Memory Very low profile DDR4 ram

Acty_ly

Chassis Packer
Nov 14, 2018
that looks like standard height ram
its rdimm, since you bought it for a server that makes sense, but it won't work on consumer boards
Yes, I just started to try it out, the test results are not bad, I am ready to buy another piece, I have three servers ready to be replaced.

NateDawg72

Master of Cramming
Aug 11, 2016
I see :)
We are eager to find Very Low Profile ram in this thread - if you find any VLP UDIMMs let us know (the ram shouldn't be taller than the clips on the ram slot)

parlinone

Trash Compacter
Nov 3, 2017
So what's the height of those purple low profile ADATA U-DIMMs from the first page? Are they usable for regular DIMM slots?

I'm using ADATA XPG 3000MHz right now as those are just low enough to not interfere with my heatsink, so for my current build I'm fine. Still, good to know these are around.

Angled DIMM-slots for mini-ITX would be preferable though, it's a mystery to me why nobody does that when these motherboards are all rated 95+W (=big-ass heatsinks required)

Last edited:

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
So what's the height of those purple low profile ADATA U-DIMMs from the first page? Are they usable for regular DIMM slots?

I'm using ADATA XPG 3000MHz right now as those are just low enough to not interfere with my heatsink, so for my current build I'm fine. Still, good to know these are around.

Angled DIMM-slots for mini-ITX would be preferable though, it's a mystery to me why nobody does that when these motherboards are all rated 95+W (=big-ass heatsinks required)
My post above I have the ADATA purple VLP DIMMs on an ITX board.
They are the height of the DIMM slot clips, no higher.

What do mean by angled? As in lying horizontally like Laptop memory?
I think a few enterprise boards use those, but in ITX, the space used by that would actually be greater than standard LP DIMMs and occupy too much PCB space. Most systems don't actually have any height restrictions to necessitate LP or VLP memory, I think the Black Ridge is one of the first heatsinks to offer benefits when used like this.

AURMEND

Destroyer of PCs
A&M Solutions and Design LLC
Jul 30, 2018
Kowalski, Analysis

SUU1G8Z01AD8WE. DDR4 2133MHZ

SUU1G8Z01AD8WE
SpecTek/Customer Mark
SUU = SpecTek C-Grade Flow - Unmarked
Component Depth
1G = 1 Gigabit
Component Width
8 = x8
Product Technology
Z = DDR4
Voltage
D = 1.2V DDR4
Refresh
8 = 8K Grade A ~98-100%
Component Package
WE = TFBGA 78/117B 8X12X1.2
Speed/Grade
Invalid value.

Last edited:

NateDawg72

Master of Cramming
Aug 11, 2016
But the speed... would it be enough?
I mean, It would bottleneck some games/work/speed, right?
You can see by my testing here that the adata ram is fairly overclockable. The issue is not the speed, but the latency :) it will be among the highest latency kits available since the timings are pretty loose.

My final timings were 18-19-19-19-39-58, at 1.35v, 3200mhz

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
I see :)
We are eager to find Very Low Profile ram in this thread - if you find any VLP UDIMMs let us know (the ram shouldn't be taller than the clips on the ram slot)
There are the Innodisk! Unbuffered, 2666MHz, 16gb no ECC, VLP. But the retailers I've found in UK cannot ship in Belgium...

Seid Dark

Chassis Packer
Oct 15, 2018
There are the Innodisk! Unbuffered, 2666MHz, 16gb no ECC, VLP. But the retailers I've found in UK cannot ship in Belgium...
I bought mine from Simms UK, they ship to EU countries. It's not a retail store but you can contact them through the form on their site. Shipping is very expensive though, almost 50€.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
I bought mine from Simms UK, they ship to EU countries. It's not a retail store but you can contact them through the form on their site. Shipping is very expensive though, almost 50€.
I did, they say that cannot sell to me out of UK, It is possible?