Undervolt 7700k

Neeho2

Case Bender
Original poster
Jul 21, 2017
brand spankin new to SSF soi apologize if I'm in the wrong thread

I just completed ( for the most part ) my mini itx build inside an NFC systems s4 mini...I'm absolutely in love with it but I need some guidance for undervoltage...I put a 7700k in it ( knowing I might see a problem with temps ) and as to be expected I do...not toooo terrible be if I can fix or help it I'm going to
This 7700k is on an asus rog strix z270i
This is my first new build in 5 plus years so a new UEFI bios I'm unfamiliar with is a little daunting...I want to do some careful undervolting without losing (too much) performance
I think it can be done without losing any performance but if there is a small performance trade off I'm willing to make it...I'm prepared to drop voltage slightly, restart, run stress tests, record data, and repeate...I just need a little guidance through this new bios and some professional help would be invaluable...can someone help walk me through this?

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Unfortunately I have no experience with that Motherboard, but in general it should be as simple as adjusting the voltage multiplier to be lower, applying it, and testing :) go gradually, start off with a modest decrease and if it's stable go further. Otherwise cut it in half and repeat. That'll zero you in quickly. Once you're comfortable run a prolonged stress test to be certain and be sure to record your results along the way. More data for the community is always appreciated :)

msystems

King of Cable Management
Apr 28, 2017
I have the same board. Set the offset to Negative ("-") and amount to .05v and keep going in .01v increments. You should be able to go to -.1v (~1.1 vcore) at least. Getting down to -.2v (~1.0 vcore) at stock would be really good. Depends on the chip

Last edited:
Reactions: Biowarejak