Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

enthusiast uk

Chassis Packer
Oct 15, 2018
Oh that gives me hope! I very sadly sent my cancellation email this morning after seeing all of the QA issues that continue showing up... I just can't justify the price tag until they get their manufacturing figured out.
As i understand it the defects are not that widespread. I think damage from shipping is more common. While I had a whole range of issues the quality of the product was not one. Even with all the disappointment and headaches I will be first on the list to buy accessories should they ever get around to making them.

Reactions: zacobin

zacobin

Trash Compacter
Oct 31, 2017
Received my limestone case with medium tophat today (two shipments but both arrived same day). Only complaint is a minor PCB bend and the FTW3 fitment problem. Other than that it'sa perfect specimen. Or maybe I'm just not as observant/demanding as others but I'm pretty sure it's just a well done case

Reactions: edrenmarc

Rinzler

Cable Smoosher
Oct 5, 2018
Received my limestone case with medium tophat today (two shipments but both arrived same day). Only complaint is a minor PCB bend and the FTW3 fitment problem. Other than that it'sa perfect specimen. Or maybe I'm just not as observant/demanding as others but I'm pretty sure it's just a well done case

FTW3 fitment problem? So it can't fit into case? For sure? So I know not to upgrade to that and stick with a dual fan sc2 one.

zacobin

Trash Compacter
Oct 31, 2017
FTW3 fitment problem? So it can't fit into case? For sure? So I know not to upgrade to that and stick with a dual fan sc2 one.
Yeah, the factory seems to have used the old height of the riser instead of the adjusted one. FTW3 fits with ultra low profile cables or an extender PCB for the 8-pin connections and if you remove the RGB strip. Otherwise it's too large

loopaddiction

Chassis Packer
Dec 4, 2018
Has anyone who's received their S1 and had some kind of issue with it initiated a return with Louqe? If so, do they require you to cover the shipping?

I received my ash case the other day but it came with multiple cosmetic defects, including the paint being scratched off on the very front of the case. The packaging and interior styrofoam arrived in perfect condition, so i'm assuming it was a QC issue within the factory. Very disappointing.

I'm in the US, so shipping it back would be quite a hefty cost. Hoping Louqe is able to do right and cover the shipping themselves, but figured I would ask here for any personal experiences.

edrenmarc

Trash Compacter
Sep 28, 2017
Has anyone who's received their S1 and had some kind of issue with it initiated a return with Louqe? If so, do they require you to cover the shipping?

I received my ash case the other day but it came with multiple cosmetic defects, including the paint being scratched off on the very front of the case. The packaging and interior styrofoam arrived in perfect condition, so i'm assuming it was a QC issue within the factory. Very disappointing.

I'm in the US, so shipping it back would be quite a hefty cost. Hoping Louqe is able to do right and cover the shipping themselves, but figured I would ask here for any personal experiences.

I know that based on the registration we get 2+1 extra year warranty. And Patrik said that they will take care of any defects. But nothing about how or what is covered was disclosed. And I doubt anything will be done until all of the 1st batch of cases are delivered.

Even then, there seems to be a handful of qc issues that I doubt Louqe could cover them all without going under. I haven’t received my case yet but I’m worried I’m going to end up with many issues as well.

It’s a shame that from concept and design, Louqe were perfectionists. However throughout manufacturing, qc, and shipping they were the complete opposite. Using a non final 3D model to create the production units and it missing the ftw3 final adjustments is too big of a mistake.

I wouldn’t hold your breath to get a replacement case being that there were so many delays in just getting the 1st round out. I’d imagine replacements would run into many other issues.

Sldr

Average Stuffer
Feb 7, 2017
Louqe replied to an e-mail from me: "We see that your order has not yet been sent but we hope to see it leave the factory this week." :)

enthusiast uk

Chassis Packer
Oct 15, 2018
Louqe replied to an e-mail from me: "We see that your order has not yet been sent but we hope to see it leave the factory this week." :)
wow, i thought when they said 50% undelivered they were just in transit not having not left the factory. That's really bad. Is there guy still there checking quality cause it sounds like they are still manufacturing your case.

