The Chimera MachOne: For the pros. Small meets flexible.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
horizontal comparison shot

vertical comparison shot

Hey! What happens to the guy who sat behind?
I swear I have seen a guy with glasses + light beard + dark shirt + grinning in the above 2 pics.
And who is he anyway? Is he Wahaha360?

PlayfulPhoenix

Founder of SFF.N
Original poster
SFFLAB
Chimera Industries
Gold Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Speaking of reference... here are some initial component dimensions for each of the configurations, everyone!

Front radiator & fan support:

Gear One ("The Core"):
  • mATX + 2 dual-slot GPUs: 2 x 140mm fans
  • mATX + 1 dual-slot GPU: 2 x 120mm fans + 1 240 x 45mm radiator (EK Predator / MLC Phoenix 240)
  • mITX + 1 dual-slot GPU: 2 x 140mm fans + 1 280 x 45mm radiator (EK Predator / MLC Phoenix 280)
  • mITX + 1 single-slot GPU: 2 x 140mm fans + 280 x 60mm radiator (EK Predator / MLC Phoenix 280 / Hardware Labs Nemesis 280GTX)
Gear Two ("The Gamer") & Gear Three ("The YouTuber"):
  • 2 x 140mm fans + 280 x 60mm radiator (EK Predator / MLC Phoenix 280 / Hardware Labs Nemesis 280GTX)

CPU cooler height support:

Gear One ("The Core"):
  • 143mm (Noctua U9S @ 125mm)
  • 76 / 96 / 116mm, depending on if you populate 3 / 2 / 1 of the PCI slots (there are three expansion slots available above the motherboard)

GPU support:

Gear One ("The Core"):
  • Maximum length of 315mm, maximum height of 148mm (when including the 6+2 pin)
  • Maximum length of 300mm, maximum height of 163mm (when including the 6+2 pin)

Sashby

Average Stuffer
Nov 13, 2017
Can we suggest some YouTube channels and review sites for you to contact?

Last edited:

PlayfulPhoenix

Founder of SFF.N
Original poster
SFFLAB
Chimera Industries
Gold Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Will the press get a chance to see the Mach One at Computex? Can I suggest some YouTube channels and review sites for you to contact?

We've had conversations with a few publications and channels, but we're small fish (pun intended) in a big pond, so we are unsure as to whether or not you'll see much of us in the more mainstream channels. That said, we are definitely reaching out and have had conversations with name-brand websites, and YouTubers especially!

gunpalcyril

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 7, 2016
@dumplinknet
I'm pretty happy with this case, the "core" setup with just enough space for matx and 2 case fans is so simple and obvious, there are numerous itx casesthat were announced that bigger,or as big as this, that still use full size psus and just plain look horrible (I'm looking at you corsair air 280x).

In terms of design, I mean, look at their product lineup, they all pretty much share the same exterior visual language: simple, high quality, functional, and seamless, which all sounds perfect in my book :D

isabirov

Average Stuffer
Nov 15, 2017
Hi, guys.
Beautiful case and fantastic design!
But I have mixed feelings about it. Rear IO cutout and vertical placement seems like a waste of space if you ask me.
What about temps on single 280 rad, cooling both CPU and GPU? Fan RPM and noise? Possible to add 120/140 rad on rear/bottom/top/anywhere? :)

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Hi, guys.
But I have mixed feelings about it. Rear IO cutout and vertical placement seems like a waste of space if you ask me.
What about temps on single 280 rad, cooling both CPU and GPU? Fan RPM and noise? Possible to add 120/140 rad on rear/bottom/top/anywhere? :)

280mm radiator are usually 315mm or more tall, for a DDC / D5 pump and 280mm radiator (EK Predator / MLC), it's 350mm or more .

Effectively, the distance between rear I/O and the top panel is needed anyways for the 280mm radiator + pump located at the front of the case - so wasted space is minimal if any.

We just got the prototype, we will release temperatures once we have more time to benchmark.

Last edited:

isabirov

Average Stuffer
Nov 15, 2017
Can you post dimensions please?
Increase depth by 60mm to squeeze slim 280 rad to rear = perfect case :) (I know that there is PSU, mkay, 140 rad also good)

isabirov

Average Stuffer
Nov 15, 2017
By the way, I see vertical PSU cutout on some pictures and horizontal on the others. It differs between types?

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I can't wait for the case, it looks awesome ! I'm looking forward to the builds maximizing air cooling in this ! I'd also prefer blank aluminium panels, without windows. I hope that becomes an option atleast.

Last edited:

wywywywy

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 12, 2016
For a standard setup with an itx board and a reference length gpu, where/how best to place a d5 pump/res combo?

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
("last question i promise") how many PCI slots are there for an mATX board? I'm wondering if there's space to put a two-slot GPU on slot #4 ._.

jack1940

Average Stuffer
Oct 29, 2017
@PlayfulPhoenix
about aluminum Side Panel,I'd like to make some suggestions. Hope to make a vent on this Side Panel,and the location of vent should be convenient for CPU and GPU to dissipate heat.I think it's particularly important for the down-blowing cooler . Besides, what's more important is: please allow users to seal or open these vent on Side Panel(because each person uses a different cooling system, someone needs to be opened, someone needs to be closed).You can learn from the 220htr of abee(I hope you can see the pic, which is the link of YAHOO Japan).
Local pic↓
http://zigsow.jp/img.php?filename=mi_21683_1341135284_517089298.jpg&w=480&h=480&a=a

Back to down-blowing cooler, bequiet displayed a new dark rock Pro TR4 cooler in Taipei, and I think they may still improve dark rock TF, then the future dark rock TF/TR4(TDP 220W,135mm) is likely to be the first choice in small cases(this is also a win-win option. I think the staff of bequiet and you should all be in Taipei, so you can communicate with them).

1950x+135mm dark rock TR4 in small cases, it looks great!

Down-blowing cooler and free open or closed vent. That's the point I want to talk to you about.

Last edited:

greg.chalk

Cable Smoosher
Mar 21, 2018
Hi, guys.
If you read this review, you will see that to take advantage of the gtx 280 radiator you must ran the fans at least 1300 rpm and more. If you run the fans at below 800 rpm then you will have worst performance than 30mm thick radiators!
So running 140mm fans at least 1300 rpm it might be silent, but not dead silent. Here is the review :
http://www.xtremerigs.net/2016/02/25/hardware-labs-nemesis-280-gtx-radiator-review/5/

isabirov

Average Stuffer
Nov 15, 2017
I read this review.
For my understanding, main reason for watercooling is silence and requires space for rads. Neither we can fit GTX280 in push-pull in this case for less RPM.
So this case is just big version of M1. I don't see any big improvements in cooling, just my personal opinion, don't aggro please :)

SirJack

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 22, 2018
I read this review.
For my understanding, main reason for watercooling is silence and requires space for rads. Neither we can fit GTX280 in push-pull in this case for less RPM.
So this case is just big version of M1. I don't see any big improvements in cooling, just my personal opinion, don't aggro please :)

If low RPM performance is what you are looking for I think you can go with 30mm push pull

Though, I think it will be louder at high rpm due to the extra fans. I think I'll stick to 60mms though because any GPU fan rpm easily dwarfs 1300; might as well go for the OC.