Memory Very low profile DDR4 ram

UnitScott

Caliper Novice
Apr 24, 2020
side note on my usage of them: on the end of my 1080 mini's heatsink where it made contact with my S4M-C's aluminum wrap-around bezel.. the bezel now gets warm/hot when at full load (card stays below 71c due to my agressive fan curve) the pads/bezel are working very well at transferring and conducting and dissipating the heat, even better than having the old 2D acylic bezel that had a GPU airflow cutout where hot GPU air would exit from.. i'm 1-3c lower on temps all around the temp range now without the cutout, lol.
Interesting... every gpu degree counts, especially in a sff gaming PC! I was coincidentally just wondering about the quality of the stock thermal pads in GPUs... Definitely below 11W/mK, but if 6W/mK is an upgrade , at that price I'll definitely mod my rx 5700 itx.

I look forward to your temp results
Me too! With a 12mm Scythe kaze flex mini in a black ridge exhausting the heat, it'll be interesting to see how far I can push those v-color vlps.

CubanLegend

Steely-Eyed NVFlash Man
Dec 23, 2016
smallformfactor.net
Interesting... every gpu degree counts, especially in a sff gaming PC! I was coincidentally just wondering about the quality of the stock thermal pads in GPUs... Definitely below 11W/mK, but if 6W/mK is an upgrade , at that price I'll definitely mod my rx 5700 itx.

Me too! With a 12mm Scythe kaze flex mini in a black ridge exhausting the heat, it'll be interesting to see how far I can push those v-color vlps.
I idnt replace any GPU thermal pads, I just added a pad on the end of the heatsink where it touched the wrap-around bezel on the S4 Mini.

Oh and you should NOT run a fan on a blackridge in a PUSH config, its less efficient than PULL.. I did tests and confirmed with about a 3-5 degree c improvement using PULL cold air in, and down onto the CPU/mobo.

noleggio

Cable Smoosher
Apr 5, 2017
Do you have any update on those by any chance? Thanks.

Plopped the VLP ram from supermicro on a x570 Aorus board, 3950x w/ Blackridge cooler & 120mm slim noctua fan. I'm confirming they fit in an S4 Mini but it's literally sitting on top of the ram. 0mm of clearance.

In order to get it to fit I had to toss the vibration pads on the noctua as well as the 2 sided tape i was using. The fan clips do not work with the x570 aorus as it hits the (vram/io?) heatsink. Since there is 0 clearance, one retaining screw on the fan is enough to hold it snug against the heatsink (sandwiched between the ram).

Also, there was a fair amount of uhh... this. I was a little bit more cautious and heated up the pipes before hand. even then, there was a deeply uncomfortable moment when I was test fitting the side panel and the entire motherboard assembly was flexing 1-2mm in order for me to be able to screw the panel in place.

Is it sexy? Yes. Is it safe? At this point, if the mobo cracks in half I'll consider it a win as long as the CPU makes it out ok. I'm waiting on my HDPlex psu and cables from Josh @ NFC (i think they ship tomorrow or next day) and will post update on my build log.

NinoPecorino

Tweezer Squeezer
Platinum Supporter
Nov 24, 2017
Plopped the VLP ram from supermicro on a x570 Aorus board, 3950x w/ Blackridge cooler & 120mm slim noctua fan. I'm confirming they fit in an S4 Mini but it's literally sitting on top of the ram. 0mm of clearance.

In order to get it to fit I had to toss the vibration pads on the noctua as well as the 2 sided tape i was using. The fan clips do not work with the x570 aorus as it hits the (vram/io?) heatsink. Since there is 0 clearance, one retaining screw on the fan is enough to hold it snug against the heatsink (sandwiched between the ram).

Also, there was a fair amount of uhh... this. I was a little bit more cautious and heated up the pipes before hand. even then, there was a deeply uncomfortable moment when I was test fitting the side panel and the entire motherboard assembly was flexing 1-2mm in order for me to be able to screw the panel in place.

Is it sexy? Yes. Is it safe? At this point, if the mobo cracks in half I'll consider it a win as long as the CPU makes it out ok. I'm waiting on my HDPlex psu and cables from Josh @ NFC (i think they ship tomorrow or next day) and will post update on my build log.
you beat me to it! i have a 3950x on the way and i'm waiting on the b550 pg-itx to release. can't wait to see the overclock.

