Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

B14CKB1RD

Average Stuffer
Dec 7, 2017
The SFX-L 600W is very silent and has a 120mm high-quality fluid-dynamic fan that helps the airflow, SF600 is noisy and has a smaller fan.
They say that the Ghost S1 will provide space for a 15mm fan under a SFX-L PSU, so...

I would choose the BeQuiet too!

I dare to differ. It is quiet is what they stand for, but I wouldn't pick it over Corsair. As you can see in this review FDB fan has only one gasket thus the pretty low 3 year warranty, which is ridiculous in SFF department. In performance when compared to Corsair its a bad pick. Its not that cheap either so if they wanna be more competitive they should lower the price. For example my max draw is around 270W so my SF600 never spins like I can't remember the last time it did, only during Prime testing. So nevermind the fan size my choice for Ghost will always be the smaller Corsair SF.

Also its worth mentioning new EVGA G3s model, hopefully a better contender to now aging Corsair SF series. Lets see.

wesbl

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 9, 2017
I dare to differ. It is quiet is what they stand for, but I wouldn't pick it over Corsair. As you can see in this review FDB fan has only one gasket thus the pretty low 3 year warranty, which is ridiculous in SFF department. In performance when compared to Corsair its a bad pick. Its not that cheap either so if they wanna be more competitive they should lower the price. For example my max draw is around 270W so my SF600 never spins like I can't remember the last time it did, only during Prime testing. So nevermind the fan size my choice for Ghost will always be the smaller Corsair SF.

Also its worth mentioning new EVGA G3s model, hopefully a better contender to now aging Corsair SF series. Lets see.

You are right, but in a case like Ghost S1 I would prefer an always spinning silent fan that improves the airflow.
3 year warranty is ridiculous, I agree...

Reactions: Biowarejak

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017

I have been waiting for that G3s since last summer, still no sign of it. It is also made by Super Flower so quality should be very high.

Flyingpepper

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 8, 2018
The SFX-L 600W is very silent and has a 120mm high-quality fluid-dynamic fan that helps the airflow, SF600 is noisy and has a smaller fan.
They say that the Ghost S1 will provide space for a 15mm fan under a SFX-L PSU, so...

I would choose the BeQuiet too!

All the SF600 and SX650-G reviews / videos seem like both are pretty quiet. SFX-L is not worth the lack of room in an already cramped case, IMO. Sure, you can still put a 15mm fans below it but I’d like the extra air flow and cable room.

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
Do you think the ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti AMP Edition would fit in the case with a small top hat? Its dimensions are 300 x 148 x 43.5mm (11.81 x 5.83 x 1.71in). Asking because EVGA graphics cards aren't available in my country. Planning to put it in my current system then transfer to the Louqe once I have it.
From the measurements of it, it look promising. But like all GPUs that are close to the limit we won't know for sure until we have tested them. We will do another GPU test run together with a Scandinavian retailer as soon as we get the new samples and will try to include that ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti AMP Edition as well!

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
Hmmm... Kickstarter experimented with a "no-go al" campaign option for a time, but it appears that has since disappeared from their platform. So I see a couple ways to do it.

If you wanted to stick with kickstarter, just run a second campaign with a very low goal. Make it clear in the risks section that the previous campaign covered the baseline cost of RND and Tooling, and that this campaign is simply to increase order volume, and is therfore very low risk.

Alternatively, since Kickstarter takes quite the cut of your funding, and you already have the word of mouth and visibility from your first successful campaign, you could move away from kickstarter.

Less popular platforms like Indiegogo take a smaller cut, but are less reputable (I've backed nearly a hundred kickstarter campaigns and none on Indiegogo. All the Indiegogo campaigns I considered backing fell through or came out with major deficiencies).

You could also take pre orders yourselves directly. Set up some sort of e-commerce on your website. Paypal is an option. Many web design companies (e.g. squarespace or wix) have built in e-commerce options. You really just need any method of getting money in advance for the product, to cover your huge first round manufacturing costs.

Regardless, as pointed out by first round backers, make sure the "slacker" discount isn't as good as the first kickstarter discount was. And make it clear we're second tier on the delivery timeline.

The one complicated bit would be: you want to take more pre-orders to increase your manufacturing piece counts to reduce per piece costs. But a larger piece count order will likely take longer to fulfil. So you do run the risk of pushing back the delivery date for your kickstarter backers by taking additional orders. You'd have to talk to your manufacturer about how much impact to expect. As a backer of many many kickstarter campaigns, I would find this acceptable. We back campaigns to support designers in getting off the ground. A small delay to allow you to get a stronger start is par for the course. But many backers don't understand the platform as such, and view it as a straight product purchase (a problem I could see you've experienced both sides of in your VAT FAQ). If there will be manufacturing delays, be very transparent with your first round backers on that front.

Good luck!

So we have set up a e-commerce solution on the website that will be launched shortly, we still have room to meat the MOQs for the first batch, which we would cover from our own pockets but this way we will be able to put that capital to better use, add-ons etc.

We have discussed this with backers and no one has protested and see the benefits. The discount would be smaller and we would ship to current backers first. Thoughts?

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
Just letting you guys know you have yet another person late to the party willing to be a slacker backer.