Sldr

Average Stuffer
Feb 7, 2017
With all the QC issues we see on cases that are already delivered, I want to believe that's a good thing, that my case still needs to be produced.

zacobin

Trash Compacter
Oct 31, 2017
With all the QC issues we see on cases that are already delivered, I want to believe that's a good thing, that my case still needs to be produced.
I honestly think it's being blown out of proportion. Is it perfect? No. But you're always going to hear more from people with complaints than all of the good ones that were delivered. That's why I commented here that mine has no important defects. Slightly bent PCB and minor blemishes on the interior surfaces. That's it.

SilverFox18

Trash Compacter
Sep 29, 2017
Picked up my Limestone case (and super pack of top hats) today - had a quick glance over the case - super pleased with the quality and fit. The top hats are all wrapped up (but trust they will be OK) will check them out over the w/end. Outside package was in good order and the inner box lining was sufficient to cater for reasonable handling by couriers. Will report back on 'build' experience - looking forward to transferring hardware!
(based in UK)

Ansau

Chassis Packer
Jun 5, 2017
I honestly think it's being blown out of proportion. Is it perfect? No. But you're always going to hear more from people with complaints than all of the good ones that were delivered. That's why I commented here that mine has no important defects. Slightly bent PCB and minor blemishes on the interior surfaces. That's it.

1. One of the initial premises of this project was top-notch quality. Taken from web page: "This case offers a level of quality rarely seen in any computer case out there."
2. Louqe management went expressively to China to check quality control to make sure production was up to the intended standards.
3. Several cases are presenting quality issues that in no way are up to the quality level expected from Louqe.

As a quality engineer, no it hasn't been blown out of proportion, Louqe intended a level of quality that requires a lot of resources and experienced people doing what is needed to do. You shouldn't going so loud about such big point if you're not sure will be up to it.

But, this is not just about quality issues, more of a never ending list of unexpected problems. It's sad a lot of people have been sucked in the dream that this project has always been, and it shouldn't be a surprise disappointment is a spread feeling after this project has faced reality.

zacobin

Trash Compacter
Oct 31, 2017
1. One of the initial premises of this project was top-notch quality. Taken from web page: "This case offers a level of quality rarely seen in any computer case out there."
2. Louqe management went expressively to China to check quality control to make sure production was up to the intended standards.
3. Several cases are presenting quality issues that in no way are up to the quality level expected from Louqe.

As a quality engineer, no it hasn't been blown out of proportion, Louqe intended a level of quality that requires a lot of resources and experienced people doing what is needed to do. You shouldn't going so loud about such big point if you're not sure will be up to it.

But, this is not just about quality issues, more of a never ending list of unexpected problems. It's sad a lot of people have been sucked in the dream that this project has always been, and it shouldn't be a surprise disappointment is a spread feeling after this project has faced reality.

1. I happen to think my case is of a quality really seen. I have zero imperfections and everything fits the way it should.

2. Yes, and unfortunately when they left the factory did not continue with that quality.

3. Several. Not the majority. Not even an overwhelming amount, in my opinion. And since we don't have any actual metrics here and are merely speculating...

4. I was only posting about end result quality, not the journey which definitely left a lot to be desired. My case and many others have been up to par. I've been using SFF cases for a while now and I do honestly think, in my case, they've lived up to the promise. Hopefully they can iron out any wrinkles in production but such is life.

Reactions: Beardedswede

BeyondLightning

Cable Smoosher
Nov 29, 2018
Picked up my Limestone case (and super pack of top hats) today - had a quick glance over the case - super pleased with the quality and fit. The top hats are all wrapped up (but trust they will be OK) will check them out over the w/end. Outside package was in good order and the inner box lining was sufficient to cater for reasonable handling by couriers. Will report back on 'build' experience - looking forward to transferring hardware!
(based in UK)
Did yours come with the right screws?

Rinzler

Cable Smoosher
Oct 5, 2018
Hello SFF community, this is a little off tangent on the current talk of issues & getting their cases etc.
I come with a question on my build. I'm in a dilemma or have been since I ordered the Louqe case. I'm part of the 2nd batch that is due January and been buying parts bit by bit. Leaving my 1st build of full atx. My dilemma is on what opition is best in these choices and you the community I ask to help because I'd like the best option with the rest of my budget of $700 after I sell my current build for full atx.

