The space inefficiency thread

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
You already have EVGA with all the 3 slot itx cards.

EVGA in a month:

We know that SFF is becoming more popular, so we're expanding out lineup of ITX length GPU's!

And so we'd like to introduce the EVGA 2080Ti Mini Cool 3XTREME GAM3R Edition!
With almost 30lbs of solid copper heatsinks, and two dozen fans, this is the coolest ITX card ever!
And of course, it includes industry leading, performance enhancing RGB!

DImensions: standard GPU height, 170 mm (length) and yes mm (depth)
The volume will be yes Liters.

Yours for only $yes! (RGB control DLC an extra $yes)!

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
Or Razer and its RGB toaster. They could really do a 7 slots RGB toaster

I had to look it up. THANK GOD it's an april fool's joke.

We'll settle for 3 slot gpu and a 4 slot RGB toaster please... now your gpu can toast your slices while rendering! The fan will only spin when you're not toasting anything, win win!

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
The whole concept of this Xigmatek Zeus chassis is an ode to space inefficiency (98.82L) ... and it has plenty of RGB too ....

Reactions: riba2233

BikingViking11

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 10, 2019
From a FB group I'm in.

The guy spent an inordinate amount of money on specialty 3/8" copper fittings and was bragging about it. When others chimed in that he would've been better off to bend the tubing instead he got a bit defensive. While I didn't dogpile with the rest of them I'm left wondering what the big deal is. All I'm seeing is a huge amount of wasted space and a decently executed but very plain plywood box.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
But wait, there's more...

I'm also going to take back my "decently executed" assessment of the woodwork (It has quite a few structural and workmanship issues). As a professional carpenter, the more I look at it, the more I think it looks like the underside of a sink or a mechanical room.
I would really like to measure the voltage drop over that EPS cable. A quick online calculator tells me it should be along the lines of .2V (based on >1m 18AWG cable with four parallel lines), which is quite significant.

Also, that I/O shield cutout made me cringe so much. And why is the GPU placed where it is? I guess it's not close enough to the glass for that to matter (and I'm guessing it's going to be water cooled), but still, why? The placement doesn't even look good, it's just placed asymmetrically in the middle of nowhere, with a drooping extension cable and no real support. Looking forward to significant GPU sag (and possibly a bent rear I/O plate) when the weight of a water block is added. Then there's the use of an ATX board not only for one expansion card, but with no real way of adding more than one, as there are no cutouts for them. And those crooked copper lines! The installed cable routing stuff also makes me think they're not going to paint the inside of the case, which just makes this all the more baffling.