Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
Can't see Jay saying he's going to make a water-cooling build and just have it be two AIO's, not his style, and it's not even remotely a challenge to put two AIO's if you have a top and bottom L hats. I hope he gets a production model soon and see what he does with it. Like @Bru said, there's space just have to be creative about it.

Hopefully the guys at Louqe provide us backers with a 3d model we can use to retrofit parts and loop designs. I have designed a custom res w/ embedded D5 pump waterblock for the Hex Gear R80, and would like to see if I could do the same here. Need some sort of an LOD model first.

We will release this (to backers first) after te campaign.

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
Does anyone know if the top can be permanently affixed? I like magnets and all but in a bag or backpack scenario I would not want it coming off. Sorry if this has already been asked, I went through most of this tread and did not catch it.

From what I can see on the air and liquid build videos, the hats and bottom plate have screw mounts to the spine.

Hope that's helpful.

Yes, the TopHats are screwed to the spine.

MiniMe

Trash Compacter
Nov 25, 2017
Yes, the aluminium top of the button looks like a hat ad will come off when IO is removed.

The strap is leather!

Great, possibility of getting a brown/tan leather strap? Would go well with both colour ways and gives a much more classy / premium feel imo.

Reactions: vwr

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
Super Early (french) bird special 14 here. I didn't buy a new case since 2008 (a Fractal). I think this project is a great new adventure in terms of industrial design.
- A question for the Louqe Team : do you think we will see a hat where you can attached an internal sd card reader?
- Guys, what king of external USB Hub do you have in mind if you have this case?

- DS card reader is unlikely.
- We are planning on offering a TopHat with IOs, HDMI, and USBs. If you mean what we would use currently the answer is a keyboard or a monitor with built in USBs

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
Backed this.

Do you have plans to make protruding side panels to allow the use of taller low profile coolers or wider GPUs, that could be purchased seperately?
The problem with slide in side panels is that you protrusion won't add any clearance.

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
Great, possibility of getting a brown/tan leather strap? Would go well with both colour ways and gives a much more classy / premium feel imo.
Limestone will come with a tan leather strap, Ash with black.

Reactions: vwr

johnny4eyes

Caliper Novice
Oct 18, 2017
For you Ghost S1 peeps, either of these fan configurations with the Noctua L12 worked out great with my Lone L4:

The top photo uses standard height memory (without heatspreaders) and the bottom is VLP memory.

Awesome! Completely forgot about height differences from the top of the CPU and bottom of the ram slot! I was scratching my head for a bit wondering...how?

Rookie mistake on my part. Shameful XD

itzfx

Chassis Packer
Nov 13, 2017
We will release this (to backers first) after te campaign.

Fantastic! can't wait.. will be more than enough time to design the interior layout and produce the custom waterblock between the end of the campaign and by the time cases start shipping out. Cheers Patrik!

Jonny727272

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 26, 2017
So I'm a bit confused. On the Kickster it says

• USB-ports have been removed from the XS model for an ultra-clean look

Does this mean there is a version that will have front USB ports? I never realized how much I miss them until I got my current case.

Reactions: Biowarejak

johnny4eyes

Caliper Novice
Oct 18, 2017
I think the main Ghost S1 with no hat is considered a size xs, with the small hat its considered small, and etc etc.

If I recall it was taken off for a cleaner look and will be implemented into a hat design later?

[Edit] it was right above us lol.

- DS card reader is unlikely.
- We are planning on offering a TopHat with IOs, HDMI, and USBs. If you mean what we would use currently the answer is a keyboard or a monitor with built in USBs

Last edited:

SeeFiFo

Average Stuffer
May 14, 2017
Not sure if there is a "right way", Jonas at Sweclockers (now with English subtitles) prononcerad it one way which could have been the decision maker but Jay did another. We say LOKE, but I guess there is no right way. we will see in the coming reviews if someone starts following suite =)

The Nordic natural pronounciation of "LOUQE" would be the same as "LOKE" (a norse god), sounding something like "LOO-KEH" in English (or instead of "KEH", think "QUE" as it's pronounced in Spanish).

I tend to misspell it as "LOQUE" though, and I guess I'm not the only one, so I'd say the spelling is a bit unfortunate (as in hard to remember). :)

Reactions: Biowarejak