Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Is that the reviewers build or yours? I can only speculate a MSI z370i/8700K/L12, EVGA 1080Ti SC2, and Corsair SF600 which is different from what you published recently in regards to thermal CPU testing. I'm very curious on thermals of that build as I'm sure that's what we all want to build!

Looks like a Z270 Pro Carbon, the rear IO has been slightly redesigned on the Z370. I was really hoping to see results with the L12 and the 8700k.

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
Is there still a spot for a Kensington Lock?
Currently no, but we have received the certification and spec from them to implement it. Should we? Will not affect the price much at all, only creating a cavity in the case straight through - could of course be solved with a piece of duck tape ;)

Reactions: Biowarejak

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
Is that the reviewers build or yours? I can only speculate a MSI z370i/8700K/L12, EVGA 1080Ti SC2, and Corsair SF600 which is different from what you published recently in regards to thermal CPU testing. I'm very curious on thermals of that build as I'm sure that's what we all want to build!

It is our build. Reviewer will pick and choose components independently from us. The main difference with this build compared to the tested is the lack of bottom fan and STRIX card has been swapped for EVGA 1080Ti SC2.

We could do some tests on this badboy as well and publish them if that is of any interest. I guess you'd like us to load both GPU and PSU simultaneously to create a worst case scenario. We have played some CS:GO on it for a couple of hours. During this more entertaining test both CPU and GPU temps stabilized around 55-60 C. We have not set aside a budget for a MB + CPU upgrade yet but before DreamHack we would like to.

Another thing that certainly I was curious about was to test the ti-card with an AIO on top to se how they would affect each other when they are not as separated any more. I guess others would be interested in that as well, something like an L12 vs Kraken test? Kraken impressed on many levels, bot in terms of ease of build (very flexible and smooth pipes) and in termps of performance (dead silent under any load and very frosty), on top you get a pretty sweet looking illuminated Block/pump. I wouldn't be saying this for any other reason then to share my honest opinion but this cooler made me think that WC might actually be the way to go even for someone like me who will place it in the living room. All other AIOs we I have ever tested have had noisy pumps and fans that become noisy after some load time. Back in the day noise didn't bother me, cooling performance was everything, today silent computing is the number one priority to me personally.

Anecdote: In the nineteens I built my own WC system based on Gardena hoses, a home made block and a huge garden fountain pump. Some 10 meters of the hose was simply lying in the snow on the terrace outside my room in my parents apartment (had to use anti freeze in the water), acting as a radiator. It was insanely loud - but who cared when it could be clocked to practically infinity ;)

Right now there is a huge amount of things for us to do so that test will happen when and if time allows. Know that you will be able to purchase the TopHats separately before delivery if you change your config along the way - It is so flexible =)

SeeFiFo

Average Stuffer
May 14, 2017
Another thing that certainly I was curious about was to test the ti-card with an AIO on top to se how they would affect each other when they are not as separated any more. I guess others would be interested in that as well, something like an L12 vs Kraken test?

Is it possible to place the Kraken below the case in a bottom mounted top hat instead? This would avoid heating it from an open air gpu cooler and the case would IMHO also look better this way. :)

Sure, the exhaust from the Kraken would then rise through the entire case, potentially heating all other components, but as far as I know the exhaust air from an AIO is not very hot?

Last edited:
Reactions: PaChalski

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
Is it possible to place the Kraken below the case in a bottom mounted top hat instead? This would avoid heating it from an open air gpu cooler and the case would IMHO also look better this way. :)

Sure, the exhaust from the Kraken would then rise through the entire case, potentially heating all other components, but as far as I know the exhaust air from an AIO is not very hot?

Yes! It would be interesting to campare these two possitions in a more extendive test. So many possibilities, we count on you helping out covering all these different combinations ones you have them in your hands.

But this comparison will be done soon enough by us. Maybe after the 25:th

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015

Yes! It would be interesting to campare these two possitions in a more extendive test. So many possibilities, we count on you helping out covering all these different combinations ones you have them in your hands.

But this comparison will be done soon enough by us. Maybe after the 25:th

I think a really interesting fitment / performance test would be 240mm CPU AIO up top & 120mm GPU AIO (Hybrid style card) down below...

I could see a real market for a M/L sized BottomHat; fitting a 120mm GPU AIO under the PSU, with a 120mm x 25mm chassis fan under the motherboard...

I say M/L for the size because I imagine the AIO & chassis fan tucked up towards the top of the BottomHat (the GPU AIO would protrude up from the BottomHat, tucking into the existing area for a 120mm x 25mm bottom chassis fan), the remaining lower area of the BottomHat would be cut away, forming large intakes along front & sides for air & forming feet at the corners...

Full AIO water cooling (the GPU AIO would be a Hybrid card solution) & improved airflow across motherboard VRMs & chipsets & RAM & M.2 SSDs...

win, Win, WIN...?!?

Nasp

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 17, 2017
Currently no, but we have received the certification and spec from them to implement it. Should we? Will not affect the price much at all, only creating a cavity in the case straight through - could of course be solved with a piece of duck tape ;)

Yes, please! Even if I don't use it, I don't look at the back of my case anyway.

Reactions: PaChalski

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
Here are some photos of the silver model, the idea is to add this color option to the lineup! so it would be Dark grey, silver and white (which would be painted instead of blasted and anodized)

edrenmarc

Trash Compacter
Sep 28, 2017
Would it be possible to get a few pictures of the 3 colored cases next to each other to compare when available or on the Kickstarter page? In good lighting and minus any photo filters. Preferably full view and close up to help distinguish the difference of the painted version.

It’s hard to get a grasp of the true color of the cases with the artsy closeups in dim lighting or with a photo filter on it. Especially the white. But the gray looks nice. Almost has a MacBook kind of finish to it.

Ouroboros

Minimal Tinkerer
Sep 16, 2017
This silver colour looks a lot like Leica's (and old nikon's) titanium special editions. That is the impression I'm getting from your pictures.

D

Deleted member 4779

Beautiful and functional looking case! I hope the KS is a success.

@PaChalski

A quick question or two if I may?

Assuming an M tophat is fitted to the bottom with two intake fans, any idea how the tight clearance at the bottom of the case affect temps? I'm just wondering if it might be better to set it up with two intakes at the bottom in a positive pressure setup as opposed to two exhausts at the top to more effectively "flush" hot air out of the cause. It just seems the clearance is too low and might impede airflow too much. Would using an L tophat on the bottom mitigate this?

Also, sorry for bringing up the Dan A4 (I'm sure there's no end to comparisons being made between these two cases), they kind of stress the fact that they inserted a non-conducted plastic sheet between the GPU and the motherboard to prevent shorts. The Ghost doesn't appear to have such a layer though? Is the non-conducted element completely unnecessary? Or is there a valid concern for components shorting?

Last edited by a moderator: