Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
My Ghost S1 is nearly complete,

I may open a thread and share the mods that I have been working on.

Neil

Front IO looks good.

lchillyl

Efficiency Noob
Dec 23, 2018
Hey SSF community, this is my first time posting and hopefully soon to be my first ITX build.

I’ve spent the last 5 hours reading each and every 3129 posts about this case.... what a roller coaster it has been. Thank you for everyone’s input, but I definitely have some questions before I decide to buy one of these cases. So here goes...

1- Has anyone that has experienced quality issues received any response from Louqe in terms of replacement parts, refunds, or entirely new cases?

2- What’s the deal with the dust filters? I read many posts regarding their development but it seems to be a dead subject?

3- Has anyone modded the power button to something of better quality and how hard would it be to change the colour of the led power light? A customizable led power light would be nice.

4- PLEASE tell me there is a better set of screws for the top grill that are flush???

5- I’m looking for some 90 degree 8 pin and 6 pin power wires for my MSI gpu so I can just use the small top hat instead of the medium if someone can point me in the right direction on where to find those.

Thank you very much! This has been a fun read!

Reactions: readeh

lchillyl

Efficiency Noob
Dec 23, 2018
Oh also one more thing.... can anyone tell me why all of JoJo’s posts just show up as “...”? Not sure if that’s a glitch or something? Everyone else’s posts show up fine? I’d like to know what JoJo has to say.

Thx

Reactions: Biowarejak

lchillyl

Efficiency Noob
Dec 23, 2018
Wicked thanks for the quick response.

Does anyone know if there is a type of screw that I could go buy on my own now that will sit flush with the top grill?

lchillyl

Efficiency Noob
Dec 23, 2018
....so I don’t mean to beat a dead horse....but the grill screw thing is still unclear to me.... I’m trying to avoid this(stole someone’s picture)

Is there no flat screws that will sit flush? Or is the grill not counter sunk so maybe flush screw heads are impossible?

lchillyl

Efficiency Noob
Dec 23, 2018
I’m planning to travel a lot with this case for work, would be nice to have something a bit more secure than magnets but also still look clean.

Has anyone tried milling the grill to counter sink some screws? Not sure if it’s even thick enough to do this?

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
welcome to the forum.
1. did get a mail which says that I get a copper grill and the powerbutton replaced. RMA seems to work flawless.
2. custom dustfilters you can get at demcifilter.com
3. try to find your favorite powerbutton, but it wont be easy. Thats why Louqe made their own.
4. you will get the right screws in future
5. have seen this allready, but will have to search the link
6. It`s because I delete my threads after a while, it has only to do with me.

to 5. https://www.moddiy.com/products/PCIE-90-Degree-Angle-Low-Profile-8%2dPin-6%2dPin-Connector-Extension-Cable.html
there is existing as well a pcb solution https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=574925729211

Deleting old posts is super destructive to forum reading and community sharing :( Please don't do it - this is a friendly place where everyone comes to learn from questions of their own, and others.

Sldr

Average Stuffer
Feb 7, 2017
I think I'm going to add a medium tophat and install two 120mm Noctua fans. Just to clarify, are the fans you're using the NF-A12x25 PWM? Also, the M3x8 screws you bought, do they have the countersunk flat top (like these)?

You can only install 2x 120mm Noctua NF-A12x25 in a M-tophat if you're not using the mounting plate, attach the fans to the bottom plate. You can't use the M-tophat at the top in combination with the grill. I'll try to provide pictures later this week.

I'm currently running the following config:
- L-tophat at the bottom with the Asus ROG Ruyjin 240 radiator
- M+S-tophats at the top with 2x 120mm Noctua attached to the mounting platform (there is no other way to attach them)

Reactions: 3lfk1ng and Skarum

Chuck

Efficiency Noob
Dec 26, 2018
Currently debating if I need a small tophat or not.
Does anyone have temps for the following configs ?
  • no tophats and 2 NF-A12x15 at the top
  • small tophat and 2 NF-A12x25 at the top
Also trying to decide if I need the 450 or 600w sfx psu from Corsair.
I currently have a gtx 1070 from Inno3d and I'll buy RAM+Motherboard+CPU for this build. I'll go either Ryzen 5 2600/2600X or I5 8400/9600k.
Does anyone know if 450w is enough for these configs ?
Many thanks

