Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

itzfx

Chassis Packer
Nov 13, 2017
Can't wait for him to custom watercool it, he's actually planning to do exactly what I want to do, with regards to a top and bottom L hat configuration. Pump and res mounting will be the biggest challenge, really excited.

Googoo

Minimal Tinkerer
Nov 17, 2017
Can't wait for him to custom watercool it, he's actually planning to do exactly what I want to do, with regards to a top and bottom L hat configuration. Pump and res mounting will be the biggest challenge, really excited.
i think him use pump and waterblock combo like fractal design celsius.
fitting individual pump and res in ghost is impossible except dual L hat on top and bottom..

htko89

Trash Compacter
Nov 22, 2017
did not expect the case to be $320 cad. **** me

Its pretty pricey. For comparison the NCASE M1 is like 200$~ USD before shipping. I backed it anyway, since I like these cases.

In regards to water cooling - I done it on the NCASE. The temps you'll get from a 240 RAD + 88W TDP CPU + 1080 GTX is like 70-80c on load with fans on max. Not really worth it unless you're doing it for your hobby. It's most likely they will go the same route, due to size restriction.

Last edited:
Reactions: PaChalski

htko89

Trash Compacter
Nov 22, 2017
Yeah but it's ~200 USD, which is about the going rate for medium-scale production cases on this forum :)

It's a bit closer to $250-270, but including shipping (which for the NCASE at least was $20 USD). Get ready to get hit by Canadian customs - I paid like $40 bucks on that case.

Reactions: Biowarejak

htko89

Trash Compacter
Nov 22, 2017

With the motherboard opposite of the GPU, there really isn't any space for a res. If they do fit a res in it, the function of it is only for "easier" filling, marginal benefit at best due to its size. The pump will likely be CPU mounted like a Swift Apogee II, because unless he is putting on two TopHats, there is only room for the RAD + FANS in one tophat.

htko89

Trash Compacter
Nov 22, 2017
PaChalski said:
I was wondering though, what is the difference in terms of the (M) pack and the (XS) pack - I see that the M includes a tophat, but the campaign mentions that there is no front USB on the (XS). Does this mean it is present on the (M) ? I don't really need it but I backed the (M), is there an option to hide or remove the ports?

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
I was wondering though, what is the difference in terms of the (M) pack and the (XS) pack - I see that the M includes a tophat, but the campaign mentions that there is no front USB on the (XS). Does this mean it is present on the (M) ? I don't really need it but I backed the (M), is there an option to hide or remove the ports?

There are no ports at this time, there may be TopHats with an option for assorted ports in the future...

Megaden44

Average Stuffer
May 25, 2017
Last minute questions before I buy:

1. Have you gotten your results on temperature delta with different feet height?

2. Could you do a video of the limestone, showing it in different light levels etc.?

3. What is the max graphics card height (I have a Zotac mini would that interfere/would screws in the top make it work)?

4. Are glass/acrylic side panels still going to happen? A non airflow optimized panel would look really good for water cooling.

5. As a company I understand you are going to make new cases down the road, do you plan to have an online shop for accessories in the future along with these cases?

6. You said at one point removing the VAT for people outside of the (EU?) was too difficult a process, but then someone linked to a kickstarter that did refund VAT, it would be really awesome if you could do the same, although I understand if the process has changed since then.

Thanks

Last edited:

oreg

Chassis Packer
Nov 27, 2017
#32 :D
In an earlier post I read that porduction will start as soon as the kickstarter minimum is reached, is this still the case? April still sounds too far away yet

Reactions: onaboringnight

Bru

Minimal Tinkerer
Nov 26, 2017
There is plenty of room for a pump and res with a graphics card that isn't the size of the Empire State Building lying sideways. You even have room in the tophat with a rad slid all the way back. There is a good sized gap there and should be able to fit a small pump in. This is without measurements of course so we will have to see what Jay ends up doing.