Memory Very low profile DDR4 ram

Syncro

Caliper Novice
Nov 13, 2019
In EU, the Kingston VLP is readily available @ Alternate. In Germany, I found Mindfactory.de to provide the best pricing (as low as 33.33/stick so far, though it fluctuates a lot).

I'm running it at 3466@1.28V 16-17-18-21-37. (Edit: 3600C16@1.35V) Fully stable & errorless.

I'm on Zen 1 though, so can't tell if my IMC is the limiting factor or the ICs.

Those 25$/stick Adata deals are still unbeatable honestly, they would need to be of significantly lower quality to detract from that.

Last edited:
Reactions: NateDawg72

NateDawg72

Master of Cramming
Aug 11, 2016
@Syncro would you consider 3200mhz18-19-19-19-39-58 @ 1.35v significantly lower quality? That's the best my spectek adata would do, though it sounds like new adata might be better stuff.

Syncro

Caliper Novice
Nov 13, 2019
@Syncro would you consider 3200mhz18-19-19-19-39-58 @ 1.35v significantly lower quality? That's the best my spectek adata would do, though it sounds like new adata might be better stuff.
I mean even that is still acceptable for cost optimized Intel/Ryzen1/2 systems with dGPUs. Though I see you got them at last year's ram pricing, ouch.

From what others are reporting, 3200C16 seems to be doable for newer Adata, if those are normal stats and as long as Nanya 20nm A-die doesn't miraculously turn out to be a hidden gem, I think the purple sticks are superb.

Reactions: NateDawg72

payo36

Caliper Novice
May 1, 2019
www.minicomputers.net
I tested ADATA 2666MHz VLP RAM for a month now with 3900x and x570 mobo. The fastest and stable setting is 3333 MHz 16-20-20-40 @ 1.38V using Dram calculator
And here is SPD read out SPD
Latency 71.8 ns
Read 50517 MB/s
Write 48876 MB/s

I have tried 3400 MHz but it does not post.

londiste

Chassis Packer
Nov 22, 2019
I understand. I was only saying that not matter what they will work on Intel or Ryzen CPU :)
And you can buy directly from Crucial!
https://eu.crucial.com/eur/en/ct16g4xfd8266
looks like am4 boards and ryzens seem to handle ecc just fine in general. how about intel? will these ecc sticks work with a normal motherboard that obviously doesn't list ecc support. specifically, i have an i5 8400 on rog strix z370-i. considering it but i am just too unsure about pulling the trigger on 250€ worth of ram without being sure it works :(

also, do ecc modules handle oc as well as non-ecc modules?

madejackson

Chassis Packer
Jan 18, 2019
After disappointing results with my adata vlp ram, i ordered Crucial 2x16GB ECC Memory CT16G4XFD8266S.

As hoped they are indeed Micron E-Die (dual Rank). Happy to announce very good compatibility with Ryzen 3rd gen.
I am running them now 3800C18-23-16-16-38-65@1.35V fully stable (3900x + strix B450-i) (Latency: 70.1ns)

Proof:

RogueLeader

Average Stuffer
Oct 11, 2017
After disappointing results with my adata vlp ram, i ordered Crucial 2x16GB ECC Memory CT16G4XFD8266S.

As hoped they are indeed Micron E-Die (dual Rank). Happy to announce very good compatibility with Ryzen 3rd gen.
I am running them now 3800C18-23-16-16-38-65@1.35V fully stable (3900x + strix B450-i) (Latency: 70.1ns)

Proof:

please state if this Crucial Ram can be bought on AliExpress, or some other site, which is in english.

MrKoolKhai

Chassis Packer
Aug 8, 2018
I'm not sure if this link has been shared previously, but 16GB VLP DDR4 is available from Kingston on AliExpress here. I haven't actually purchased the RAM, but someone on r/hardwareswap sent me the link after I asked them where they purchased the VLP DDR4 they were selling. It's much cheaper than the Innodisk stuff, so I hope this is useful to someone.

Has anyone been able to find VLP DDR4 with a black PCB that is available to purchase? The closest that I have been able to find is from a brand called Tigo; a link to the product page is here. I found a listing for 8GB of this memory, but the website does not seem to be reputable based on a quick Google search. The details page on the listing indicates that a 16GB version of this memory is available, but I haven't been able to find a listing for it anywhere. I tried contacting Tigo's AliExpress page about the memory, but I have not received a response. Hopefully someone can figure out a way to get the Tigo memory as a black PCB would be really nice to have.

