Motherboard Thin ITX Discussion Thread

Marzipan

Trash Compacter
Sep 12, 2019
not a bad looking board. I don't get why they don't use mDP connectors for video out though. saves so much space that would allow for more USB or better audio i/o.

it says it supports 3 independent displays...it only has 2x DP ports so I guess the third is used via the eDP or LVDS? can anyone give the cliff notes on how you would use the eDP or LVDS for a display?

also...odd it only supports 8th gen, not the 9th gen, despite being the 3xx chipset family. I've msg'd them asking if these have or will have 9th gen support via BIOS updates.

and question...where do updates come from? BIOS and such, as bugs or erata are found?

Last edited:
Reactions: Windfall

Marzipan

Trash Compacter
Sep 12, 2019
well, some good news. I got a reply from AAEON and they said their MIX-H310D1 has a BIOS update for 9th gen Intel CPU's and the MIX-Q370D1 is currently under verification for a BIOS update for the 9th gen processors. :D

eiselx86

Trash Compacter
Oct 23, 2017
Saw this single-slot 1060 on aliexpress yesterday, release-date looks to be 11/11-19. Could be something for your thin build :thumb:

Reactions: Jello

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
mi
Saw this single-slot 1060 on aliexpress yesterday, release-date looks to be 11/11-19. Could be something for your thin build :thumb:

that just got bookmarked. thanks!

Reactions: eiselx86

cleveland

Master of Cramming
Sep 8, 2016

Holy crap, thats The Dream in SFF shape and size!

Marzipan

Trash Compacter
Sep 12, 2019
Oh, I don’t know whether to do a new topic or not ... but howling is a thin Mini STX format board:
that's le awesome. are there any other photo's of it? I'm kinda sad that they wasted so much space in the i/o area...could have added another video out or 4 more USB ports or 2 more USB and another Gb NIC...le sigh.

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
also, it appears this can take full on desktop CPU, so you may not be limited to just the low power T processors.

There are probably physical hardware power delivery limits, and I prefer t processors!

Marzipan

Trash Compacter
Sep 12, 2019
There are probably physical hardware power delivery limits, and I prefer t processors!
T processors are nice...but they're quite handicapped against the full desktop brethren. just looking at passmark or geekbench 4 and 5 scores shows this. of course, the full on desktop CPU's aren't as friendly for tight spaces, heat and power consumption...so I do get it.

a quick question. what are the highest TDP blowers for LGA_1151? the blowers in the Lenovo x Tiny's is for 65w. I'd like to know if there's better that is still quiet...

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
T processors are nice...but they're quite handicapped against the full desktop brethren. just looking at passmark or geekbench 4 and 5 scores shows this. of course, the full on desktop CPU's aren't as friendly for tight spaces, heat and power consumption...so I do get it.

a quick question. what are the highest TDP blowers for LGA_1151? the blowers in the Lenovo x Tiny's is for 65w. I'd like to know if there's better that is still quiet...

Yeah, but I'm fine with the limits, in normal use it isn't noticeable!

oooh...stumbled upon another thin ITX mobo, from Asus, the H310T R2.0:
https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/PRIME-H310T-R2-0/

it's kinda sad all the thin STX boards are ancient and running the 1xx series chipsets. :(

Yeah, I wish the industrial scene would catch up already!

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
This will probably be offtopic from the theme, but if you need more compactness ....

That's pretty cool, industrial NUC boards do some weird things.

Maybe this discussion should move to the industrial motherboard thread.