Looking to buy a black ghost, any word on when orders will be taken for ppl who didn't catch the Kickstarter?

As mentioned, make sure to sign up for the newsletter to get the "slacker backer" info first, it will be limited and we have received more requests already than we will have cases to offer, might get sold out - who knows?

B14CKB1RD

Average Stuffer
Dec 7, 2017
We have discussed this with backers and no one has protested and see the benefits. The discount would be smaller and we would ship to current backers first. Thoughts?

Looking from the eyes of your new backers, you should just offer the same standard KS Ghost deal price. I think it was like 1890 SEK for Ghost XS and 2190 SEK for Ghost S/M/L. Core backers shouldn't mind as they get nohting out of it, especially those who managed to grab Super and Early Bird Special deals. Of course as long as you ship to them first. This way it is more like virgin batch priced which in the end it is, and you still get enough to fill your current MOQ. Maybe later I recommend to raise the price as this will be another batch another order. :)

I understand why it would be less of a discount, but it is definitely a bummer since a lot of us only found out about the case once the Kickstarter ended through D2D. Also, not sure which e-commerce you’re using but I imagine but it won’t be taking an additional 5% cut on top off normal 3% payment processing like Kickstarter. ;)

Agreed!

MiniMe

Trash Compacter
Nov 25, 2017
Any thoughts to the SilverStone Strider Titanium ST80F-TI PSU? SFX-L. Seems perfect for my 7980XE and 1080Ti build in the ghost no?

3vilgenius

Chassis Packer
Jan 4, 2018
So we have set up a e-commerce solution on the website that will be launched shortly, we still have room to meat the MOQs for the first batch, which we would cover from our own pockets but this way we will be able to put that capital to better use, add-ons etc.

I am biased since I'm not an OG backer but I think its unfair that slackers backers should be given less of a discount, especially since many of us didn't know about the case until it was too late (by only 5 hours in my case :/ ). My reasoning is that ultimately we're all still supporting a product before it has even reached the market and we would have backed the kickstarter if we had known. PLUS the Kickstarter that you guys held still had multiple backer rewards that didn't reach their respective backer limit. I'm a newbie to SFF forums and so I had no way of learning about this product before hand. Giving us the same discount as the backer options whose limit wasn't reached in no way detracts from the those who already knew about all this and backed the Mrk II campaign.

I have no issues with the OG backers receiving shipments first of course.

*Edit* Also, how will color selection be handled? The same as the kickstarter where we will be emailed at a later date and asked what color we want?

*Edit 2* After the slacker backer deal is there a way for you guys take another look at the add-on survey results including the input from the slacker backers? I would assume once we back our opinions will carry a little more weight and could potentially change the priority of certain add-ons.

Last edited:

NADRIGOL

Caliper Novice
Sep 25, 2017

You just gave the wrong product code. It's the SX800-LTI. I've been using one in an SG13 build I did in the summer. Other than the fact that my first unit was DOA, it's been fantastic. Very quiet as it doesn't spin up the fan at idle, and the 120 fan has a great curve after that. A 1080 ti build will draw peak wattage right at the peak efficiency of this unit, so that's my justification for this unit. I also plan on using it in my Louqe build.

Leo

Chassis Packer
Dec 1, 2017
Shameless reposting for more backers! Want to make sure the core crowd knows if they missed the KS.

Qouted from Newsletter

"SLACKER BACKER"
AVAILABLE SOON

Dear friends and fans!

We have been getting hundreds of requests to jump on the “Ghost-train” since the Kickstarter campaign ended. We have discussed the possibility to do a “slacker backer” run, to allow more of you into the very first batch of Ghosts and be among the first in the world to enjoy the Ghost. We will treat you as “backers”, ambassadors, and advisors. This means that we are hoping for your engagement to help us make a real difference in the market. Many other projects, add-ons, graphene cooler and material alternatives will be bounced off of you within the next couple of months. So, if you want like joining this core backer group and support the LOUQE-community we invite you to hop on! We will have a limited number of units (600) available for pre-order on our homepage, starting 2018-01-14 19:00 CET

Prices will start at €199 for the XS model and €39 for TopHats. If you are an original backer or simply fell out from the last Kickstarter campaign for any reason and deserve a better price, let us know and we will send you a personal voucher.

Cheers // TEAM LOUQE

wesbl

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 9, 2017
All the SF600 and SX650-G reviews / videos seem like both are pretty quiet. SFX-L is not worth the lack of room in an already cramped case, IMO. Sure, you can still put a 15mm fans below it but I’d like the extra air flow and cable room.

I think SFX-L with bigger fan would help to move up hot air, and If I'm not wrong, the corsairs don't move the fan based on heat but on power consumption.

I don't know how could help the bottom fan in every scenario (SFX, SFX-L).

Last edited:

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017

What's shipping gonna be like because the case will cost me $300 Canadian off the bat

Last edited:

k0sTi

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jan 4, 2018
cool! I'd love to jump on the slacker backer wagon (i'd buy it even sooner but unfortunately discovered the case after the kickstarter ended :/ )
hope the shipping costs to EU will not give me a heart attack!

P.S., any discount for 'Regular Ordinary Swedish Time' fans? :D

Last edited:
Reactions: PaChalski