The space inefficiency thread

XNine

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 11, 2022
Some people just don't take pride in their $3k machines and slap things together like this. At least drill a hole for that tube instead of sticking it through a fan hole.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
And ... uh ... that top rad is plumbed in through its fill/drain port? Meaning that unless they're connecting both ports on the other end, only half of it actually sees any water flowing through it? o_O

XNine

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 11, 2022
And ... uh ... that top rad is plumbed in through its fill/drain port? Meaning that unless they're connecting both ports on the other end, only half of it actually sees any water flowing through it? o_O
Dude... it's a Monsta rad... which makes that half being used as effective as a regular 30mm rad... right..... right?!

• Haha
Reactions: Valantar

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
I mean, come on, you don't want to make life easy for your fans, do you? Have them fight each other! Yeah! That's what the cool kids do.

Seriously though, why does that case even have more fans than the ones on the radiator?

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
At that point it would be better to just use a 2U or 4U server chassis. Why would you need a case that big?
It's a throwback to late 90s-early 2000s full tower cases. My family had one of those, it was gigantic and really weird. Proportions match, but this is sized like a modern case (read: much wider), so it's overall much wider again.

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
It's a throwback to late 90s-early 2000s full tower cases. My family had one of those, it was gigantic and really weird. Proportions match, but this is sized like a modern case (read: much wider), so it's overall much wider again.
I remember those, but they were not empty in those ancient times ;)

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
I mean, we can't be too harsh, at least half the case has some kind of component in or close to it, right?

Edit: /s, in case that wasn't clear. Guess I forgot :p

Oh, btw, is that a Wii/Wii U light bar on top of their monitor? Looks like it's got a few defective LEDs in it too.

That this person has the most explicitly "I'm an AMD fan" build - including apparently having bought both an RX 5700 XT 50th anniversary edition and a 6700XT - but have left the G-sync sticker on their monitor bezel is also a tad fascinating to me :p

Last edited:
Reactions: rfarmer