Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

Nasp

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 17, 2017
There is plenty of room for a pump and res with a graphics card that isn't the size of the Empire State Building lying sideways. You even have room in the tophat with a rad slid all the way back. There is a good sized gap there and should be able to fit a small pump in. This is without measurements of course so we will have to see what Jay ends up doing.

Sounded to me like Jay is going to do two AIOs instead of a custom watercooled loop. I hope I'm wrong though. I would love some ideas on how to fit a custom watercooled loop inside this case.

Mrvonwyl

Cable Smoosher
Nov 8, 2017
Backed it earlier on kickstarter today :)
What an awesome and versatile case, well done Louqe?
Shipping is a bit pricey though and swiss customs probably are going to want another 50-60 bucks.
But anyway it will be worth it...

BTW: how do you pronounce Louqe the right way?

Reactions: odeniz and ZombiPL

elliot_alderson

Chassis Packer
Nov 30, 2017
I believe the CPU cooler is a Noctua NH-L12. Given the design and size of the heatsink and the location of the CPU socket and other motherboard components, it may not be possible to rotate the heatsink 90 degrees.

BTW the NH-L12 is discontinued. Its height without a fan on top of the heatsink is 66 mm. The NH-L12S is the replacement model, but it's taller at 70 mm which is too tall for the Ghost S1. So get the NH-L12 while you can. I would try replacing the 92 mm NF-B9 PWM fan that comes with it with the Noctua's new slim NF-A12x15 PWM 120 mm model.

Do you think there is any chance that they will increase the width 4mm to allow for the new noctua cooler? Otherwise, would there be enough ram clearance to run a slim NF-A12x15 PWM with it?
These pictures below don't give me a lot of confidence.. would probably have to go for naked PCB ram?

Last edited:

itzfx

Chassis Packer
Nov 13, 2017
Sounded to me like Jay is going to do two AIOs instead of a custom watercooled loop. I hope I'm wrong though. I would love some ideas on how to fit a custom watercooled loop inside this case.

Can't see Jay saying he's going to make a water-cooling build and just have it be two AIO's, not his style, and it's not even remotely a challenge to put two AIO's if you have a top and bottom L hats. I hope he gets a production model soon and see what he does with it. Like @Bru said, there's space just have to be creative about it.

Hopefully the guys at Louqe provide us backers with a 3d model we can use to retrofit parts and loop designs. I have designed a custom res w/ embedded D5 pump waterblock for the Hex Gear R80, and would like to see if I could do the same here. Need some sort of an LOD model first.

Reactions: Nasp

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
LOL! It was impossible when I had it in cart and when pledge it was gone. By the way I was curious if it's shipped outside europe it is less 25% of the tax right?

Anyone can enlighten me?

All shipping outside EU do NOT include VAT and have been calculated without VAT in the KS-platform.

Guys, sorry for not answering all your questions here today, We are in Jönköping, preparing for the DreamHack 3 day event! will try to follow up on your posts tomorrow.

Reactions: SeeFiFo

johnny4eyes

Caliper Novice
Oct 18, 2017
Do you think there is any chance that they will increase the width 4mm to allow for the new noctua cooler? Otherwise, would there be enough ram clearance to run a slim NF-A12x15 PWM with it?
These pictures below don't give me a lot of confidence.. would probably have to go for naked PCB ram?

I want to say you MIGHT get away with Vengeance LPX (31mm height according to Google) if you use a scythe slip stream 120x12mm fan. I can't find the height on a naked stick though. Based on what I see about the L12, there's 43mm clearance under the fins, subtract 12mm for the fan...you get 31 on the dot. Though I'd say it may or may not be close for comfort and fan "magic" for lack of a better word generally happens at the tips so you may lose some cooling efficiency by actually increasing the size? Maybe?

Reactions: SeeFiFo

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
Do you think the new EK 240 would fit?

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/media/wysiwyg/EK-XLC_Predator_240_radiator_dimensions_webshop800px_1.jpg

It shows 68mm tall and the large hat is a 57.

BUT tack on another hat and you might have yourself a winner? As long as you fit in the footprint...stack to your heart's content!

Will not fit, even if you stack TopHats...

Where it is wide enough, it is too short; and where it is long enough, it is too narrow...

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Good stuff getting JayzTwoCents to have a sneak peek at your case. It's sure to get many of his viewers to pledge for the Kickstarter, even though Jayz himself is not really an SFF guy. His cases are measured in kegs :p

johnny4eyes

Caliper Novice
Oct 18, 2017
Will not fit, even if you stack TopHats...

Where it is wide enough, it is too short; and where it is long enough, it is too narrow...

I stand corrected than as I mainly follow air coolers.

But in that note, anyone have any opinions on Dan's cooler at 48mm with another fan on top?

Is 63mm cutting it close in terms of turbulence?

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
I stand corrected than as I mainly follow air coolers.

But in that note, anyone have any opinions on Dan's cooler at 48mm with another fan on top?

Is 63mm cutting it close in terms of turbulence?

Would not be sure about the amount of turbulence noise you might get from 3mm; but, if you sourced some ultra low proflie DIMMs from Innodisk, you could do a push / pull with two Noctua slim 120mm fans on the Dan heat sink...

Reactions: johnny4eyes

johnny4eyes

Caliper Novice
Oct 18, 2017
Would not be sure about the amount of turbulence noise you might get from 3mm; but, if you sourced some ultra low proflie DIMMs from Innodisk, you could do a push / pull with two Noctua slim 120mm fans on the Dan heat sink...

That's the idea! I am curious how bad the L9x65 turbulent noise was during the first round of cooler testing.

WhatsHisName

Minimal Tinkerer
Jul 29, 2017
Does anyone know if the top can be permanently affixed? I like magnets and all but in a bag or backpack scenario I would not want it coming off. Sorry if this has already been asked, I went through most of this tread and did not catch it.

johnny4eyes

Caliper Novice
Oct 18, 2017
From what I can see on the air and liquid build videos, the hats and bottom plate have screw mounts to the spine.

Hope that's helpful.

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
Does anyone know if the top can be permanently affixed? I like magnets and all but in a bag or backpack scenario I would not want it coming off. Sorry if this has already been asked, I went through most of this tread and did not catch it.

From what I can see on the air and liquid build videos, the hats and bottom plate have screw mounts to the spine.

Hope that's helpful.

Yes, there are screws to affix the bottom plates and the hats to the core, the magnets are there to keep the hats aligned while you secure them...

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
I want to say you MIGHT get away with Vengeance LPX (31mm height according to Google) if you use a scythe slip stream 120x12mm fan. I can't find the height on a naked stick though. Based on what I see about the L12, there's 43mm clearance under the fins, subtract 12mm for the fan...you get 31 on the dot. Though I'd say it may or may not be close for comfort and fan "magic" for lack of a better word generally happens at the tips so you may lose some cooling efficiency by actually increasing the size? Maybe?

Yes, it seems the Corsair LPX are too tall to fit the Noctua 15 mm thick 120 mm fan on the underside of the NH-L12 heatsink. So, I started looking for some very low profile (VLP) DDR4. Crucial made some VLP DDR3, but all of their VLP DDR4 is ECC.

I hadn't heard of Innodisk before. On their website I found that they make Non-ECC VLP DDR4 that is only 0.738 inches / 18.7 mm tall in 4 GB, 8 GB, and 16 GB modules at speeds up to 2666 MHz . At this height a 25 mm thick fan is ever so slightly too thick, but 20 mm and 15 mm thick fans would fit on the underside of the NH-L12.