Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

edrenmarc

Trash Compacter
Sep 28, 2017
I dare to differ. But I encourage you to come back to slack and make your vote count.

I had been checking slack on a consistent basis. Just explaining my experience with that platform.

I then had a holiday trip and didn’t check for several days and polls had been put up and results already taken. Meaning at that point my vote really didn’t matter.

I’m merely stating that the polls are just another thread post amongst the mass of forum chat. There’s no real means to alert all backers that there’s a new poll. You have to constantly check it.

itzfx

Chassis Packer
Nov 13, 2017
Ha! That place gets flooded so easily, I've been waiting for the invite to the private reddit and only found out its not going to happen from your post. I really dislike the platform, and how disorganized it is, or is made to be, because of all the general discussion and random posts happening in each category.

Reactions: SeeFiFo and zacobin

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
According to the GPU compatibility list, the MSI Gaming X will need an S top hat. So is it still possible for me to mount 2 fans at the top of the case if I order M or L top hat?
Yes, it should say that in the compatibility document as well.

Reactions: minhbao92

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
@PaChalski So I know you guys are currently doing the noctua cooler thing and are looking into custom length cables. Are you guys still also trying to create some sort of discounted deal on a power supply? It seems that the corsair SF600 was by and large the PSU most people were going to buy anyway according to the Slack.
Yes, we have asked CaseKing and Captech for quotes. Hopefully we wont need to go to corsair directly.

Reactions: 3vilgenius

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
I believe the most recent updates are on slack. If you’re a backer you should have received an email on how to follow them on slack. They had planned to create a reddit page but the vote to use reddit didn’t pass so it will continue to stay on slack. The problem on slack is that people are having random casual conversations on the important threads and for that very reason, I’ve stopped checking. Because I can care less that i.e. rigmaster2005 just bought a new aio cpu cooler and posted a picture of it in the #ghost_general thread.

Frankly the polling format they’re using only gets responses from people who check slack on a regular basis so the people already spamming slack are the ones voting and keeping it from reddit.

From what I’ve read I think they’re planning for mass production in April. But don’t quote me on that. I was and am still very excited for this case but the lack of updates, meltdown/spectre issues with current cpus, overpriced gpus due to crypto miners, and just waiting for the next generation of cpus/gpus, has somewhat toned down the excitement for the ghost. I’ll get it when I get it. I’m skeptical on how they’re gonna get everyone’s color choice and additional tophat orders with their current polling options.

Slack is admittedly a mess, and hard to follow. With that many members and some being very active it is hard to follow. We don't read #General and #Random unless we are called upon, those are the chatter Channels and maybe we should just remove "General with time. But the community is still forming, group dynamics and platform dynamics take time before they are efficient. I recommend you to only follow #announcements to follow the progress and then dive in to the dedicated channels that interest you based on what you read in announcements. NO decisions have been made thus far regarding the add-ons or anything else, only proposed directions that our CMF team will evaluate and present sharp proposals from. This is when we will need a proper poll to include everyone. For the initial setting of directions we need the ultra fast 24h results to be able to navigate this terrain efficiently.

fleetfeather

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 20, 2017
idk if this has already been mentioned elsewhere, but is the Ghost S1 designed to allow a 92mm AIO to fit under the PSU, as is possible in the Dan A4? I'm just trying to think of ways to cool a GPU with an AIO cooler, without taking up room in a top/bottomhat.

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
idk if this has already been mentioned elsewhere, but is the Ghost S1 designed to allow a 92mm AIO to fit under the PSU, as is possible in the Dan A4? I'm just trying to think of ways to cool a GPU with an AIO cooler, without taking up room in a top/bottomhat.

Not without using the topmost PSU mounting position & cutting away some of the Spine...?

Flyingpepper

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 8, 2018
I had been checking slack on a consistent basis. Just explaining my experience with that platform.

I then had a holiday trip and didn’t check for several days and polls had been put up and results already taken. Meaning at that point my vote really didn’t matter.

I’m merely stating that the polls are just another thread post amongst the mass of forum chat. There’s no real means to alert all backers that there’s a new poll. You have to constantly check it.

There is a separate channel where only polls are posted. I check the slack once a day and it doesn’t take but two minutes max to check all the useful channels. There is no need to regularly check random or general. If you want to be alerted of new polls then turn on notifications for #ghost_polls. ;)

SeeFiFo

Average Stuffer
May 14, 2017
I believe the most recent updates are on slack. If you’re a backer you should have received an email on how to follow them on slack. They had planned to create a reddit page but the vote to use reddit didn’t pass so it will continue to stay on slack. The problem on slack is that people are having random casual conversations on the important threads and for that very reason, I’ve stopped checking. Because I can care less that i.e. rigmaster2005 just bought a new aio cpu cooler and posted a picture of it in the #ghost_general thread.

