Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

Tech_Guy

Caliper Novice
Oct 15, 2018
Hey guys new to the forum, I stumbled across this case a couple days ago and really want to jump into this batch for my next rendering build. I currently have a Dan A4 and love the SFF but really regret the inability to do watercooling as temps really limit what I can do with it. Does anyone know if you could shoehorn a Swiftech H240X3 in this guy? I'd like to run a 240 Rad in a tophat on the bottom of the case, and possibly add the GPU (currently 1080ti) to the loop, was considering the Alphacool Eisbaer but the reviews showed the pump was on the weaker side and may not support a CPU+GPU loop very well.

If there's a small enough pump/reservoir around nowadays that I could do a custom loop without breaking the bank too badly I'm open to that idea as well. But prefer to only utilize one tophat at the moment in the event I end up waning to add another 240 rad later on. Currently debating between this guy and the Ncase M1 as the M1 looks like it may be able to house the WC components I'm wanting to use.

In Sweden a custom builder designed a resorvoir and bracket for the Case and they talked about to buy the design from him.

But at the moment they have all addons on ice.

Very limited space in this Case.

build logg:
https://www.sweclockers.com/forum/trad/1501740-louqe-ghost-s1-custom-loop-mods-by-faggan?p=1

Last edited:

Longbow072

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 25, 2018
Whats the skinny on the 20 series Nvidia cards like the 2070?

I'm running a founders 1080 on my current rig which performs fine, but to upgrade proof my current rig I'd love to know how this has been taken in to consideration? Specifically because these cards are bigger then the previous cards all the way around.

Nasp

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 17, 2017
Hey guys new to the forum, I stumbled across this case a couple days ago and really want to jump into this batch for my next rendering build. I currently have a Dan A4 and love the SFF but really regret the inability to do watercooling as temps really limit what I can do with it. Does anyone know if you could shoehorn a Swiftech H240X3 in this guy? I'd like to run a 240 Rad in a tophat on the bottom of the case, and possibly add the GPU (currently 1080ti) to the loop, was considering the Alphacool Eisbaer but the reviews showed the pump was on the weaker side and may not support a CPU+GPU loop very well.

If there's a small enough pump/reservoir around nowadays that I could do a custom loop without breaking the bank too badly I'm open to that idea as well. But prefer to only utilize one tophat at the moment in the event I end up waning to add another 240 rad later on. Currently debating between this guy and the Ncase M1 as the M1 looks like it may be able to house the WC components I'm wanting to use.

You could try the Alphacool Eisbaer LT. It has an integrated CPU block and pump like an AIO, but the fittings and tubes can be removed for expandability.

Reactions: D10S

Seid Dark

Chassis Packer
Oct 15, 2018
Whats the skinny on the 20 series Nvidia cards like the 2070?

I'm running a founders 1080 on my current rig which performs fine, but to upgrade proof my current rig I'd love to know how this has been taken in to consideration? Specifically because these cards are bigger then the previous cards all the way around.
Here's a list of RTX series two slot cards with a good cooler, they are on par or better than FE:

EVGA: Black, XC
Gigabyte: Windforce, Gaming OC
Palit: Dual, Gaming Pro (lacks idle fan stop feature)

Two slot coolers are having hard time with the massive heat output of the 2080 Ti, temps seem to be around 80C at the default fan curve. Of course if noise isn't an issue you can ramp the fans towards 100% and keep it at 70C or under.

There are no problems with the 2080 and the 2070.

Reactions: zacobin

Flyingpepper

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 8, 2018
In Sweden a custom builder designed a resorvoir and bracket for the Case and they talked about to buy the design from him.

build logg:
https://www.sweclockers.com/forum/trad/1501740-louqe-ghost-s1-custom-loop-mods-by-faggan?p=1

I REALLY hope a reservoir like this comes out soon.

I’ve also been eyeing the Alphacool AIO with built in pump / res that you can take apart and replace the tubings / fittings and expand.

caboose

Chassis Packer
Oct 17, 2018

build logg:

Thanks for that link, I don't know why I didn't even think to look for a CPU/Pump combo outside of one of the AIO's. An Apogee Drive II should work great if I decide to go that route. The reservoir would be nice to have but it's not a necessity and worst case scenario I just wait a bit until someone comes out with one or I figure out how to shoehorn one in.

As for those that have ordered, is the price calculated on their page including shipping or does that get added on later?

edrenmarc

Trash Compacter
Sep 28, 2017
Thanks for that link, I don't know why I didn't even think to look for a CPU/Pump combo outside of one of the AIO's. An Apogee Drive II should work great if I decide to go that route. The reservoir would be nice to have but it's not a necessity and worst case scenario I just wait a bit until someone comes out with one or I figure out how to shoehorn one in.

As for those that have ordered, is the price calculated on their page including shipping or does that get added on later?

The shipping usually shows up at checkout depending on where you live.

ckaym

Caliper Novice
Oct 14, 2018
They have 2.5 mm Aluminium and Steal spline same thickness it must feel like a Tank.

