Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

Mac2636

Trash Compacter
Jan 21, 2020
Noctua is working on a custom CPU cooler for the Ghost S1 that is apparently coming soon but no specifics have been released yet I believe.
Thanks so much for the info. I went ahead and ordered an L12s, but I can always return it if news breaks on the new cooler.

Reactions: PBJ

bynio

Average Stuffer
Feb 8, 2020
MKII Batch 4 Large TopHat from Proshop

And it bends inwards when tightened.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Damn I knew there were problems with the tophats matching the case but you would think that all the panels of the tophat would match.

bynio

Average Stuffer
Feb 8, 2020
So the top hats have different colors?
Highly depends on the lighting but with premium case like this it was bothering me too much. When I've put them together for the photo I could see why. Camera slightly exaggerated this difference, but not much.

Also with flash you don't color difference that much

I've sent it back today and am waiting to see if they accept. Instead of near silent 240AIO I went with L12S which was more difficult to fit in than I was hopeing for. Bending for height is one thing, IO shield and RAM another, but CPU socket placement on Aorux x570 puts it too close to the bottom frame. With heat pipes on the bottom it doesn't fit by 5-10mm and with heat pipes over IO it's still difficult to fit bottom piece.

Forced air circulation would be more practical. With low grade and old GPU (for now) not raising temperatures I was able to push it to 82C on blender benchmark with around 4080MHz and Core Voltage above 1.3V, all stock+ 1usmus profile. With stock cooler it was 95C with 1V and 3950MHz, so Throttling but underclocking and undervolting.

Ended up whit this position

vs. what I also tried

Reactions: admirerden

flar

Average Stuffer
Jan 19, 2020
Grrr. So Amazon sent me a large limestone tophat instead of a small pangaea one. ?

I filed for a return, but now the tophat is listed as not in stock until the 20th and won't get here until the 22nd. The rest of the build is pretty much ready to go...

zzmadd

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 18, 2017
Amazon US has the top hat photos and spec wrong. I've ordered the limestone 57mm and I got the 16mm. I had to send it back.
Can anyone help fix this?

Mac2636

Trash Compacter
Jan 21, 2020
There are 4 Phillips head screws that come with the case that appear to be standard MB screws. However, the preinstalled MB standoffs do not fit these screws. The standoffs fit the much smaller head torx screws. The torx screws look to be barely touching the grounding solder points on my MB.
Anyone know why Louqe didn't just use standard sized MB standoffs?

flar

Average Stuffer
Jan 19, 2020
I too got the wrong tophat parts for one of my orders, the boxes are nearly the same except for very tiny writing. The size is only listed on one of the labels and it's just a single letter buried between several others. They really could have labeled these boxes much more legibly without even expanding the size of the stickers by much.

Reactions: zzmadd

flar

Average Stuffer
Jan 19, 2020
There are 4 Phillips head screws that come with the case that appear to be standard MB screws. However, the preinstalled MB standoffs do not fit these screws. The standoffs fit the much smaller head torx screws. The torx screws look to be barely touching the grounding solder points on my MB.
Anyone know why Louqe didn't just use standard sized MB standoffs?
Well the Phillips head screws are for mounting the PSU so they aren't intended for the MB. I'm not sure what you mean by "barely touching", but they touch fine on my ROG 570-i. It's not like they cover the grounding points completly, but they do seem to touch on all sides.

A quick google search turns up a number of opinions that the MB standoff grounding points are minor compared to the PSU cables and the PSU attaching to the case, but YMMV.

Mac2636

Trash Compacter
Jan 21, 2020
Well the Phillips head screws are for mounting the PSU so they aren't intended for the MB. I'm not sure what you mean by "barely touching", but they touch fine on my ROG 570-i. It's not like they cover the grounding points completly, but they do seem to touch on all sides.

A quick google search turns up a number of opinions that the MB standoff grounding points are minor compared to the PSU cables and the PSU attaching to the case, but YMMV.

Thanks. Barely touching as in the screw heads are not large enough in diameter to reach some of the solder points. Wound up using some other screws I had in my spare drawer anyway, since my package only included 3 of the correct torx head screws.

Last edited:

Skarum

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 21, 2018
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this looks like the exact same design as the Dan A4. You should also post the hardware that the case can hold, it would really help. Beside that, you have some really good renderings there! And the case looks awesome. Cheers

It's quite different. Maybe the layout is similar, but other than that, the two cases are far apart. As for hardware compatibility, you can find it on Louqe's site, and check with the hardware you're planning to put in it.

Also, the case is in production and has been for a while. You can find actual photos, instead of just photos ;)