The space inefficiency thread

jØrd

S̳C̳S̳I̳ ̳f̳o̳r̳ ̳l̳i̳f̳e̳
sudocide.dev
SFFn Staff
Gold Supporter
LOSIAS
Jul 19, 2015
a slightly easier approach might be to take something like the Gum Stix Stage Coach. It doesn't solve the need for a switch to network between the carrier boards or some form of power distribution between the carrier boards either but each Stage Coach can take 7 Gum Stix boards and handles networking and power distribution between those 7 boards.

Reactions: iFreilicht

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
https://www.techpowerup.com/228736/asus-announces-the-rog-xg-station-2-external-graphics-enclosure

Reactions: Soul_Est and Phuncz

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
The ROG logo counts as a dragon head on top of an ammo crate and ROG fans only need red, the other colors are for lewzers or so I've heard. You know, it used to be blue was the color of gamers about 10 years ago, so should I invest in green LED producing company stock for in 5 years ?

Ceros_X

King of Cable Management
Mar 8, 2016
I saw the pic... power plug, ether net port, usb ports, PCI-E plate - must be a computer! Nope, just a graphics card bay pretending to be one. Ugh.

Reactions: Soul_Est

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I can't even begin to imagine why it would be that large for a single GPU. Maybe there's room for a keyboard and mouse.

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Yeah I bought that fan a couple years ago and thought the same thing. I actually felt a bit guilty for buying it when I saw the sheer amount of packaging excess.

Reactions: Soul_Est

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I'd like to think the larger metropolises have these. It could also just be job security or a completionist in command.

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
Jup, pretty certain I've seen noctuas in smaller PC hardware shops in Munich. But those are pretty awful in terms of stock and selection, and most have closed down in the last years. They don't stand a chance against amazon and the likes. The only hardware shops that survive are the ones that are directly attached to a big online store.