Last edited:

readeh

Trash Compacter
Oct 25, 2018
Currently debating if I need a small tophat or not.
Does anyone have temps for the following configs ?
  • no tophats and 2 NF-A12x15 at the top
  • small tophat and 2 NF-12x25 at the top
Also trying to decide if I need the 450 or 600w sfx psu from Corsair.
I currently have a gtx 1070 from Inno3d and I'll buy RAM+Motherboard+CPU for this build. I'll go either Ryzen 5 2600/2600X or I5 8400/9600k.
Does anyone know if 450w is enough for these configs ?
Many thanks
Building a 2700x with a 1070 in a few days with the corsair sf450 and should be sufficient.

Was thinking about testing that precise setup as i have the fans and the top hat. Right now I'm not running any top hats and I'm around 80-84c with a mild overclock, but that's without tweaking voltage at all. I'll tweak them later today and then find out if adding a top hat is necessary for the clocks I want.

Edit: btw you need the small tophat for the 12x15 fans.

Last edited:

leecm

Caliper Novice
Oct 2, 2018
You can only install 2x 120mm Noctua NF-A12x25 in a M-tophat if you're not using the mounting plate, attach the fans to the bottom plate. You can't use the M-tophat at the top in combination with the grill. I'll try to provide pictures later this week.

I'm currently running the following config:
- L-tophat at the bottom with the Asus ROG Ruyjin 240 radiator
- M+S-tophats at the top with 2x 120mm Noctua attached to the mounting platform (there is no other way to attach them)

Well damn. Did I misread 3lfk1ng's post? If it's not possible, how did he do it?

Chuck

Efficiency Noob
Dec 26, 2018
I think the sf450 is also more silent than the sf600, right ?
If so I think I'll go with the sf450.

84c is also quite high to my taste

FAQBytes

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 22, 2017
I think the sf450 is also more silent than the sf600, right ?
If so I think I'll go with the sf450.

84c is also quite high to my taste

Owner of the SF600 as of January 2018.
Honestly, the noise of it is something you'll never notice. It is not even close to the loudest component and my computer also runs nearly silent to the point where I have to look at it to see if it is on or not sometimes.

With that said, I don't think I've even pulled close to 300W with an 8700k mildly overclocked and 980,1080, or 2080.

Reactions: zacobin

Chuck

Efficiency Noob
Dec 26, 2018
Building a 2700x with a 1070 in a few days with the corsair sf450 and should be sufficient.

Was thinking about testing that precise setup as i have the fans and the top hat. Right now I'm not running any top hats and I'm around 80-84c with a mild overclock, but that's without tweaking voltage at all. I'll tweak them later today and then find out if adding a top hat is necessary for the clocks I want.

Edit: btw you need the small tophat for the 12x15 fans.
I'd be very interested to know what kind of temps you get with the top hat and the x15 or x25 fans.
What about the noise atm ? Do you mind it ?

@FAQBytes There's only a 15€ difference between the 450 and the 600, so I might as well get the 600 after some thoughts

Skarum

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 21, 2018
A couple question for the Ghost owners:

How do you find installing a 120mm case fan, in place of the drive bay, impacts the airflow and temperatures? Is the room below the PSU sufficient for a 25 mm thick fan, without the cables obstructing the airflow too much?

readeh

Trash Compacter
Oct 25, 2018
I'd be very interested to know what kind of temps you get with the top hat and the x15 or x25 fans.
What about the noise atm ? Do you mind it ?

@FAQBytes There's only a 15€ difference between the 450 and the 600, so I might as well get the 600 after some thoughts
I'll try to get it done later in the evening. Currently at 4.8ghz on a 7700K and hitting close to 90 with the copper top on, 80-85c without it, so that's quite a difference. The 120x15mm fans should really help the temps.
Noise isn't too bad at load, but I'm lucky with my GPU as it doesn't go past 69c and it's very quiet for a 2080ti.
When idling I can't hear the computer at all.