The Chimera MachOne: For the pros. Small meets flexible.

Kooki

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 30, 2016
Update 2019-05-28: going to split case into mITX and ATX, b/c mATX future is unstable.

I have some inside info, but based on X570 debut for Computex, and some info under NDA, mATX future is unstable. So effectively, I will be splitting the case into two, a mITX version, and ATX version.

Hopefully, before September, I can reveal the new designs and have some sort of production dates.

What a shame, I really thought the mATX sizing of the MachOne to be very fitting for its design.
Looking forward for the new designs!

Last edited:
Reactions: WinterCharm

Aluminyum

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 3, 2019
Hopefully, before September, I can reveal the new designs and have some sort of production dates.
Hm... Two questions, if you don't mind:

1. How large is the ATX version expected to be?

2. PCIe risers aside, is there anything that the Mini-ITX version could offer over the NCASE M1?

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
2. PCIe risers aside, is there anything that the Mini-ITX version could offer over the NCASE M1?

I would think the big selling point might be the 280 radiator support, as opposed to the 240 support in the M1...?

Last edited:

Secret-Misthios

Average Stuffer
May 25, 2019
Aw man, it was so close. My GPU is 305mm in length and 155mm in height, either measurement is just a hair too much for any of its configurations. Bummer.

onide90

Efficiency Noob
May 21, 2019
any news for computex about sff case? there are matx case nice? the chinera mach one? did someone knows something?

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
I have some inside info, but based on X570 debut for Computex, and some info under NDA, mATX future is unstable. So effectively, I will be splitting the case into two, a mITX version, and ATX version.
oh geez, even boards fro next gen threadripper? ,_,

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Interesting about future of mATX.

TBH, it would make more sense to get rid of ATX at this stage!

ATX volume is whole lot more than mATX, ITX is a premium product, so that leaves mATX not enough volume, not enough premium, not a great place to be.

I know mITX has more visibility in the last few years, but based on actual sales numbers, ATX is a monster in terms of volume, and growing.

Reactions: lawney

lawney

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 28, 2018
Thanks for the update. I'll be keeping an eye on both versions, but the ATX one especially. Necere had a great ATX concept that placed the PSU in the way of the bottom PCI-E slots. Seemed like the ideal compromise for those who need power, multiple cards, but not a full 7 slots of expandability. Impeded ATX is the inheritor of mATX? https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/neceres-concept-ideation-thread.5888/post-103703

Shame about mATX, though. Really the ideal for portable workstations.

eme

Trash Compacter
May 14, 2017
what a waste of time. +10 custom itx cases and atx case market is hard. I hope for the best but i think you are making big mistake.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
what a waste of time. +10 custom itx cases and atx case market is hard. I hope for the best but i think you are making big mistake.

Giving up a unique quality - mATX support, is likely a mistake.

High end mATX board’s future is in serious jeopardy, a premium mATX case is most likely a mistake.

Lesser evil is the better option no?

Last edited:

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Thanks for the update. I'll be keeping an eye on both versions, but the ATX one especially. Necere had a great ATX concept that placed the PSU in the way of the bottom PCI-E slots. Seemed like the ideal compromise for those who need power, multiple cards, but not a full 7 slots of expandability. Impeded ATX is the inheritor of mATX? https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/neceres-concept-ideation-thread.5888/post-103703

Shame about mATX, though. Really the ideal for portable workstations.

prototype mATX layout had inferior cooling with AIOs in front of the GPU. AIOs are too popular to ignore this problem.

So starting with a bigger size on ATX is a clean canvas to support 165mm Air Coolers and offering dual 280mm radiator support.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3lfk1ng