Titeywitey

Trash Compacter
May 24, 2019
I'm not sure if this link has been shared previously, but 16GB VLP DDR4 is available from Kingston on AliExpress here. I haven't actually purchased the RAM, but someone on r/hardwareswap sent me the link after I asked them where they purchased the VLP DDR4 they were selling. It's much cheaper than the Innodisk stuff, so I hope this is useful to someone.

Has anyone been able to find VLP DDR4 with a black PCB that is available to purchase? The closest that I have been able to find is from a brand called Tigo; a link to the product page is here. I found a listing for 8GB of this memory, but the website does not seem to be reputable based on a quick Google search. The details page on the listing indicates that a 16GB version of this memory is available, but I haven't been able to find a listing for it anywhere. I tried contacting Tigo's AliExpress page about the memory, but I have not received a response. Hopefully someone can figure out a way to get the Tigo memory as a black PCB would be really nice to have.
Any idea what chips are on these sticks?

NinoPecorino

Tweezer Squeezer
Platinum Supporter
Nov 24, 2017

chinahao is a terrible site, avoid at all costs. i spent an exorbitant amount of time trying to get hold of tigo vlp ddr4. i bought sticks from multiple sellers on taobao who claimed to be selling it only to have regular height dimms delivered. contacted tigo repeatedly. tigo responded to me on aliexpress and through direct email to the company. they haven't produced it in a long time and seem to have no desire to produce it again. they also used garbage-tier spectek ICs. colorful will be releasing a vlp ddr4 with a black pcb sometime next year, although it will ship with an rgb heatspreader that will need to be removed to make it vlp height.

also thanks for the kingston link

Reactions: Phuncz

MrKoolKhai

Chassis Packer
Aug 8, 2018
@Titeywitey I'm not sure; I just thought that sharing the link would be helpful due to it being much cheaper than the Innodisk DDR4.

@NinoPecorino That's really unfortunate about the Tigo DIMMs. I'm not sure how big the performance impact would be from those ICs (I'm running an Intel system and I've read that Intel is less sensitive to differences in memory), but I probably would have been open to trying them out if the price was right. Are the Colorful DIMMs confirmed to have a black PCB? I could have sworn that I saw something about them having a purple PCB. If the Colorful RAM has a black PCB, I hope that it is available as soon as possible.

NinoPecorino

Tweezer Squeezer
Platinum Supporter
Nov 24, 2017
@Titeywitey I'm not sure; I just thought that sharing the link would be helpful due to it being much cheaper than the Innodisk DDR4.

@NinoPecorino That's really unfortunate about the Tigo DIMMs. I'm not sure how big the performance impact would be from those ICs (I'm running an Intel system and I've read that Intel is less sensitive to differences in memory), but I probably would have been open to trying them out if the price was right. Are the Colorful DIMMs confirmed to have a black PCB? I could have sworn that I saw something about them having a purple PCB. If the Colorful RAM has a black PCB, I hope that it is available as soon as possible.
the pictures i saw of the colorful vlp were with a black pcb. i will post in this thread when the colorful vlp is released.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrKoolKhai

Syncro

Caliper Novice
Nov 13, 2019
Anybody have a link for the "newer" adata ram? I don't know which are which, or how one would even tell.
It would be the same links, you'd just hope that what you're getting is new stock rather than DIMMs the supplier had ordered a while ago. I doubt they ever have a large unsold backlog laying around, so it's not the biggest gamble but asian internet resellers are sadly rarely known for their transparency and reliability.

ccamacho

Efficiency Noob
May 18, 2019
Hi!

I'm looking for 2x16GB DDR4 2666 (as cheap as possible) for an SFF build, I went through the aliexpress/taobao links but the fact they send randomly the sizes of the modules is a no-go for me... as I must use the VLP model.

Do you know which is the current cheapest provider that can ship to Europe?

Thanks!

madejackson

Chassis Packer
Jan 18, 2019
Hi!

I'm looking for 2x16GB DDR4 2666 (as cheap as possible) for an SFF build, I went through the aliexpress/taobao links but the fact they send randomly the sizes of the modules is a no-go for me... as I must use the VLP model.

Do you know which is the current cheapest provider that can ship to Europe?

Thanks!

My kit is exactly what you are looking for:
CT16G4XFD8266S

Webber88

What's an ITX?
Dec 31, 2019
I'm looking to put the R7 3800x on the msi b450i with ac mini-itx mobo which can run ECC in non-ECC mode. I read through the thread and I don't want to play the lottery on the purple 16gb ADATA vlp sticks. I'm more inclined on waiting for the CT16G4XFD8266S to restock. But just saw Optimum Tech's recommendation for Crucial DDR4-2666 16GB/2Gx72 VLP ECC/REG CL19 Server Memory.

Is there any reason why one shouldn't get server memory? Is this also a viable option?