Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

PseudoShark

Cable Smoosher
Oct 4, 2017
Had a friend back this for me. I was told that KS said the amount is around $270 for the Early Bird Special(S/M/L). Should I expect any additional cost on top of that? It will be shipped to the US.

slimjim

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 5, 2017
Yes, it seems the Corsair LPX are too tall to fit the Noctua 15 mm thick 120 mm fan on the underside of the NH-L12 heatsink. So, I started looking for some very low profile (VLP) DDR4. Crucial made some VLP DDR3, but all of their VLP DDR4 is ECC.

Talk to @ceski, he knows the rundown on super low pro ram, he even got ecc to work with a ryzen setup too IIRC

EDIT: Found the post where ceski talks about the RAM -
https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/nfc-systems-s4-mini.96/page-215#post-69668

Last edited:
Reactions: johnny4eyes

edrenmarc

Trash Compacter
Sep 28, 2017
@PaChalski Not sure if this was answered, but is a brushed/unfinished aluminum color option available for the top grill cover? I know it was brought up but not necessarily given a final decision.

Reactions: Biowarejak

odeniz

Caliper Novice
Jun 16, 2017
Just suggestion, i bought asus z370-i motherboard, its only supports usb 3.1 gen 2 with i/o front panel connector, there is no gen 2 on back panel. So you can leave a hole in the rear panel for future improvements. If can be same size with the next gen top grills i/o hole, some users can plug i/o card to top panel some plug in to rear panel for more clean look. This hole may be useful to those who make the mod.

Last edited:

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
Just suggestion, i bought asus z370-i motherboard, its only supports usb 3.1 gen 2 with i/o front panel connector, there is no gen 2 on back panel. So you can leave a hole in the rear panel for future improvements. If can be same size of the next gen top grills i/o hole, some users plug in i/o card to the top panel some plug in to rear panel for more clean look. This hole may be useful to those who make the mod.

This is a brilliant idea! It could also be used for external radiators!!! Will add to the update list

HooglyBoogly

Trash Compacter
Apr 19, 2016
Just suggestion, i bought asus z370-i motherboard, its only supports usb 3.1 gen 2 with i/o front panel connector, there is no gen 2 on back panel. So you can leave a hole in the rear panel for future improvements. If can be same size of the next gen top grills i/o hole, some users plug in i/o card to the top panel some plug in to rear panel for more clean look. This hole may be useful to those who make the mod.

Yes, this is a great idea! Who needs the connectors in the front anyway for such a small case! We can just 3D print the plate to fit the connectors we want to have.

Leo

Chassis Packer
Dec 1, 2017
Just suggestion, i bought asus z370-i motherboard, its only supports usb 3.1 gen 2 with i/o front panel connector, there is no gen 2 on back panel. So you can leave a hole in the rear panel for future improvements. If can be same size with the next gen top grills i/o hole, some users can plug i/o card to top panel some plug in to rear panel for more clean look. This hole may be useful to those who make the mod.

Yes.

Reactions: htko89

Megaden44

Average Stuffer
May 25, 2017

could also be used for folks who want external resevoirs, what an awesome idea

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
@PaChalski Not sure if this was answered, but is a brushed/unfinished aluminum color option available for the top grill cover? I know it was brought up but not necessarily given a final decision.

We are discussing MOQs and color options with suppliers right now in order to provide a more diverse line up. We will discuss it during the live stream on Sunday DEC 10:th 21:00 CET and provide updated information regarding this after the live stream. We fell in love with the stainless steel grill on top of the Limestone finish that was presented on DreamHack, so we are a bit torn and will need a debate to solve this. Also looking at adding a third finish all together.

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
We are discussing MOQs and color options with suppliers right now in order to provide a more diverse line up. We will discuss it during the live stream on Sunday DEC 10:th 21:00 CET and provide updated information regarding this after the live stream. We fell in love with the stainless steel grill on top of the Limestone finish that was presented on DreamHack, so we are a bit torn and will need a debate to solve this. Also looking at adding a third finish all together.

If the chassis is Limestone or Arctic White, I would prefer a (contrasting) black top...

If the chassis is Ash Grey, I would prefer a (matching) Ash Grey top...

Ragtag color does not matter, I will probably cut that off...

edrenmarc

Trash Compacter
Sep 28, 2017

Looking forward to the livestream. This is great news. Will photos of that case from dreamhack be added to the Kickstarter or Louqe website?

I’m sure there are several if not many who want the lighter case without the contrast, but allowing the option to have different top grill colors will be a plus for everyone. So those who still want the contrast can still get the limestone/ash and those who don’t can go with the unfinished grill. I mean, what consumer can hate on more options?

Reactions: Biowarejak

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
Looking forward to the livestream. This is great news. Will photos of that case from dreamhack be added to the Kickstarter or Louqe website?

I’m sure there are several if not many who want the lighter case without the contrast, but allowing the option to have different top grill colors will be a plus for everyone. So those who still want the contrast can still get the limestone/ash and those who don’t can go with the unfinished grill. I mean, what consumer can hate on more options?

We will discuss the colors during the live stream to clarify better, potentially adding another very sought after option in the mix!