Reactions: noleggio

inksoldier

Efficiency Noob
Apr 21, 2020
For those who are running the V-Color 32 GB kits and Asus b450 itx, have you guys had any issues with the system not posting or running it higher than stocks speeds?

I have a 3600 and I've desperately trying to get the system to stabilize. Sometimes it'll post, sometimes it won't. It's a luck of the draw for me. I tried increase the frequency to 3000 but it wasn't stable. I know these ram sticks are not on QVL.

Could it be the Mobo or CPU? If the system is running too hot would that be a factor in booting? Any help, comment or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hellow

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 7, 2019
Are you on 1.35v?
The prob. comes from the mobo imo.
Ofc temp can affect stability

Here,with the Kingston, I was fine and very stable at CAS 18 - 3600Mhz and suddenly after the Windows 2004 update got freez, bluescreen, random instant reboot... Had to go to CAS 20 - 3600Mhz to keep it stable.

inksoldier

Efficiency Noob
Apr 21, 2020
I have everything set to default settings so it's on auto voltage. When I try 1.35v and try to boot up into windows it just hangs again. I'll try it with the Asus x570i.

CubanLegend

Steely-Eyed NVFlash Man
Dec 23, 2016
smallformfactor.net

I had to do no bending for my S4M-C, but i heard these new S4M's have needed a little bending lol. NICE!

UnitScott

Caliper Novice
Apr 24, 2020
Welp, I think my V-Color stocks are dead, tried it on my x570 board and the debug light shows ram as the issue

What model of the vcolor vlp are you using, and do you have pictures of the sticks, the error and the boot process? I'll be booting mine up on an x570 Aorus in the next two weeks, so hopefully I can help :)

while waiting the 2 months for my red vlp heatsinks products to arrive (...ugh)

Update on that «ugh» for the heatsinks :
Canada Post lost my package (no fault of the Amazon seller, who refunded me immediately - I'd still definitely recommend him).
I therefore splurged on the aliexpress version, where I could guarantee shipment with DHL - should receive in next two weeks.
Also, out of curiosity, I went digging online to find the origin of those heatsinks; they seem to be pilfered from a long defunct product of a long defunct Philippino memory company (Ramsta). The original sticks with heatsink are actually available on Taobao, but they're definitely not worth the price...

...The packaging is pretty cool though:

Last edited:

inksoldier

Efficiency Noob
Apr 21, 2020
What model of the vcolor vlp are you using, and do you have pictures of the sticks, the error and the boot process? I'll be booting mine up on an x570 Aorus in the next two weeks, so hopefully I can help :)

There's no code because its not posting at all. My Asus x570i motherboard lights indicates that the error lies with the DRAM.

UnitScott

Caliper Novice
Apr 24, 2020
what do you mean the thermals are good? what tests did you run and what were the results?

I misspoke, as I have yet to receive them. In the (hopeful) hypothetical where the thermals are good, I’ll list them.

Regardless, as soon as I lay my hands on them, you guys will be the first to know. I’ll post benchmarks and pictures of the config.

For science.

rockwentzy

Cable Smoosher
Sep 5, 2018
I'm planning to do a build with Asus strix z490i and 10700k with the black ridge+120mm fan below. What type of VLP should I get? The z490i strix manual says it supports non-ecc unbuffered. The only one I found was Innodisk and couldn't find out where to buy these.

NinoPecorino

Tweezer Squeezer
Platinum Supporter
Nov 24, 2017
I'm planning to do a build with Asus strix z490i and 10700k with the black ridge+120mm fan below. What type of VLP should I get? The z490i strix manual says it supports non-ecc unbuffered. The only one I found was Innodisk and couldn't find out where to buy these.
kingston makes non-ecc vlp udimms. look for "KVR26N19S8L/8". i'm not sure if they made 16gb dimms in the valueram series. you can always check their website for info.

rockwentzy

Cable Smoosher
Sep 5, 2018
kingston makes non-ecc vlp udimms. look for "KVR26N19S8L/8". i'm not sure if they made 16gb dimms in the valueram series. you can always check their website for info.
I couldn't find 16gb modules from Kingston. Do you know where one could get 16gb non-ecc vlp udimms?