Concept Vapor Frame: The Incredibly Functional Yet Beautiful Sff Case

BSartist

Trash Compacter
Sep 2, 2020
Am I correct in interpreting this as not being particularly well-suited for a flow-thru GPU cooler (30xx FE)?

Rama_Dynamics

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Nov 14, 2021
Am I correct in interpreting this as not being particularly well-suited for a flow-thru GPU cooler (30xx FE)?
I don't think it will be an issue, think Meshlicious but with significantly more fresh air coming into and out of the case. There is also a decent amount of space between the rad and GPU for fresh air to pass through. Additionally, I am planning to make the riser mount adjustable so that it can be spaced further from the mid-plate towards the rear grill.

KeurigHomebrew

Cable Smoosher
Dec 18, 2020
Very cool, I love the options this case provides. I'm assuming the horizontal layout is still a sandwich layout, right?

Also are the side panels glass or mesh? I can't quite tell from the photos.

And finally do you have an estimated timeline for this project? Have you ordered any prototypes yet?

Very excited for this project and I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes!

Reactions: Rama_Dynamics

Rama_Dynamics

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Nov 14, 2021
Very cool, I love the options this case provides. I'm assuming the horizontal layout is still a sandwich layout, right?
Yeah, it is the same layout. However, I am currently working on making 'accent' piece placeholders to add case feet to the bottom of the case, and at the top simple panels that will cover the holes.

Also are the side panels glass or mesh? I can't quite tell from the photos.
At the front you've got a tempered glass panel with a subtle tint, at the back the panel is perforated aluminum, the holes are larger and nearer to each other than what you would find on something like a Ghost S1.

And finally do you have an estimated timeline for this project? Have you ordered any prototypes yet?
This being my first project of this scale, I can't give any concrete numbers. I would love to have a Kickstarter and website up within the next 3 months. Currently, I am 3d printing some models. As the outer panels will be machined, I have to have 100% confidence with the parts before I begin the process of creating extrusion molds.

Very excited for this project and I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes!
I really appreciate your guy's input and support thus far. I can't wait to see what your guys builds will look like with this :)

Last edited:

Rama_Dynamics

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Nov 14, 2021
Finished developing an ATX version. To do this the PSU had to be relocated to the rear chamber, this eliminates the option of having a 360 mm radiator in the back as the PSU occupies some space on the rails, most 240 mm rads will fit.
Additionally, I have ditched the rail system in place for a panel that can be removed to access motherboard I/O.
I have also added a slight chamfer at the front and rear edges of the case.

Last edited:

KeurigHomebrew

Cable Smoosher
Dec 18, 2020
Thanks for the consistent updates on this project, it's great to see it coming along! With this IO update and the mention of right angle adaptors, I'm having a bit of a hard time figuring out where the cables are supposed to exit the case? Will there be a cutout at the bottom of the IO door opening? Or where would that be?

Reactions: Rama_Dynamics

Rama_Dynamics

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Nov 14, 2021
Thanks for the consistent updates on this project, it's great to see it coming along! With this IO update and the mention of right angle adaptors, I'm having a bit of a hard time figuring out where the cables are supposed to exit the case? Will there be a cutout at the bottom of the IO door opening? Or where would that be?
You could pass the cables out the side, but the original intent was to have them come out the back, through the cutouts/door at the rear. The idea is the same as with this build, where the cables are passed underneath the motherboard and out the back.

Sen

Trash Compacter
Mar 1, 2020
sen.lol
I think that would be a great idea, the only problem is that the fan/rad brackets essentially slide into the frame of the case. They're designed within .25 +- mm tolerances of 25 and 15 mm fans. In the future, if there is enough of a demand, having a 30 mm bracket would definitely be an option.
Will wait for this future revision! Phanteks T30's are my favourite fans and they perform amazingly, wish I could fit more than just the two in the NR200.

Rama_Dynamics

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Nov 14, 2021
This is a nice case. Can I have one?

A 12900k and a 3090 will be really happy ;)

Are there any plans to have both panels with mesh?
Thanks :) For now it will just be mesh at the rear. If there is enough demand, I will definitely consider it. Optionally, the glass at the front can be separated from the frame it’s secured to to make it semi-open-air.

Last edited:

Qu1ckset

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 9, 2020
Are you going to make renders with a system built into it and with all panels on or you just waiting till you make a prototype ?

Rama_Dynamics

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Nov 14, 2021
Are you going to make renders with a system built into it and with all panels on or you just waiting till you make a prototype ?
I’m working on some renders with components. Prototypes will take a while as I’m having trouble finding a factory capable of doing everything needed.

Reactions: Jamessko and Sen

Rama_Dynamics

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Nov 14, 2021
This latest update comes in 3 separate posts to make things clearer.
I would like to talk about the colors and finishes that will be available. The plan is to have a light, dark, and raw metallic theme for the internals, that includes the mid-plate and various brackets. I might do this with the rear mesh as well. Copper will be available for early backers.

Copper Pro Model (mATX)

Light Standard Model (ITX)

Dark Performance Model (ITX)

Raw Max Model (ATX)​

Last edited: