Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

rommel671

Trash Compacter
Aug 2, 2018
I got a response and they fixed my tophat order!

I look forward to moving my DAN A4 build into this case with proper cooling. My current build (8700K/1080Ti) is constantly getting heat soaked under heavy load.

I hope a 240 mm AIO CLC at the top and some 120 mm fans at the bottom will finally solve my issues.
what kind of aircooling you using on your dan a4?

jaagdijot

Trash Compacter
Jan 29, 2018
Curious about this as well. As this might be my build in the Ghost.

Alright, don't laugh at me guys!

I am running a noctua NH-L9i on a delidded 8700K with thermal grizzly conductonaut between the die and IHS. I am using thermal grizzly kryonaut on top of the IHS.

The CPU is undervolted a bit and I haven't lowered the clock speed yet. Temps are fine for gaming on the CPU, but once I do anything more intensive like CPU based rendering/encoding it does get uncomfortable. I have hit the TJmax while doing this at times, but never while gaming.

I think you will actually be fine in the ghost with air cooling using something like a notcua NH-L9x65 or NH-L12. You might be able to get a decent OC provided you delid the 8700K.

I am hoping in the ghost with an AIO CLC I can OC this thing and do it some justice. :)

Reactions: Biowarejak

Beardedswede

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2018

I am running a noctua NH-L9i on a delidded 8700K with thermal grizzly conductonaut between the die and IHS. I am using thermal grizzly kryonaut on top of the IHS.

The CPU is undervolted a bit and I haven't lowered the clock speed yet. Temps are fine for gaming on the CPU, but once I do anything more intensive like CPU based rendering/encoding it does get uncomfortable. I have hit the TJmax while doing this at times, but never while gaming.

I think you will actually be fine in the ghost with air cooling using something like a notcua NH-L9x65 or NH-L12. You might be able to get a decent OC provided you delid the 8700K.

I am hoping in the ghost with an AIO CLC I can OC this thing and do it some justice. :)

and you are sure you have done it correctly? If you have for example used silicone to attach the IHS, many avoid doing that so they keep it tight, and don't get to much silicone and really poor performance. for example.

L-12 is a lot better then L9i if you check the tests :)
Otherwise you always have the option of watercooling is probably the way to go when overclocking. Would probably otherwise help with a small tophat and more fans.

jaagdijot

Trash Compacter
Jan 29, 2018
and you are sure you have done it correctly? If you have for example used silicone to attach the IHS, many avoid doing that so they keep it tight, and don't get to much silicone and really poor performance. for example.

L-12 is a lot better then L9i if you check the tests :)
Otherwise you always have the option of watercooling is probably the way to go when overclocking. Would probably otherwise help with a small tophat and more fans.

I bought a higher binned/delidded 8700K from Silicon Lottery last year.

Again, the temperatures are perfectly fine for gaming (around 55-60 C). The issue I am having, for example, is when you are doing something more intensive and continuous on the CPU (eg. overnight type encodes).

Most people don't notice this because they'll run a synthetic test for less than 15-30 minutes, or just have brief periods where the CPU utilization is at 100% based upon their workflow. I don't think you necessarily saturate your cooling system in these kinds of "brief" scenarios.

But at any rate, I have ordered a large tophat for the top for the 240 mm AIO CLC and a bottom medium tophat for intake fans. I don't anticipate I will have any more cooling issues and I can probably get a solid 5 GHz - 5.2 GHz type OC in the Ghost.

Edit: temps

Last edited:

deadline

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 9, 2018

Thanks! Got me scared a second there, as I plan to air cool a Ryzen 2700x w/ the NH-L12 :p

Bangle

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 12, 2018
Thanks! Got me scared a second there, as I plan to air cool a Ryzen 2700x w/ the NH-L12 :p
With the ryzen 2700x you may need a pair of regular 120mm fans, top mounted. The 2700x is a 105w TDP part and noctua only recommend using the L12 in a case with good ventilation. I know the case is well vented, but even minimal increases in airflow can significantly improve cooling. I doubt a 2700x with the L12(92mm) fan will be able to handle encoding/rendering work loads. Gaming may be, but it will run hot. I have a 1700x, couple of noctua A12x25 fans, and i've just received my L12. At 800 - 1,100 rpm the noctua A12 fans are silent to dead quite on my current AIO. So i'm going to run them at this speed with a medium tophat, when gaming, and off when general usage. Whilst Louqe's charts on different tophat configs (page 1 of this thread) shows peak temps to be roughly the same between no tophat and a medium tophat with fans, the average temps are somewhat lower, and the peak fan speeds are also somewhat lower too. So running top mounted fans will probably reduce overall system noise when the system gets a full workout.

My slight concern is that the 92mm fan on the L12 doesn't cover about 20 - 25% of the heatsink, so the effective cooling of the L12 is significantly reduced. So having top mounted fans will at least provide some airflow to be top of the heatsink.

just my 2 cents.

SeeFiFo

Average Stuffer
May 14, 2017
With the ryzen 2700x you may need a pair of regular 120mm fans, top mounted. The 2700x is a 105w TDP part and noctua only recommend using the L12 in a case with good ventilation. I know the case is well vented, but even minimal increases in airflow can significantly improve cooling. I doubt a 2700x with the L12(92mm) fan will be able to handle encoding/rendering work loads. Gaming may be, but it will run hot.

Yup, that's why a 240mm AIO (and an L tophat) is my backup plan if my L12 won't be able to cool the 2700X well enough. Since I'll mainly be gaming I think I'll be fine, but we'll see.

Reactions: Bangle

rommel671

Trash Compacter
Aug 2, 2018
Another goodnews!

FRIENDS - TIME FORLAST CHECK OF ORDERSAND ADDRESSES
We are excited to say that we will start packing your orders next week and need to do a final check before we start.

We have updated many addresses and orders along the way. Last night we froze the orders and are getting ready to start packing. But before that, we need you to help us double check everything to eliminate any mistakes that might have slipped through.

After everything has been packed we will ship the goods to different distributions centers that will cary your package the last miles. During this last leg of the shipment you will receive a tracking number that you can use to follow your package.

Expect to receive the package late September

WHAT WE NEED YOU TO DO

1. Thoroughly go through your order on the left and let us know if you find any errors ONLY

2. Thoroughly go through your shipping address that we have noted down for you and let us know if you find any errors ONLY

If there is anything you need to be updated, please reply to this mail.

THANK you all for your support and patience!

// LOUQE TEAM

Last edited:

neilhart

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 18, 2017
Yes that email arrived a few minutes ago. It is now very late August and they are saying “Expect to receive the package late September”. Humm… I expect that we will see another schedule slip.

Neil

Reactions: rommel671

v6mikey

Case Bender
Aug 30, 2018
Just joined up to say that I have been watching this thread for a while. I ordered on the Kickstarter and I was starting to think that I’d never see this case. I have just received the email for the last check of order and addresses. So now getting excited.

I have been slowly collecting parts. I’m going to use it to replace an Acer Revo One that I use as an htpc. I’m not going all out on parts, just something that will get me gaming on the big screen as well as 4K tv streaming.

I have picked up a mini GTX1060 6GB in the hope that I can fit a 3.5” hdd in the rest of space that a normal long graphics card would take up. If not I have ordered the top hat pack.

Reactions: 3lfk1ng

Beardedswede

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2018
Just joined up to say that I have been watching this thread for a while. I ordered on the Kickstarter and I was starting to think that I’d never see this case. I have just received the email for the last check of order and addresses. So now getting excited.

I have been slowly collecting parts. I’m going to use it to replace an Acer Revo One that I use as an htpc. I’m not going all out on parts, just something that will get me gaming on the big screen as well as 4K tv streaming.

I have picked up a mini GTX1060 6GB in the hope that I can fit a 3.5” hdd in the rest of space that a normal long graphics card would take up. If not I have ordered the top hat pack.
Or you can invest in a 2,5* harddrive, or SSD ;) depending on your size requirement of course.

v6mikey

Case Bender
Aug 30, 2018
Or you can invest in a 2,5* harddrive, or SSD ;) depending on your size requirement of course.

I have a 500gb ssd for the os and other programs and an 8tb hdd ready for this build. The Acer I have has 4tb available in 2x2tb 2.5” drives, but they are full, hence the need for more storage.

Hifihedgehog

Editor-in-chief of SFFPC.review
May 3, 2016
www.sffpc.review
I have a quick question for the forum staff (@confusis et al.). Has SSFLAB ever yet pursued a partnership with Louqe in the sale and/or distribution of the Ghost S1? Someone pointed this out on Reddit:
If I were them I'd be looking for a distribution deal. These look to be the best sff cases on the market atm.

Last edited:

greyhound

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 21, 2018
I have a quick question for the forum staff (@confusis et al.). Has SSFLAB ever yet pursued a partnership with Louqe in the sale and/or distribution of the Ghost S1? Someone pointed this out on Reddit:
Well the ssflab uses lian li factories to make their cases and probably lian li logistic to ship them.
This would be impossible as lian li doesn t have the tools to make the ghost that is/will be make/shipped from a different factory

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Well the ssflab uses lian li factories to make their cases and probably lian li logistic to ship them.
This would be impossible as lian li doesn t have the tools to make the ghost that is/will be make/shipped from a different factory

SFFLAB and SFFN are completely separate, so confusis is not the person to ask.

I spoke with PaChalski a few times, we are waiting for the first batch to be sent before exploring collaboration.

We prefer to have unique variants for SFFLAB in general, so a unique Ghost variant is preferred.

I have reviewed the CAD, I prefer some changes in the design, in which case, it’s probably better for us to manufacture this collaborated variant than their current factory (and no it’s will not be done at Lian Li).

Last edited:

Hifihedgehog

Editor-in-chief of SFFPC.review
May 3, 2016
www.sffpc.review
That is fantastic news! I am glad SFFLAB has been already evaluating this opportunity this early in the game. I hope to see something extraordinary materialize from this since I see SFFLAB as so much more to the entire SFF case community. In my mind, SFFLAB has the potential to be a more commanding, unified voice--more powerful than divided, when these case makers band together to sell each of their compelling works under one common roof. Together, as more and more companies take notice and take part, I see SFFLAB's melting pot of innovation being the catalyst that sparks greater innovation in SFF case design across the entire industry.