Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
I don't know if it has been asked before....

Could someone install a AIO 120mm for the cpu and a Hybrid GPU that also carries a 120mm radiator, using the large tophat??

And if someone install a tophat, do they lose the top mounted inputs?

...and my pov so far:
+Great design - It's really beautiful to watch but the vent holes are kinda small to me. I know that bigger holes would destroy the image but the thermal ability of the case is under consideration.
+The large tophat is revolutionary. It adds of course a respectable amount of volume to the case but it redefines the SFF category in terms of the ability to hold a high end cpu in overclocked state by using a AIO watercooling system.
+USB and HDMI front inputs - At last. I think that cases without front usb ports should be banned from the market. When you decide to design the Ghost S2, consider of putting a USB-C on top and a xbox transmitter inside. Yes i'm asking too much....
+The flag! i have kept the Swedish flag which was on top of a cake, when i visited Stockholm six years ago.

- The Ghost S1 is designed for one set of tubing, two sets have not been tested. A hybrid GPU often has pipes coming from the top making them to high to fit underneath the "FleXDeck"/"Creative Platfoem". However, a large demand for this will result in production of a specialized version of this component that has an opening for GPU-pipes.

- Hole sizes and the open area (currently at 30%) is currently being tested and we are looking at a scenario where they will bi slightly enlarged, resulting in an open area close to 40%

- USB-C has been asked about by many, this is likely to be included before delivery but nothing we can promise at this point as we are discussing with suppliers. The IO-module is interchangeable but could cause a need of changing top grill. Backers will be consulted and we will find a good solution that the majority is happy with

- Flag is everyone's pick, one custom slag is included in the backer reward.

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
Looking good!

One thing I would say is that it is not clear enough why someone should choose the various sizes of tops hats. Would be good to have something like

"choose 'L' Size if you plan on watercooling with a 120/240mm radiator and 25mm fans" etc etc

Great input, The comment has been forwarded to the homepage dev team.

Reactions: Biowarejak

Ceros_X

King of Cable Management
Mar 8, 2016
Website Feedback:

• On the four slide slideshow area (where it talks about Scandinavian heritage, the spine, etc) the scroll speed is much too fast. I am a quick reader but had to swipe back multiple times to finish reading an entire slide.
  • "The GHOST S1 will be available on Kickstarter soon and will be running for 30 days. The campaign will be limited to a smaller number of cases, a restriction necessary to guarantee a fist class customer experience for the backers. Visit this site regularly for the latest updates or sign up for our newsletter to receive a heads-up before all others!"
  • "Material 2.5 mm heat treated magnesium and silicone enforced aluminum" - is this just the spine or is the whole case 2.5mm thick?
  • In the navigation menu the link for the case is Ghost - all of the materials say Ghost S1. Don't know if that was a stylistic omission or not. Also I feel like the English is a little awkward at times in the site - don't get me wrong, I am not fluent in any other language but there are a few instances where a 'the' is left out in front of 'the Ghost S1' and it reads awkwardly to me. Maybe I am wrong and someone who was an English major can chime in :D. For example: With our statement “full performance without compromises” it goes without saying that Ghost S1 easily fits a double slot full length (305 mm) GPU
Other than that, everything looks good - just some minor nitpicking in the quest for perfection, feel free to tell me to screw off :D

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Hey now, you're just being helpful! I'm glad someone said something honestly. Little mistakes like that can totally turn off a discerning audience and I think we all want this to be successful.

Reactions: PaChalski

|||

King of Cable Management
Sep 26, 2015
"Material 2.5 mm heat treated magnesium and silicone enforced aluminum" - is this just the spine or is the whole case 2.5mm thick?

They are trying to do fancy marketing speak to make it seem more than it is...simply 6061-T6 or a very similar aluminum alloy with heat treatment that is quite common and just come off as being confusing (and to someone like me who knows better as being stupid and doesn't know much about alloys). The entire case is probably made of it.

eggDK

Average Stuffer
Mar 14, 2016
They are trying to do fancy marketing speak to make it seem more than it is...simply 6061-T6 or a very similar aluminum alloy with heat treatment that is quite common and just come off as being confusing (and to someone like me who knows better as being stupid and doesn't know much about alloys). The entire case is probably made of it.
If that's true then "silicone" also seems to be a mistake.. Should be "silicon", no?

Reactions: PaChalski and |||

eggDK

Average Stuffer
Mar 14, 2016
That mistake is made so often I read over it. I still notice it in speech, though.
For a long time I just assumed they were making some crazy sandwich laminate from magnesium and silicone. Guess that was being a bit naive and literal...

Reactions: Biowarejak

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
I, too, was a little mislead by the marketing. But doesn't that prove it's effectiveness? Is there a way to rephrase things and still sound all fancy?

gffermari

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 7, 2017
- The Ghost S1 is designed for one set of tubing, two sets have not been tested. A hybrid GPU often has pipes coming from the top making them to high to fit underneath the "FleXDeck"/"Creative Platfoem". However, a large demand for this will result in production of a specialized version of this component that has an opening for GPU-pipes.

Yes you are right. I didn't think of that. I had in mind the Fury X which has the tubes at the extension of the card.
It will be a great ad if you manage to fit a Fury X and a AIO 120mm in the S1.

Kingtron

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 15, 2017
Looking forward to see this case in production.
I've just noticed that the youtube channel in the main website page is different than the one in the case page !!
Also the website has some spelling mistakes like SDD's instead of SSD's
Any chance to have a 65mm cooler fit in it ?

Reactions: PaChalski

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
I’d like to start with thanking everyone for the huge engagement, input and feedback. We are spending the last few days before the launch to polish the homepage and incorporating the last pointers we have received. Thank you again! We will not stop listening now, everything that has been said and that will be said here is considered for this or coming products.

The launching details for Ghost S1: This Tuesday 18th of April 22:00 CET

SYDNEY 06:00 (19 APRIL)
TOKYO 05:00 (19 APRIL)
SEOUL 05:00 (19 APRIL)
HONG KONG 04:00 (19 APRIL)
STOCKHOLM 22:00
LONDON 21:00
NEW YORK 16:00
LOS ANGELES 15:00

Last edited:

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
Is the Arctic White colour more white or silver?

There will be no silver alternative in the communication at launch. However, if a significant number of backers wish to have shell that is not dyed after anodization we will listen.

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
Yes you are right. I didn't think of that. I had in mind the Fury X which has the tubes at the extension of the card.
It will be a great ad if you manage to fit a Fury X and a AIO 120mm in the S1.

The Fury X will work fine. However, the Creative Platform will need to be redesigned in order to allow for two separate radiators with separate loops.

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
Looking forward to see this case in production.
I've just noticed that the youtube channel in the main website page is different than the one in the case page !!
Also the website has some spelling mistakes like SDD's instead of SSD's
Any chance to have a 65mm cooler fit in it ?

Unofficially yes, you can use 4mm MB standoffs and make it fit, then the MB back plate does not fit so you'd have to cover the back up ghetto style. Duck tape?

spintje

Average Stuffer
Feb 16, 2017
Will it be possible to remove the little swedish flag on the of the case?

Asking for a Nordic friend ;)

Fenderman

Minimal Tinkerer
Apr 14, 2017
There will be no silver alternative in the communication at launch. However, if a significant number of backers wish to have shell that is not dyed after anodization we will listen.

So how ill this work, will there be an option to back it with a "silver" option? Or you buy a black one and then later it will be discussed to change it to silver?