The space inefficiency thread

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
bUt tHe aIrFlOw!!1!1!!🤡

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Also, please note the pressure balance: twelve exhaust fans v. just five intake fans, two of which are on a radiator (behind what I presume is a glass front panel, but I might be wrong there) and the other three of which "take in" air from a ~1cm gap above the carpet. Anything doing useful work in this build could fit into a Meshlicious, likely with the same (or better) thermals.

And that poor sagging gpu :( Heck, the gpu in my nodded Optiplex is mounted better than that.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Also, please note the pressure balance: twelve exhaust fans v. just five intake fans, two of which are on a radiator (behind what I presume is a glass front panel, but I might be wrong there) and the other three of which "take in" air from a ~1cm gap above the carpet. Anything doing useful work in this build could fit into a Meshlicious, likely with the same (or better) thermals.

And that poor sagging gpu :( Heck, the gpu in my nodded Optiplex is mounted better than that.
Reminds me of this video from Gamers Nexus.

XNine

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 11, 2022
The top rad being outside the "chassis" killed me XD ...

Sooooooo, I know this is like 9 months later...but I just found this thread.

Having worked at CL for 5 years, I can tell you, without a doubt, that it hurts my heart, my soul (if there's such a thing), to see rads outside of that case. The TX10 was a godamn behemoth. You could nearly fit 2 grown men inside that case on either side of the divider. There's zero reason in this or any universe to put a rad outside that case.

I cannot even remember how many screws that thing took, but I remember having to manually count them out to bag them one time and I thought to myself "this is punishment for something I've done. This might literally be my hell..." Still, it was a testament to the engineering and materials that this thing only weighed 70lbs. For reference, the Corsair 1000D weighs 60lbs and was like 148 LITERS. The TX10 had a volume of 360 LITERS! And that's WITHOUT additional pedestals on top or bottom....

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Sooooooo, I know this is like 9 months later...but I just found this thread.

Having worked at CL for 5 years, I can tell you, without a doubt, that it hurts my heart, my soul (if there's such a thing), to see rads outside of that case. The TX10 was a godamn behemoth. You could nearly fit 2 grown men inside that case on either side of the divider. There's zero reason in this or any universe to put a rad outside that case.

I cannot even remember how many screws that thing took, but I remember having to manually count them out to bag them one time and I thought to myself "this is punishment for something I've done. This might literally be my hell..." Still, it was a testament to the engineering and materials that this thing only weighed 70lbs. For reference, the Corsair 1000D weighs 60lbs and was like 148 LITERS. The TX10 had a volume of 360 LITERS! And that's WITHOUT additional pedestals on top or bottom....
With a case that huge, you might have been better off switching to just measuring out screws by weight 😅

• Haha
Reactions: Soul_Est and XNine

XNine

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 11, 2022
With a case that huge, you might have been better off switching to just measuring out screws by weight 😅

Thankfully that was the last one we sold as it had been discontinued, and it fell to me as we were short staffed that day. I really miss the days of enthusiast level cases.... It seems Lian Li, Silverstone, and InWin have all gone mass-produced. Which is a shame. I hate stamped out steel cases. They just feel so.... cheap.

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
It seems Lian Li, Silverstone, and InWin have all gone mass-produced. Which is a shame. I hate stamped out steel cases. They just feel so.... cheap.
My 1st non-cheap chassis had been a Lian-Li PC-V1200, 2 decades ago. It felt so nice compared to thin stamped chassis.

I don't get that feeling from their recent lineups. The last one was my "weird" PC-V353.

You have to get artisan/boutique case for that.

• Love
Reactions: rfarmer and XNine

XNine

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 11, 2022
My 1st non-cheap chassis had been a Lian-Li PC-V1200, 2 decades ago. It felt so nice compared to thin stamped chassis.

I don't get that feeling from their recent lineups. The last one was my "weird" PC-V353.

You have to get artisan/boutique case for that.
OH MAN, the V1200, V2000, A+ Black Pearl (pretty much same thing as the V2000) were all SUCH beautiful chassis, along with many more. *swoons in nostalgia*

I'm waiting for the Protolyth Slate case to replace my CaseLabs Mercury S3 I've had since 2014.... It's been THAT long since I've found a case that met my unrealistic expectations, lol.

Reactions: thelaughingman

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
That's the O11 Air Mini, right? Guess it just goes to show just how oversized most cases are for the average build these days - that's supposed to be compact! In the builder's defense, at least they're using a 3.5" HDD, so there is something in that rear chamber other than the PSU. But still, man, the case lives up to its name if nothing else. Air. And not much else!