Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

wywywywy

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 12, 2016
So the early bird price doesn't include a hat, right?

But then how much is each of the hats to buy on its own?

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017
The Kickstarter says they all come with a tophat of your choosing.
We made a mistake, therefor all early bird deals now have the TopHats included. Essentially this means you got an additional discount on top. Sorry for the miscommunication and confusion.

watts9967

Case Bender
New User
Apr 19, 2017
I've found this and thought i'd take my first punt at backing this:
http://www.louqe.com/ghost.html

What looks clever with this, is there is an optional "tophat" with the larger one looking to be big enough to fit some AIO radiators.

I'll have to see if it actually comes to anything.

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Yeah they've been advertising here for about a month and the Kickstarter went live yesterday. If you're interested in one, you'd best go back them. If they don't meet their goal, no case unfortunately : (

Nosuchthing

Trash Compacter
Feb 27, 2017
We made a mistake, therefor all early bird deals now have the TopHats included. Essentially this means you got an additional discount on top. Sorry for the miscommunication and confusion.

No apologies necessary.

Although, how do we let you know the Top Hat we want?

Kingtron

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 15, 2017
Can I fit the HYDRO GFX GTX 1080 Ti from "MSI / Corsair" in this case ? using the L top hat ?

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/hydro-gfx-gtx-1080-ti-liquid-cooled-graphics-card

• Dimension
    • Card: 269 x 111 x 35 mm
    • Cooler: 151 x 120 x 52 mm
    • Tube: 330 x 10.6 mm

Last edited:
Reactions: Biowarejak

gffermari

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 7, 2017
It has been asked before and the answer is no. The problem is that the tubes are on the top of the card and not at the extension of it like the Fury X.

- The Ghost S1 is designed for one set of tubing, two sets have not been tested. A hybrid GPU often has pipes coming from the top making them to high to fit underneath the "FleXDeck"/"Creative Platfoem". However, a large demand for this will result in production of a specialized version of this component that has an opening for GPU-pipes.

Reactions: Kingtron

PaChalski

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
LOUQE
Mar 15, 2017

K888D

SFF Guru
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
I was just reading through the comments on your [H] thread, allot of people are suggesting that you need the case to have a video review by a tech channel to gain some campaign traction.

I agree, but I don't think you will have time unless you have already started this process and shipped the prototype out to a tech channel at least a week ago? I imagine that 20 days is quite a short time for a reviewer to plan, shoot, edit and release a video. It then needs some time to get watched by the public and for those views to then translate into sales.

If I were you I would concentrate on putting your own video together, even if its just one of your guys holding the case in his hand sat at a desk and explaining its features, maybe tied in with a section of a fully built and working system, perhaps playing some games with it.

Someone once told me - It takes the average person 14 days to purchase a high value item from the point of making the original decision they want to buy something new.

For example, you might get paid at the end of the month, that same day you decide you want to buy a new TV, you then research the market for a few days, have a think, change your mind, research some more, make a decision, take a few days to pluck up the courage or convince the wife. By the time you've actually made the purchase its the middle of the next month.

I think you need something to happen now, not near the end of the campaign. That being said, I wish you the best luck and I hope the campaign is a success, its a really nice case.

wywywywy

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 12, 2016
Agreed. ^^^^

Also, although I am a backer, I am very concerned by not seeing more pics/vids of the prototype, other than those very few on the Instagram, especially with different components inside.

Reactions: Nikko

popo2076

Chassis Packer
Apr 15, 2017
I really want to buy this case because of design completion.
I hope kickstarter campaign sucess!
but goal is too high compare to release day..

neilhart

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 18, 2017
Hummm... just received a email which indicates that the Kickstarter project has been shutdown. Not a good thing for those of us that wanted this case.

Neil

Reactions: Biowarejak