Current items I already have for Louqe build:
Asus z270i strix
Noctua nh12
Corsair sfx 600
Corsair lpx 32gb 3000mhz
Samsung 970 pro 512g

Changing GPU since mine won't fit in Louqe. Currently running asus strix 1070ti

Options
-------------

A) keep my i7 7700k & new/used 1070ti & watercool the Louqe (mini pump or apogee drive ii build)

B) keep my i7 7700k & new/used 1080ti or maybe a 2080 ti if I can fine one for 1000

C) move to z390 MB & i7 8700k cpu & new/used 1080 gpu

D) move to z390 MB & i7 9700k cpu & new/used 1070ti, aio cooler

E) move to z390 MB & i9 9900k cpu & new/used 1070, aio cooler

Options options please help me or if you have a thought on what options I can have with what I already have please let me know. Thank you for your time & efforts

enthusiast uk

Chassis Packer
Oct 15, 2018
Hello SFF community, this is a little off tangent on the current talk of issues & getting their cases etc.
I come with a question on my build. I'm in a dilemma or have been since I ordered the Louqe case. I'm part of the 2nd batch that is due January and been buying parts bit by bit. Leaving my 1st build of full atx. My dilemma is on what opition is best in these choices and you the community I ask to help because I'd like the best option with the rest of my budget of $700 after I sell my current build for full atx.

Asus z270i strix
Noctua nh12
Corsair sfx 600
Corsair lpx 32gb 3000mhz
Samsung 970 pro 512g

Options
-------------

A) keep my i7 7700k & new/used 1070ti & watercool the Louqe (mini pump or apogee drive ii build)

B) keep my i7 7700k & new/used 1080ti or maybe a 2080 ti if I can fine one for 1000

Options options please help me or if you have a thought on what options I can have with what I already have please let me know. Thank you for your time & efforts
I am in no way a computer expert but from what I've been hearing the i9 k series runs real hot so you will need a pretty beefy aio and also some air across your VRM's. From my experience with my case so far the 95w tdp was the limit for any air build. I also have the noctua d12 and on my i5-8600k overclocked to 4.7 on all cores i'm maxing at mid 90's on any gaming and prob throttling on any benchmarks like cinebench.

Just something to keep in mind if you go the i9 route. Depending on what your using it for i think i7 you have now is still more that powerful enough for most tasks.

Reactions: Rinzler and readeh

readeh

Trash Compacter
Oct 25, 2018

Asus z270i strix
Noctua nh12
Corsair sfx 600
Corsair lpx 32gb 3000mhz
Samsung 970 pro 512g

Options
-------------

We have close to the same build and I haven't had any problems with my 7700K not being good enough feeding the 2080ti at 1440p. Is your 7700K delidded? I'm hoping I can get close to 5ghz with the nh-l12s and 120mm noctua fan installed as my 7700K does 5ghz stable at low vcore.

Reactions: Rinzler

readeh

Trash Compacter
Oct 25, 2018
received my case yesterday and it looks like it's flawless (need more time to try out the top hats) looks like I got a good one though.
the limestone with the copper top just looks amazing and kinda outshines the silver Dan case. Comparing it to my wife's Dan case there really isn't much size difference between the two and she actually thought the Ghost was the smaller case of the two because of the height as It just looks like a more "compact" and efficient case.

I'm happily surprised.

Rinzler

Cable Smoosher
Oct 5, 2018
I am in no way a computer expert but from what I've been hearing the i9 k series runs real hot so you will need a pretty beefy aio and also some air across your VRM's. From my experience with my case so far the 95w tdp was the limit for any air build. I also have the noctua d12 and on my i5-8600k overclocked to 4.7 on all cores i'm maxing at mid 90's on any gaming and prob throttling on any benchmarks like cinebench.

Just something to keep in mind if you go the i9 route. Depending on what your using it for i think i7 you have now is still more that powerful enough for most tasks.

Thank you for the info, helps me narrow down on were I can spend the money. So with you saying this, put buget towards new gpu and watercool or aio the build?