Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Ok, maybe his will be better, but I'm working on it as well! :cool: (Maybe when it will arrive I can try the rigid tubing? Let's see!

Randolf

Caliper Novice
Sep 14, 2018
Dan A4 Owner here, getting a Blower Founders 1080 was a mistake; It's noisy, it's hot and I'm stuck with it.
I really advise against getting a blower - Bigger heatsinks, especially FTW3, are going to handle the heat much more efficient.

Thanks for sharing your experience. Tremendous help with our GPU decisions. I saw Louqe using the EVGA 2080ti XC on their Twitter, I think I'll be safe going with the EVGA 2070 XC..

Diverge

Chassis Packer
Oct 23, 2018
Dan A4 Owner here, getting a Blower Founders 1080 was a mistake; It's noisy, it's hot and I'm stuck with it.
I really advise against getting a blower - Bigger heatsinks, especially FTW3, are going to handle the heat much more efficient.

I've had the same experience with a Dan A4 and a Titan X pascal. So much better after switching to an 2080TI FE. No more leaf blower.

leecm

Caliper Novice
Oct 2, 2018
So I just received the following email from Louqe and I'm trying to determine what this actually means. Does it mean that my package wasn't sent to an amazon fulfillment center? Does it mean that my shipment will be delayed again?

—————————

Why have I been moved to Direct shipments?
We have received many mails from you with the same question and it has been discussed and explained on Slack.

Some of you were expecting to be in EU or US shipment but ended up in direct shipments. If you are receiving this mail you are one of those who might be wondering.

The reason you are included in direct shipments is that you have paid for one or more components using PayPal. Back in August we got informed that PayPal had frozen our funds and that they would be release after the orders had been fulfilled. This created a huge problem for us and jeopardized the entire project.

The solution was to bump you to Direct shipments to ensure faster delivery and consequently, a faster release of the funds. It was supposed to be a happy surprise but in hindsight we didn’t achieve that effect. Instead, it currently looks like all orders will be fulfilled at the same time.

We are not trying to point fingers or blame anyone, it is simply what happened, and we feel we needed to explain.

You will shortly receive the tracking information for your UPS shipment.

Thank you // LOUQE TEAM

Reactions: Phuncz

zacobin

Trash Compacter
Oct 31, 2017
So I just received the following email from Louqe and I'm trying to determine what this actually means. Does it mean that my package wasn't sent to an amazon fulfillment center? Does it mean that my shipment will be delayed again?

—————————

Why have I been moved to Direct shipments?
We have received many mails from you with the same question and it has been discussed and explained on Slack.

Some of you were expecting to be in EU or US shipment but ended up in direct shipments. If you are receiving this mail you are one of those who might be wondering.

The reason you are included in direct shipments is that you have paid for one or more components using PayPal. Back in August we got informed that PayPal had frozen our funds and that they would be release after the orders had been fulfilled. This created a huge problem for us and jeopardized the entire project.

The solution was to bump you to Direct shipments to ensure faster delivery and consequently, a faster release of the funds. It was supposed to be a happy surprise but in hindsight we didn’t achieve that effect. Instead, it currently looks like all orders will be fulfilled at the same time.

We are not trying to point fingers or blame anyone, it is simply what happened, and we feel we needed to explain.

You will shortly receive the tracking information for your UPS shipment.

Thank you // LOUQE TEAM

Partially correct, it means that your order was changed from bulk US or EU shipment to direct shipment and will not be delivered on the same schedule as the rest of those regions. Instead, it will be shipped directly from the factory when that lot is ready which, according to Patrik on the slack, should be within a week.

zacobin

Trash Compacter
Oct 31, 2017
I`m asking myself as well, what this means at the end of the day.
The only thing I know is that they allways create more ??? than there where before.
Direct shipment means it will be sent from China?
How long does this take? Takes 4-5Weeks or what? And will be shiped in how many weeks? My case is not even produced yet???
Does this mean I have to import it?
What a f.... trip??? ((shaking head))
And they know this since today!!!
I`m definitly not happy.

If you follow the updates all these questions are clear.

1. Direct shipments are from the factory itself.
2. Shipment selected was 2 day
3. It is supposed to ship next week
4. LOUQE is going to value the item so you don't get taxed

@analpowderif your email says direct your case should be sent 17-19 Nov and take 3-4 days to arrive. I say should because it is what the factory has committed to this time, but they have let us down before

newtothegame

Average Stuffer
Sep 1, 2018
My gods and goddesses, Louqe seems to be encountering problem at each and every step of the production process, there isn't a week in which we don't learn of a new issue or screw-up (and that should be unusual taking into account their poor communication). I would feel sorry for them if they hadn't raised the price for the second batch by so much, I get they want to increase their profits or recover some losses but first they need to recover some credibility and reliability. Who's gonna want to buy a Ghost after all this?

Reactions: 92MPAU

SeeFiFo

Average Stuffer
May 14, 2017
I would feel sorry for them if they hadn't raised the price for the second batch by so much, I get they want to increase their profits or recover some losses but first they need to recover some credibility and reliability.

This was no surprise, at least not to me, since it's been pretty clear from the start that the Kickstarter backers got a special lower price, and the "raised" price of subsequent batches are actually the regular price.