Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

D10S

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 4, 2018
First did you mean AIO? And if so there is none. Best you can do is a 120mm AIO/slim fan bottom mounted under the PSU with a medium tophat. But there is no way to use one without a tophat.
No AIO, just AIR COOLER HEATSINK...
Air Cooling Test Report (on page 1) doesn't show Alpenföhn Black Ridge or NoctuaNH-L12 S (modded?)...
...so, is still NoctuaNH-L12 (bottom fan only) the best choice?
(of course undervolt & underclock in this situation should help)

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Air Cooling Test Report (on page 1) doesn't show Alpenföhn Black Ridge or NoctuaNH-L12 S (modded?)...
The bent NH-L12S is probably the most popular currently used. NH-L12 is very good if you can find one. If you can fit it on your motherboard the Blackridge is supposed to be really good with a bottom 92mm and top 120mm fan.

Optimum Tech did testing in this video and got really good results.

Reactions: Weredawg and D10S

Madhawk1995

Average Stuffer
Sep 9, 2019
I have 9900k on L12s locked to 47 all core and -40mv I set TjMax to 90c. I do not hit that unless rendering or cinebench. No tdp limit otherwise just set it to a long power limit of 95w tdp. Even when OC'd 5.2ghz on this air cooler it worked in games. But do not expect to survive a stress test without 100c. My pc never shut down but temps obviously too high. Once it hits around 120ish watts power draw. It can't disappate the heat fast enough off the cooler. Also, I flipped NY ghost with 25mm psu up top. Really helped my gpu config. I have it against the wall.
My sweet spot for the cpu is 80c. Even random 85c spikes okay but 90c all the time I do not like. 90c and above is a no.
Before the flip my gpu temps 1710mhz on my 2080 evga black were still 80c with 60% fan curve. Now, I have max power target and thermal limit raised to 88c. I took about 3 hours of Cod MW nonstop to reach 77 spike. That is with +161 msi afterburner auto OC. Same thing custom fan curve 60% max. Without power target increase to 112%. It could easily stay around 70c and just hovers. Before with undervolt to 2070 super level performance still too hot 80c. The cpu oddly enough doesn't seem to mind being against the wall and the L12s is flipped upside down. The non optimal position but I do not feel like reseating the heatsink at this time.
I really want to see one of you daredevils with a 3950x no top hat build.

Last edited:

brownelvis

Trash Compacter
Jun 5, 2019
Anyone use the ghost s1 and the big shuriken 3 combo without experiencing unbearable turbulence? on a b450-i strix, the nfa12x15 ends up pressed right up against the sidepanel and it screams like a banshee.

Beardedswede

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2018
Anyone use the ghost s1 and the big shuriken 3 combo without experiencing unbearable turbulence? on a b450-i strix, the nfa12x15 ends up pressed right up against the sidepanel and it screams like a banshee.
kinda impossible to avoid it if you push the fan up again the sidepanel like that so not sure what answer you are hoping to get.

Madhawk1995

Average Stuffer
Sep 9, 2019
That's why i bent my l12s and sold my bs3. You could try a thermalright axp 100 full copper 58mm it was definitely quieter than my bs3. But, l12 or l12s best air cooler for this case thermals and silence.

D10S

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 4, 2018
Noctua NH-L12S and Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX:
It is not possible to install the NF-A12x15 fan,
but with the NF-A9x14 (from NH-L9i) it works well,
satisfied with the result ?

n.b.: Scythe Slip Stream 120 Slim fits,
I have a SY1212SL12M and it can be mounted,
but I don't think it's superior to the noctua ?

Reactions: Shinken1

Madhawk1995

Average Stuffer
Sep 9, 2019

Nivaku

Case Bender
New User
Dec 10, 2019
Hey guys,

I plan on using the ASRock Z390M-ITX/AC motherboard with the Alpenfohn Black Ridge
-I plan on using a bottom slim 92mm slim Noctua fan with a 120mm slim Noctua fan atop
-Apparently based on testing YouTube testing, having the air coming into the CPU is best for temperatures

In terms of RAM, I plan on using Corsair LPX for obvious reasons

Am I able to run this CPU cooler setup without an issue with clearance?
-Such as the RAM being able to clear the 92mm fan, it shouldn't even touch the fan from research on the pictures, based on the orientation
-Is there a special orientation that needs to be done to accomplish this?

I'd like to have the case in the default position with the power button on the bottom

In terms of being a frequent traveler, I also plan on protecting the Ghost S1 with Pelican Air 1485. I plan on carrying this as a carry-on.

Thanks for the help in advance guys

xthongyy

Chassis Packer
Oct 29, 2019
Hello. Just finished building in my Ghost S1 only to find out that my power button cables came off from the PCB. Currently using a screwdriver to jump the power pins but I'd rather not do that & have bought a 12mm anti vandal switch from Amazon. Only problem is you'd need a little brace for it to stay in place with a nut. I've seen @pslate has it as part of his switch for the Ghost, however it's out of stock so just want to ask if there's a 3D print out file of it somewhere?

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Hello. Just finished building in my Ghost S1 only to find out that my power button cables came off from the PCB. Currently using a screwdriver to jump the power pins but I'd rather not do that & have bought a 12mm anti vandal switch from Amazon. Only problem is you'd need a little brace for it to stay in place with a nut. I've seen @pslate has it as part of his switch for the Ghost, however it's out of stock so just want to ask if there's a 3D print out file of it somewhere?

You can always solder the wires back on, it's very easy and will cost you alot less

xthongyy

Chassis Packer
Oct 29, 2019
You can always solder the wires back on, it's very easy and will cost you alot less
Gonna try that today but do you have any suggestion to prevent it from happening again? The cables look so flimsy so I was thinking I'd use some electrical tape to provide some security.

pslate

Caliper Novice
May 17, 2018

Happy to send one of the 3D printed parts if you can throw a couple of bucks my way.. send me an email to phil@pslatecustoms.com if you're interested!

youngdocument

Trash Compacter
Nov 15, 2018
Does anyone know what the prices will be for batch 4? Looking to pick up a Limestone + medium top hat and would like to budget accordingly.

guniens

Average Stuffer
Nov 28, 2019
Hi guys
Is there any news on when it will be again available?
is it possible to buy on amazon?
is it like dr zaber sentry? i mean, once you buy you have to wait lots of months?
thanks in advance

TristanDuboisOLG

Average Stuffer
May 10, 2018
Hi guys
Is there any news on when it will be again available?
is it possible to buy on amazon?
is it like dr zaber sentry? i mean, once you buy you have to wait lots of months?
thanks in advance
I was able to buy it from amazon without a wait. I believe the Zaber was crowd funded? That would explain the wait.

Reactions: guniens