Think they maybe need it for the tophats if they gone with 1.5 mm instead it have been lighter in weight.

Even the bracket for Psu are 2.5 mm.

Yeah :/ that's too heavy. Not a problem if you don't take it out of home/office, but not good if you want to carry it often.
Just for comparison, I just put a basic frame (not yet complete case) with makerbeam's 1010 aluminium t-slot profiles (12*22*32cm - the final build would be little bigger because of radiators+fans at around 12*26*35cm) and it weight at just over 300gr and if plenty strong (I'm looking forward to compare with makeblock's low-profile 0808 & 0412 beams which should be even lighter and allow more mounting combinations).
Of course few brackets will be needed to mount the modo, gpu & psu and some grates/filters but with strong frame these don't need to be thick and heavy (not they need to cover the full surface of mobo or gpu for that matter)
My point is to compare for example:
Louqe S1 case + L-TopHat (3kg) and a full liquid cooling build (both CPU & GPU in the loop)
3cm thick 240 copper/brass radiator is about 700-800gr , and 4.5cm goes to 1200-1300gr
A copper/nickel GPU water-block alone can be up to a 1kg too.
So a heavy system would start from around 5.2kg (without mobo, gpu, psu, cpu-block, pump, pipes & cables, which should weight about the same anyway)

The light alternative can be under 1kg frame/case
two: 240 + 120 aluminiun radiators at 500gr both! (I plan to have the 240 on top, and the 120 at upper-front sides)
and aluminium GPU water-block at around 400gr
totals at around 1,900 gr (about 2.7 times lighter!)

With strong frame I plan to use dust-filters for most of the walls, so that should keep it very light and breathable.

So while there's a (custom DIY) option to go lightweight m-itx build at around 6kg for the whole system, but Louqe S1 isn't the one to use for that :/
Which is a shame because the Ghost S1 design is otherwise great!
Imo for the next phase they should go for fully modular case - since it's delivered IKEA-style and you have to assemble it anyway :)
So thinner walls with various sizes can be offered, and more perforated for higher air-flow and lower-weight. Also about 12cm wide case option would be great since for fully-water-cooled builds you don't need the extra width (as air coolers would need), but it can be a problem to find compatible backpack to carry it in (but 12-12.5cm can fit in most large-laptop backpacks).
a 14cm wide case can also be used for water-cooled builds with 140 fans/rads (though that currently can only be heavy build since there're no 140mm based alu-kits :/)

leecm

Caliper Novice
Oct 2, 2018
Great pictures! The cases look awesome. I'm a little bummed that I didn't get the copper grill, but I think I'll be fine with the standard black grill with my Limestone case.

The pictures kind of confirm for me that the large tophat looks odd on the Ghost. I think it's just too tall in relation to the case size. It's not horrible, and I may still use it (I bought the 3-pack) but I'm considering just using standard CPU cooling and using a s/m tophat for additional storage/fans. The small and medium tophats actually look really nice on the Ghost, IMO.

gridds

Case Bender
Oct 19, 2018
Anyone have a good reference image of the pangaea color? Some images it appears dark similar to the renders and in others it appears lighter, not sure if this is a drastic lighting difference.

Tech_Guy

Caliper Novice
Oct 15, 2018
Anyone have a good reference image of the pangaea color? Some images it appears dark similar to the renders and in others it appears lighter, not sure if this is a drastic lighting difference.

They have change the Color on Pangea and is like Braun, Gold, Green blend and lighter.

Asked Patrik for more pitchures to share and maybe get them up on webpage so they no what they get when they order the case

Tech_Guy

Caliper Novice
Oct 15, 2018
The Pitchures dont give the correct image Patrik sayed and are better in reality only answer i got.

Last edited:

Nasp

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 17, 2017
The pictures kind of confirm for me that the large tophat looks odd on the Ghost. I think it's just too tall in relation to the case size. It's not horrible, and I may still use it (I bought the 3-pack) but I'm considering just using standard CPU cooling and using a s/m tophat for additional storage/fans. The small and medium tophats actually look really nice on the Ghost, IMO.

I've been thinking the same thing for a while now. Maybe the large tophat on the Ghost will look better in person. I wonder if they offered a 10mm smaller large tophat if that would look better. You could still use an AIO, but it would have to be with 15mm fans.

Tech_Guy

Caliper Novice
Oct 15, 2018
I've been thinking the same thing for a while now. Maybe the large tophat on the Ghost will look better in person. I wonder if they offered a 10mm smaller large tophat if that would look better. You could still use an AIO, but it would have to be with 15mm fans.

If i go for Large Tophat i have fitted it in the Bottom of the Case and much easier to open side panels to or top grill.

Nasp

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 17, 2017
If i go for Large Tophat i have fitted it in the Bottom of the Case and much easier to open side panels to or top grill.

I did think about this, but won't that hurt temperatures? If in push config, there's not much room for air to escape out the bottom because the feet are shallow, and if in pull, won't you be putting all of that hot air up into the case, which would cause the GPU temperature to suffer?

Guess it won't be too hard to test it. Would take a few minutes to flip the case over.