Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
Do you have pics of the inside of the grey one?

Here are some more images of the Silver case, inside an all. We brought in the softboxes this time to give the shots better light. The Mac is NOT mine!

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Woah, what threaded inserts are those? Loving the finish on them (and the case!) :)

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
@Necere would using threads like this help with some of the reports of screws stripping in the Ncase M1?

*Sorry to hijack the thread*
Heli-coils are good for thicker (>5mm) materials like the machined extrusions used here, but for sheet metal cases they won't work. There are other types of threaded inserts that can be used in thin sheet, however, and there are some already in the M1. But they can't be used everywhere.

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
I know this has been discussed before, but what is the status of 'bottom hats' for the big kickstarter re-release?

Edit: also another topic that's come up before - are kickstarted units serialised?

The TopHats should probably be rebranded to "Hats", because they are now interchangeable between top and bottom. This was one of the updates from the last prototype that we managed to squeez in. There are discussions in other channels of many very interesting combos: push pull, AOI in bottom or top, separating rad and fans and use 2 M-TopHats (one on both ends)

We have promised to test some of these to help people decide how many THs to buy, but they will be available separately after the campaign and before delivery as well so don't stress too much over this question.

Serialised, does that mean if the cases will have an individual serial number - then yes.

fleetfeather

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 20, 2017
The TopHats should probably be rebranded to "Hats", because they are now interchangeable between top and bottom. This was one of the updates from the last prototype that we managed to squeez in. There are discussions in other channels of many very interesting combos: push pull, AOI in bottom or top, separating rad and fans and use 2 M-TopHats (one on both ends)

We have promised to test some of these to help people decide how many THs to buy, but they will be available separately after the campaign and before delivery as well so don't stress too much over this question.

Serialised, does that mean if the cases will have an individual serial number - then yes.

Thanks for the reply - got all the answers I was hoping for :) Personally, I was planning on purchasing an additional L hat to try cram two 240mm radiators inside (one on the top, and one on the bottom), so hopefully I can get that to work without crazy tube routing. And yep, that's what I was referring to regarding serial numbers.

Exciting times for your team and for the SFF community!!

gomza9

Efficiency Noob
Nov 17, 2017
The case looks very nice. I love it, but isn't there any front IO panel? It could be a big week point. Whenever I need to access USB port, If i need to get to back of the case, It will be stressful. Why is it disappered?

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
The case looks very nice. I love it, but isn't there any front IO panel? It could be a big week point. Whenever I need to access USB port, If i need to get to back of the case, It will be stressful. Why is it disappered?

There will be TopHats developed with IO panel, choose to have it pointing forward or backward. There are many reasons (discussed before) one important one is that it gives you the flexibility to choose between an ultra clean front or IO panel.

HooglyBoogly

Trash Compacter
Apr 19, 2016
There will be TopHats developed with IO panel, choose to have it pointing forward or backward. There are many reasons (discussed before) one important one is that it gives you the flexibility to choose between an ultra clean front or IO panel.
Will these be available on the kickstarter?

Reactions: Biowarejak

trail582

Cable Smoosher
Nov 18, 2017
Currently no, but we have received the certification and spec from them to implement it. Should we? Will not affect the price much at all, only creating a cavity in the case straight through - could of course be solved with a piece of duck tape ;)

Hi, yes, a hole to lock the case is important.

Consider an entry build with gtx1060 and ghost s1, the total price of the computer can easily go above USD 1000.
I don't consider my place is in a safe area, so adding a lock would give me a peace of mind.

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
Will these be available on the kickstarter?

A successful Kickstarter will show us that it i possible to challenge this market for real and use different manufacturing technologies then 95% of the market uses today (2 Chinese factories make the majority of the western worlds cases today). If this happens we will do a seed round and bring in some external VC, ramp up the team and further commit to our ambition to challenge the expectations in the market. This would mean that we would start executing the many project we have in the pipeline and start distribution through different channels, not KS again since it is rather expensive and forces everyone to pay Swedish VAT which is not beneficial to anyone but Swedish social security.

In short, side panels with tempered galas, ODD TopHats, IO TopHats etc will be will be available for purchase through retailers and there will likely be a Ghost version down the line that comes with them right away.