Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

nap

Minimal Tinkerer
Nov 11, 2018
Thanks for your feedback and oh yeah i forgot to mention, I want to buy the tophat pack as well for future changes like maybe watercooling, more ssds or airflow. I first had chosen the NH-L12 because of the test results from louqe, but my mind somehow says the nh-l12 is deprecated XD dont know why. SATA SSD for me is enough.
Because of the additional hard drive, and maybe its a good information to share: I asked Louqe if there is room for a hard drive AND a fan and they told me that "there is another mounting position behind the PSU where you can install an SSD". Or do you think it's not a good idea to install the hard drive because of the airflow?

Beardedswede

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2018
Thanks for your feedback and oh yeah i forgot to mention, I want to buy the tophat pack as well for future changes like maybe watercooling, more ssds or airflow. I first had chosen the NH-L12 because of the test results from louqe, but my mind somehow says the nh-l12 is deprecated XD dont know why. SATA SSD for me is enough.
Because of the additional hard drive, and maybe its a good information to share: I asked Louqe if there is room for a hard drive AND a fan and they told me that "there is another mounting position behind the PSU where you can install an SSD". Or do you think it's not a good idea to install the hard drive because of the airflow?
With L12L you also get a extra fan to use in your build.
It's a better cooler so go for it. Im not sure it has a bracket for your socket though. Double check that.

I would consider just going with a big sata ssd (not m.2) and then you can add a m.2 in the future if needed. Or even a hard drive under the psu and have the ssd behind the psu. I just don't like harddrives.
And then have a small or medium tophat with two fans. I don't think you should go with a large tophat. It's a bit overkill but mainly AIO are less reliable and higher cost.

dumplinknet

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 26, 2018
Those on the slack page, what is the update for US shipment? Is it already in Amazon's possession? Or are the cases just sitting somewhere waiting to be transported? To where? What's the ETA on delivery to resident's doors?

brt02

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 3, 2018
Those on the slack page, what is the update for US shipment? Is it already in Amazon's possession? Or are the cases just sitting somewhere waiting to be transported? To where? What's the ETA on delivery to resident's doors?

no further updates. should be with amazon today according to last message sent

Nasp

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 17, 2017
Louqe just sent an email. brt02 is correct. US shipments should be with Amazon today and I'm assuming they will be leaving quickly after arrival.

neilhart

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 18, 2017
Just into my "in box":

"We are currently receiving many mails from all over the world asking about their shipment status. We thought it would be best to let you all know what the status us with the different shipments. We understand the frustration out there and greatly appreciate your patience. We are getting so close to delivering all the cases and soon we will all be able to catch that good vibe!

We are shipping the cases in three different batches

1. “US” a batch shipment to Amazon US that will distribute all the orders in north and south America

Arriving at Amazon fulfillment centers 2018-11-12

2. “EU” a batch shipment to Sweden, from where all the orders in Europe will be shipped

At distribution center and most likely sent out this week

3. “Direct” a batch of direct shipments that will go to directly from factory to the rest of the world

All direct shipments will be sent out between 17th and 19th November according to the factory

So, we are now looking at a scenario where most cases will arrive at the same time, tracking information will be sent out a couple of days before the arrival of the order. If anyone need to update their shipping details, now is the very last chance.

Thank you // LOUQE TEAM "

greyhound

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 21, 2018
31/10
"europe: passed customs and being trucked to the distribution center today"

12/11
not a single case has been shipped yet

how is that even possible?

greyhound

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 21, 2018
You can always email them if you are so curious. But I'm pretty sure they explain it ones or twice.
from today Q&A
" I have spoken to CapTech twice today to understand their time plan but not gotten a clear answer yet. I really hope to see them being shipped out this week"

so the explanation is an "i don't know"

Edit: he said later that he will try to ask them again tomorrow...we will see

Last edited:
Reactions: SeeFiFo

Randolf

Caliper Novice
Sep 14, 2018
Dear Wise community,

I'm a bit torned on whether to go Open air style or blower style GPU for the Ghost S1 after watching videos such as Bitwit's test results showing a blower style GPU being more quiet and cool in a SFF. I asked Louqe and they said they had designed the case with open style GPU in mind. What would you go for ?! Open or Blower ??

fleetfeather

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 20, 2017
Dear Wise community,

I'm a bit torned on whether to go Open air style or blower style GPU for the Ghost S1 after watching videos such as Bitwit's test results showing a blower style GPU being more quiet and cool in a SFF. I asked Louqe and they said they had designed the case with open style GPU in mind. What would you go for ?! Open or Blower ??

Probably best to ask owners in the Dan A4 forum - they should have substantial experience in this matter

Tech_Guy

Caliper Novice
Oct 15, 2018
Dear Wise community,

I have 1080 Strix in my DAN A4 Case today and will move this one to my Ghost S1.

My gpu are cool and quiet in the Dan A4.

Falim

Cable Smoosher
Nov 1, 2018
Dear Wise community,

Blower is good if you don't have access to fresh air. We'll have to wait for testing of course but I'm pretty sure blowers will be hotter and louder.

Saici

Caliper Novice
Mar 25, 2017
Probably best to ask owners in the Dan A4 forum - they should have substantial experience in this matter
Dan A4 Owner here, getting a Blower Founders 1080 was a mistake; It's noisy, it's hot and I'm stuck with it.
I really advise against getting a blower - Bigger heatsinks, especially FTW3, are going to handle the heat much more efficient.