactions: swooby

Oizon

Trash Compacter
Nov 14, 2020
@charlybegood @n.tesla @nicb6

Indeed! Seeing the results would've been great. But it will take some time for RAM to arrive ;-s Covid + Holydays + black friday = very slow delivery :\
I'll have my B-day 10th of January ... hopefully someone will have a guide for OCing these sticks. Or at least the results! Would be a great birthday present for me :confused:

Edit: Also a bit off topic here... Do you guys think there will be 3060 Ti ITX variant? I'm really hoping for it. 3060 ti officially comes out 2nd of December. And will have 200W-180W power draw according to different sources. (I'm thinking 200W most likely) And RTX 2070 ITX has 175W power draw, and GTX 1080 ITX has 180W power draw. Which basically tells that anything 180ish power draw = ITX variant. What do you guys think about this? Time will tell ofc, but still.

Last edited:

n.tesla

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 19, 2020
Do you guys think there will be 3060 Ti ITX variant?
Could well be though we might not see it until a bit later. I've been looking for a suitable 3rd party heatsink that will fit in the K39 as there are a few more options if not buying crazy overpriced ITX variants of 10xx and 20xx series.
I'd likely end up deshrouding and adding a duct anyway. Since the 3060 PCB is small and the power envelope small enough to cool on a smaller heatsink, it should be a viable option for that card too. But perhaps this conversation is worthy of a separate thread.

Reactions: Oizon

lys1030

Trash Compacter
Nov 8, 2020
www.youtube.com
Holly, vlp ddr4 3200 micron D9WFL! I'm going to get a pair right now. Thanks for sharing! I'll try to share the result if I could get a pair.

Last edited:

charlybegood

Trash Compacter
Sep 16, 2020
here for ya !
In the bar at the top of the writing zone you have "insert image" with the shape of an image.
You just paste the link of the *.jpeg

n.tesla

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 19, 2020
The legendary D9WFL E-die is confirmed. Not sure if my photo is zoomable. This is from 2nd link from charlybegood . I ordered a bit earlier so it's already at the warehouse.

Edit: can't link the actual photo. Some1 please teach me how to ;-D
imgur.com/a/RaK0lBa
I've been in touch with this same seller for several weeks now. A lot of "next week", "no stock" etc. I messaged them again after @charlybegood had success with them and they said "out of stock" or something similar. Maybe I'll try the other seller charly listed. Though need to sell my d-die first. I thought it would have sold quickly but no dice. If anyone is interested in some quick and easy VLP, you know who to call ;)

charlybegood

Trash Compacter
Sep 16, 2020
I've been in touch with this same seller for several weeks now. A lot of "next week", "no stock" etc. I messaged them again after @charlybegood had success with them and they said "out of stock" or something similar. Maybe I'll try the other seller charly listed. Though need to sell my d-die first. I thought it would have sold quickly but no dice. If anyone is interested in some quick and easy VLP, you know who to call ;)
Yes, I didn't really believed them when they said "yes I have it", and thought it was some trick to make me pay and wait a bit more...\
If you want, I have 4 sticks coming to me, and I only need 2, so I was intenting to sell them anyway, but it would be more cost effective to get them directly from TaoBao than shipping them from my place.
Has the other seller given you an answer ?

Last edited:

n.tesla

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 19, 2020
Yes, I didn't really believed them when they said "yes I have it", and thought it was some trick to make me pay and wait a bit more...\
If you want, I have 4 sticks coming to me, and I only need 2, so I was intenting to sell them anyway, but it would be more cost effective to get them directly from TaoBao than shipping them from my place.
Has the other seller given you an answer ?

That's a very kind offer! If you think you can make a profit then go ahead and sell them, though be warned, I'm trying to sell my spare pair just now and there is little interest so far. I'd like to shift at least one of my d-die pairs before I spend any more money on RAM!
Reunion Island looks like a cartoon landscape, you're so lucky to live in such a place! Enjoy!

Reactions: charlybegood

Oizon

Trash Compacter
Nov 14, 2020
@charlybegood
That is nice of you to give our pal a hand in offering these sticks. Good man!

@n.tesla
so far there are very few offers on ebay (the VLP sticks) I'd start there. And prices are really high. So you know what to do I guess ;-) I'm sure they would sell fast.

n.tesla

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 19, 2020
@charlybegood
That is nice of you to give our pal a hand in offering these sticks. Good man!

@n.tesla
so far there are very few offers on ebay (the VLP sticks) I'd start there. And prices are really high. So you know what to do I guess ;-) I'm sure they would sell fast.
They're on eBay already at £150 for the pair. Not even making a profit once you factor in postage. Will just leave em up until someone bites. I'm surprised they didn't go straight away since, as you said, the going rate is much higher.

Oizon

Trash Compacter
Nov 14, 2020
They're on eBay already at £150 for the pair. Not even making a profit once you factor in postage. Will just leave em up until someone bites. I'm surprised they didn't go straight away since, as you said, the going rate is much higher.
Great! 150 pounds seems like a great price to be honest. Most people put them up for 200ish. Someone should buy them I'm sure. Might be also that most people want 2x8GB to save costs and not 2x16GB but I might be wrong. Some passionate builder will buy yours for sure ;-)

CZero

Chassis Packer
Dec 18, 2018
I own a Pair of VLP Kingston RAM which i overtclocked to 3600mhz CL 16 (20,18,20 etc). With 1,37V.
Not limit tested to be honest, i just wanted my 1800mhz infinity clock and solid Timings so i chosed the quick way and adopted the Hynix Profil in the Ryzen OC Programm.

Reactions: Oizon and n.tesla