Exactly. I only check ghost_polls and ghost_annoucements now and then, to hopefully not miss anything important. The other channels are just crammed with time wasting chatterfests.

Reactions: edrenmarc

blindphleb

Average Stuffer
Feb 7, 2018
I love the project and have been watching it's development since the first kickstarter. I'm excited about the noctua news, even more so because of the work you did in testing different heatsinks. Have you also done this for the graphics cards you've tested? I'd like to know how loud the EVGA 1080ti ftw3 gets in this case, or if there is another more quiet 1080ti to use. I suppose I could just look at card reviews, but getting temp and noise levels while its in the case I plan on putting it in would be better.

Thanks for all of your hard work!

Eiberdue

What's an ITX?
Feb 7, 2018
We were thinking of allowing for this as well but couldn't really see an application for it, the reason they are on top is to be able to mount a water cooler there and not have worm air being pushed up through the case affecting the ambient temp.

What would you put in the bottom? HDDs?

I was actually thinking of using 2 large top hats for a balanced look and exhaust. Then laying is on its side and elevating to maintain airflow. Maybe even mounting it if an aio made too unbalanced in that orientation. Of corse if you cooled cpu and gpu with an aio, some feet could be fashioned to it. Either way, with this setup 2 tops would be needed to keep a uniform look.

Jonny727272

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 26, 2017
I haven't seen anyone asking this and sorry if I missed it, but are there any tests done with using an AIO CPU cooler and comparing it with the regular top grill vs the vented glass top? I want to use an AIO and think it may look nice to use RGB fans and show them off with the glass top.

NADRIGOL

Caliper Novice
Sep 25, 2017
I haven't seen anyone asking this and sorry if I missed it, but are there any tests done with using an AIO CPU cooler and comparing it with the regular top grill vs the vented glass top? I want to use an AIO and think it may look nice to use RGB fans and show them off with the glass top.

I assume you're referencing the watercooled build they have shown off when mentioning the glass top. That piece was custom. There are currently no plans I have seen to make a vented glass top, although I think it's an interesting idea and could be floated in the slack add-ons channel. They have talked about vented and non-vented glass side panels.

Jonny727272

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 26, 2017
I assume you're referencing the watercooled build they have shown off when mentioning the glass top. That piece was custom. There are currently no plans I have seen to make a vented glass top, although I think it's an interesting idea and could be floated in the slack add-ons channel. They have talked about vented and non-vented glass side panels.

Nope, I said AIO. A custom loop is a whole other beast that I don't feel comfortable doing. I'd be using an NZXT or Fractal AIO. I don't use the slack channel or slack at all for that matter.

NADRIGOL

Caliper Novice
Sep 25, 2017
Nope, I said AIO. A custom loop is a whole other beast that I don't feel comfortable doing. I'd be using an NZXT or Fractal AIO. I don't use the slack channel or slack at all for that matter.
Ah. I completely forgot there was a vented glass grill on the addons list. My mistake. I beleive that part is purely conceptual at this point. Haven't seen any irl prototypes. So no testing could have been done.

MiniMe

Trash Compacter
Nov 25, 2017
At what point are we going to be asked which colour we'd prefer? I'm wanting the Arctic white and as February pushes onward I'm yet to receive an email of such detailing where to send payment for the White colour (apologies if it's been discussed I had to leave Slack as it was taking me forever to scroll through the never-ending random discussion)

NADRIGOL

Caliper Novice
Sep 25, 2017
At what point are we going to be asked which colour we'd prefer? I'm wanting the Arctic white and as February pushes onward I'm yet to receive an email of such detailing where to send payment for the White colour (apologies if it's been discussed I had to leave Slack as it was taking me forever to scroll through the never-ending random discussion)

I would head back over to the slack. Just only watch the announcements channel and stear clear of random and general if the chatter bothers you. The most recent announcement (also went out as an email) made mention of the white model.

TommyKnuckles

Cable Smoosher
Feb 12, 2018
I know you guys probably get asked this a ton but... How do I get in on the first batch? And how much is it in USD?

First sff build and I'm super set on the louqe, the case just looks incredible, and with all that modularity mmmm

I wanna get in on this too!

Sad I missed the Kickstarter

Reactions: B14CKB1RD

zacobin

Trash Compacter
Oct 31, 2017
I know you guys probably get asked this a ton but... How do I get in on the first batch? And how much is it in USD?

First sff build and I'm super set on the louqe, the case just looks incredible, and with all that modularity mmmm

I wanna get in on this too!

Sad I missed the Kickstarter

On their website you can do a "slacker backer" option and get one after the Kickstarter stock gets sent out. It's toward the bottom of the page and it's €199 or ~$250 plus shipping. Plus any tophats you may want