Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

loopaddiction

Chassis Packer
Dec 4, 2018
So I received my RMA replacement chassis today and I can say besides the constant delays, both from the original order and RMA request, Louqe handled the RMA reasonably well. I had some cosmetic defects on my original case, but this replacement seems to be perfect. If I was in a rush to complete my build, I'd probably be alot less enthusiastic. Overall though, if you can stomach the inevitable wait, the S1 is totally worth it in the end. I also have Dan's A4-SFX and IMO, both of these cases are heads and shoulders above every other ultra-compact, fully-featured ITX cases out there when it comes to quality and aesthetics. I'm a stickler for attention-to-detail and the S1 is quite beautiful when closely analyzed.

BTW, I haven't really kept up with actual builds in this thread but can the S1 reasonably handle AMD's 105W Ryzen CPU's (stock clocked) with air-cooling & no radiators? I know the Dan Case requires a custom fan duct with Noctua's low-profile CPU cooler. I'm personally waiting for AMD to announce their upcoming Ryzen 2 CPU's, and preferably would like to use a 3700 or 3700X, assuming AMD sticks with their naming conventions/TDP ratings. A 12c/24t (rumored) in this form factor would be an amazing combination.

LightKiosk

Cable Smoosher
Feb 24, 2019
I just saw the price went up to EUR 269 - add shipping & its above USD 300
I would have thought increase in volume would bring down the unit cost - lol

Is this case worth that much ?? :)

Shows free shipping on my end.

xfstop

What's an ITX?
Apr 12, 2019
I could not find a concrete answer on this issue -- I'm looking to build my first SFFPC, have picked the ghost as my case. I'm not in a rush at the moment (planning to build around June). I see that the previous batch had an 'Arctic White' color but there is no such option now, the closest seems to be limestone which seems similar to a macbook's silver/white. I did see some mention that the white color had some anodization issues, is that confirmed on why it's not an option in batch 2? Does anyone know if it will ever be an option again?

DreaMworX

Efficiency Noob
Apr 12, 2019

WTF - I just noticed this as well and wanted to see if I was the only one. I emailed them to see if this price is for all the markets and whether shipping is included. 320 euros for a case and a top hat without shipping is excessive. Id understand it if they changed the case in some way but its the same piece of aluminium as before.

I was going back and forth between the Ncase M1 and the Ghost S1 and this was the final push for me to get the Ncase.

Reactions: kviker

lexrj

Cable Smoosher
Apr 12, 2019
Selling mine that I received today (4/12) but no longer need it, box still unopened and it it's limestone color with no top hat.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Night out with the girlfriend so I only had time to check my Ghost when I got home from work to make sure everything arrived. Had a chance to take a better look at the case and I have to say it looks really, really good. This is the case I was hoping for when I first saw pictures of the Ghost. Fit, finish and build quality are all top notch. @Wahaha360 was asking about the anodizing and mine is very smooth.

Looks like Louqe finally has the shipping and QC issues worked out, really glad to see it.

I will be doing a full water cooled build but I have to wait for my GPU block to arrive. In the meantime I am going to transfer my air cooled build into the Ghost, I will let everyone know what I think of the build process.

Last edited:

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

rfarmer I just got the Limestone / Silver, I think it's anodized base with some sort of coating to get the color. Which makes the surface more rough to the touch than pure anodizing, but I don't know for sure.

Any one has both Ash / Black and Limestone / Silver can compare the two finishes to the touch?

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017

Didn't realize until installing the drives that I didn't have sleeved right angle SATA data cables, so have some on the way.

Installing components to the spine makes it really easy to get at everything, build went very quickly. I will miss the front IO because I do use them but I have to admit it is nice not having the extra cables to install, especially the USB 3.0 cable.

Continue to be impressed with the build quality of this case, everything fits together very well. Fit and finish are excellent.

3vilgenius

Chassis Packer
Jan 4, 2018
Just a heads up that the Ghost can be installed with 2 mounting platforms, here is a picture of one at the top and one at the bottom.

Also, the S-tophat + mounting platform + Noctua NF-A12x15 is a match made in heaven:

How did you get your hands on more than one mounting platform?

3vilgenius

Chassis Packer
Jan 4, 2018
Is there a difference between the color of the pangea case? Dude on ebay posted a pic selling his top hat which was clearly a more vivid green than the batch one case. wtf is up with the consistency here?

Rander

Cable Smoosher
Jun 24, 2018
Got my case on thursday. :D

Was on perfect condition.
Looks very nice.
Only one (a bit disappointing) problem... power/led cable is TOO short and had to buy an extension from amazon.

Bye!

Reactions: Alucard and Nanook

Larsn

Minimal Tinkerer
Mar 26, 2019

WTF - I just noticed this as well and wanted to see if I was the only one. I emailed them to see if this price is for all the markets and whether shipping is included. 320 euros for a case and a top hat without shipping is excessive. Id understand it if they changed the case in some way but its the same piece of aluminium as before.

I was going back and forth between the Ncase M1 and the Ghost S1 and this was the final push for me to get the Ncase.

Compared to January the price just went up 7€. Shipping is now included and this case is worth every cent!

So I received my RMA replacement chassis today and I can say besides the constant delays, both from the original order and RMA request, Louqe handled the RMA reasonably well. I had some cosmetic defects on my original case, but this replacement seems to be perfect. If I was in a rush to complete my build, I'd probably be alot less enthusiastic. Overall though, if you can stomach the inevitable wait, the S1 is totally worth it in the end. I also have Dan's A4-SFX and IMO, both of these cases are heads and shoulders above every other ultra-compact, fully-featured ITX cases out there when it comes to quality and aesthetics. I'm a stickler for attention-to-detail and the S1 is quite beautiful when closely analyzed.

BTW, I haven't really kept up with actual builds in this thread but can the S1 reasonably handle AMD's 105W Ryzen CPU's (stock clocked) with air-cooling & no radiators? I know the Dan Case requires a custom fan duct with Noctua's low-profile CPU cooler. I'm personally waiting for AMD to announce their upcoming Ryzen 2 CPU's, and preferably would like to use a 3700 or 3700X, assuming AMD sticks with their naming conventions/TDP ratings. A 12c/24t (rumored) in this form factor would be an amazing combination.

I run a stock aircooled 2700X, also 105W, with a Noctua NH-L12S. It runs stable with no overheating. I didn't do any stresstest but ingame I crossed 75°C once and my fancurve is also the standard one of the Asus Strix X470-I. You can set it higher or mount two 120 fans that are controlled by the cpu temp, just like me. I mounted them in the pull configuration to suck the air out of the case. That way I never crossed 65°C.
If it stays at 105W the Ryzen 3XXX with the Zen 2 architecture (that's what you meant?) also should fit the case.

How did you get your hands on more than one mounting platform?

The top mouting plate is included and one is at the bottom.

Reactions: DreaMworX