Power Supply Modular Flex ATX cabling - your input please + sneaky <new internal psu> peaky

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
We've been exerting our influence now its time to exert yours

Tell us what you would like in terms of cabling.

Left to Right from image below
Connector 1 6 x 12V circuits 50/50 split between CPU power and GPU power.
What length 4+4 CPU connector would you like?
What length 6+2pin PCI-E connector? (single or daisy chain double PCI-E, ps this will be a 450W unit)
Connector 2 24pin ATX - length : cm
Connector 3 SATA No and length
Connector 4 Molex No. and length

All wiring will be 18awg (and black ultimately)

Sneaky peaky time.

top.jpg
accross.jpg

DASBOOT

Airflow Optimizer
Dec 31, 2017
If you mean dimensionally for the PS itself that would be acceptable, but smaller is better, dimensions similar to the old HDplex 200 or 160
would be ideal. It only needs to have one output to 2 or 4-pin molex to the ThinITX atc std. Nothing like this has existed since HDplex dropped 19v.
Meanwell and other variants are much too large. You asked for input, but what I am suggesting sold rather well when it was produced.

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
If you mean dimensionally for the PS itself that would be acceptable, but smaller is better, dimensions similar to the old HDplex 200 or 160
would be ideal. It only needs to have one output to 2 or 4-pin molex to the ThinITX atc std. Nothing like this has existed since HDplex dropped 19v.
Meanwell and other variants are much too large. You asked for input, but what I am suggesting sold rather well when it was produced.
Sure, your input is off topic though, the above is a product that's gone through DVT and pilot run stage.

I mentioned an open frame PSU already else where. Here's another you could consider, Delta

MDS-300APB18 AA​

Delta are build to order manufacturer, so maybe you could take your market confidence, contact the business unit at delta that deals with these and see wha the MOQ is. For single rail 2kW server PSU modules it's only 40pcs. Then buy and resell them for that particular niche.