Take it like a man and post a pic!

:)
Okay, but I'll hide it in a spoiler button because it's so confronting:

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015

That's a great looking rig, it's really striking in red & black.
No shame involved there in my opinion! It's UNDER 20L and ATX!!! Compared to the dreaded Evolv ITX and Manta it's tiny.
Maybe an mATX motherboard would have been less acceptable in terms of inefficiency, and an ITX rig would have definitely qualified :p.
If you added a couple of PCIe cards it would look a bit more usefully populated.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
My excuse is that originally I was planning for a dual 300W GPU setup needing the space for cooling, but after multi-GPU ending up in limbo and me offloading my two R9 290X cards for a single Zotac GTX 1080 Mini, the argument changed to the fact I already had an AM4 ATX board because there was no (good) mATX or any mITX board when Ryzen launches and the fact mATX is still a limited in options for some CPU platforms.

EdZ

Virtual Realist
May 11, 2015

Embarrassingly, I'm going to have to out-do you.
In my defence, this is almost a direct transplant from a Dan A4, barring the swap to the NH-L12 from an NH-L9i and throwing that extra 120mm in. It's going to later be swapped to a full WC loop, and to a new board once Z390 is available.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Embarrassingly, I'm going to have to out-do you.
In my defence, this is almost a direct transplant from a Dan A4, barring the swap to the NH-L12 from an NH-L9i and throwing that extra 120mm in. It's going to later be swapped to a full WC loop, and to a new board once Z390 is available.
I too just did a transplant, from an Ncase M1. Though I did also add two fans (140mm), one on the front (below PSU) and one on top (handle kit).

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
No, no no no no no! :mad: The space inefficiency makes my head hurt.
As someone mentioned elsewhere, one problem now is the unnecessary case depth left over where 3.5" drive cages have been removed from the front of the PC leaving lumps of empty space to be 'filled with watercooling stuff'.
Not all of us WC, or need shedloads of space, as 2.5" drives and M.2 (never mind no more Optical drives on the whole), have reduced space requirements drastically.

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
Bringing the thread back to life with this travestry. Due to a cpu cooler issue I have had to move my rig out of my ML08 and into the old fatboy, the Air 540. Really messing my plans up cuz I'm planning on putting it in a CustomMod SFX but now idk.

My PSU cables are too short to fit it in the spot for it and can't find any screws to place the ssd's into the hot swap bays.