The Music Thread

EdZ

Virtual Realist
May 11, 2015
There's a lot of hidden gems in anime and game OSTs, even if I don't watch anywhere as much anime as I used to. Got into Nujabes because of Samurai Champloo. Cowboy Bebop's OST is timeless. I'm also partial to .Hack SIGN's soundtrack even though I thought the anime was just okay.
You can dive pretty deep down the rabbithole here. e.g. I've got a decent stack of albums purely of big-band jazz arrangements of Anime theme/incidental music. Rasmus Faber's Platina Jazz series, Tokyo Brass Style, etc.
::EDIT:: Then there are the multiple recording labels that just publish remix/rearrangement doujin albums of music from the Touhou game series.

Last edited:

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Original poster
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
And now, for something completely different.

Oj! Vilken Överaskning! means something like "Oh! What a surprise", but can anyone of our northern european pals maybe translate the rest?

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Time for some more electronic music:

After a few plays on B.Traits her BBC Radio 1 show, I've heard this one pop up here and there. Really memorable vibes.

Another one from B.Traits her recent playsets, love the many facets of the song.

Time to go into another gear, Drum&Bass smashers thanks to Friction also with a show on BBC Radio 1:

Woaahh what's this ?! The genre keeps moving their own borders for the 20 years I've known it. Time to ease it back a little with this one:

I saw dBridge live a while ago, awesome set, he keeps producing good music. Back to the roots now:

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Original poster
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
Noisia - Tentacles

Woaahh what's this ?! The genre keeps moving their own borders for the 20 years I've known it.

Tbh, tentacles is a little too out there for my taste, but I think Outer Edge certainly has its gems.

Are electronic music or D&B even genres anymore? To me they seem more like stylistic elements at this point.

Reactions: Phuncz

3lfk1ng

King of Cable Management
SFFn Staff
Bronze Supporter
Jun 3, 2016
www.reihengaming.com
Of course! I love electronic music.
Feed Me, Infected Mushroom, Mirrored Theory, The Glitch Mob, Noisia, Knife Party, Swedish House Mafia, Excision.

Reactions: Phuncz

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Tbh, tentacles is a little too out there for my taste, but I think Outer Edge certainly has its gems.

Are electronic music or D&B even genres anymore? To me they seem more like stylistic elements at this point.
Well, it's got to have a name or description, or else the principles of communication deteriorate. I could call it gafloobaflarb, but ithat wouldn't help anybody :) I can still sense the inspiration and musical taste of the producer to what genre it's targeted at, to me that's what matters.

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Original poster
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
Well, it's got to have a name or description, or else the principles of communication deteriorate. I could call it gafloobaflarb, but ithat wouldn't help anybody :) I can still sense the inspiration and musical taste of the producer to what genre it's targeted at, to me that's what matters.

That's true, though I think at this point it's often easier to communicate using band names instead of genres, depending on who you talk to.

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
That is an awesome cover. I've been listening to a lot of City of the Sun lately. Not sure if anyone else here is familiar with them, but it's pretty easy to listen to IMO.

Last edited: