Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

zarch

Chassis Packer
Mar 29, 2017
I would like to see "bottom hats" too for even more flexibility.

I am somewhat of an amateur at computer building, but I have combed over the A4 and M1 online quite a bit. This request for a bottom hat seems to have come before it was determined to allow for the PSU to be flipped. I would imagine in this orientation of a SFF case, one of the primary uses for the large top hat would be to put in AIO coolers. However, with the PSU flipped, its hot exhaust would either be pulled through the radiator, or fight the downward airflow. Assuming a non-blower gpu, you could have the same issue. An AIO in the top would either be sucking in hot air, or fighting natural circulation by blowing down.

If there could be an AIO solution incorporated in the bottom, then it would be pulling in cool air and not fighting natural circulation. From what I can tell, though, this may remove a good location for a SSD. As you have previously indicated, however, you favor the m.2 as the way of the future anyway.

It seems like it may be a major change at this point as I saw you are targeting early April for a kickstarter launch. It does seem, though, that it could be an invaluable modification. Also, on the top of natural circulation, even if an AIO isn't used, wouldn't you want hard drives below all the major heat-producing components? Lower would keep them cooler and not impede hot air escaping from the top.

EDIT: If the same hat design could be used on either the top or bottom, the possibilities with stacking them can really become more attractive to those on the fence.

zarch

Chassis Packer
Mar 29, 2017
A few names that might work on its own if the top hat could be used on top or bottom-
Rise
Riser
Extension
Annex
Appendage (maybe playing with that a little could tie it into the "Ghost" theme)

If only going on top, head could be used. That could again tie into the ghost theme - those without it could be "headless ghosts" or something like that. If you do incorporate the bottom idea, and they aren't universal, another name for the bottom could be Horse.

Reactions: PaChalski

zarch

Chassis Packer
Mar 29, 2017
Question about the kickstarter - will you announce here a few days before it goes active, or will it be "spur of the moment?" I'm anxious to get in on it, but I'd like to see images of the final product and assess whether or not I want to get in on the first batch without having the potential of the kickstarter ending in 45 minutes like what happened with Dondan. I have subscribed to your email list, but I don't check it constantly, only about once every day or 2.

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
Question about the kickstarter - will you announce here a few days before it goes active, or will it be "spur of the moment?" I'm anxious to get in on it, but I'd like to see images of the final product and assess whether or not I want to get in on the first batch without having the potential of the kickstarter ending in 45 minutes like what happened with Dondan. I have subscribed to your email list, but I don't check it constantly, only about once every day or 2.

I'll definitely put a post here when the kickStarter starts. Subscribing for the newsletter is safer because that's what the KickStarter team will be communicating through when they push the button and timing wise more accurate.

Reactions: Biowarejak

panec

Case Bender
New User
Aug 29, 2016
- All the designs and CAD files for every component will be downloadable and free for everyone to experiment with or just manufacture their own copies as they stand

I'm interested in building the case that can facilitate the design of the Spine.

Are you planning to sell specific parts?

When do you plan to publish those files?

How are you combine parts of the Spine? Is it welded aluminium on the touch point or different method?

Ps. Continue awesome job.

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
I'm interested in building the case that can facilitate the design of the Spine.

Are you planning to sell specific parts?

When do you plan to publish those files?

How are you combine parts of the Spine? Is it welded aluminium on the touch point or different method?

Ps. Continue awesome job.

How we sell the components going forward is not decided. If there is a large demand for specific components we will consider it.

The files will be published after we deliver the products to our potential backers, they will get them first, possibly right after the campain

The manufacturing process of the spine is a combination of several steps. Extrusion, laser cutting and cnc milling. It is one solid part - no welding

Parge

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 8, 2015
Not going to hold you to anything, and I appreciate you might have already answered this question, but do you have a rough price you are aiming for? I'm in the UK and with the £ so low at the moment this is something I have to think about.

LOVING the design so far (oh and my personal colour choice would be white)

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
Not going to hold you to anything, and I appreciate you might have already answered this question, but do you have a rough price you are aiming for? I'm in the UK and with the £ so low at the moment this is something I have to think about.

LOVING the design so far (oh and my personal colour choice would be white)

We are days away from launching the campaign, however, we still have some details to figure out that are affecting the cost.

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Looking at the spec, I can guess that -unfortunately, this one is going to be a relatively expensive case. That 3M PCIe extender won't come cheap.

Ah.. the premiums we pay to go small :cool:

Great case btw.

Parge

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 8, 2015
Yeah, I figured that would be the case (hahahahahahhahaha).

At least its in the EU so I won't get completely murdered on delivery (S4 Mini was like $70 shipping!)

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
Guys!

We are planning to launch next week if nothing major appears during the last couple of days. The movie is 99% and the last details of the campaign are being adjusted.

We would greatly appreciate a last round of feedback, both on the homepage and any technical pointers of the product before we push the button!

www.louqe.com

xninetynine

Cable Smoosher
Apr 11, 2017
Wooooooooo! Can't wait to get in on this. The website looks a lot better now compared to before. Definitely easier to navigate! Great job.

gffermari

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 7, 2017
I don't know if it has been asked before....

Could someone install a AIO 120mm for the cpu and a Hybrid GPU that also carries a 120mm radiator, using the large tophat??

And if someone install a tophat, do they lose the top mounted inputs?

...and my pov so far:
+Great design - It's really beautiful to watch but the vent holes are kinda small to me. I know that bigger holes would destroy the image but the thermal ability of the case is under consideration.
+The large tophat is revolutionary. It adds of course a respectable amount of volume to the case but it redefines the SFF category in terms of the ability to hold a high end cpu in overclocked state by using a AIO watercooling system.
+USB and HDMI front inputs - At last. I think that cases without front usb ports should be banned from the market. When you decide to design the Ghost S2, consider of putting a USB-C on top and a xbox transmitter inside. Yes i'm asking too much....
+The flag! i have kept the Swedish flag which was on top of a cake, when i visited Stockholm six years ago.

Parge

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 8, 2015
Looking good!

One thing I would say is that it is not clear enough why someone should choose the various sizes of tops hats. Would be good to have something like

"choose 'L' Size if you plan on watercooling with a 120/240mm radiator and 25mm fans" etc etc