The Chimera MachOne: For the pros. Small meets flexible.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Could we get a photo of the Mach One next to the other three cases you have there? The A4, M1, and S4. Would make a nice shot for size/footprint comparison!

horizontal comparison shot

vertical comparison shot

Last edited:

PlayfulPhoenix

Founder of SFF.N
Original poster
SFFLAB
Chimera Industries
Gold Supporter
Feb 22, 2015

We're working on providing detailed measurements with respect to component compatibility, and will post those as soon as we can!

I have yet to figure out the Gear Two and Gear Three arrangements.

Imagine Gear Two as the same as Gear One, but we mount the GPU floating above the motherboard, rather than having it socketed in. This is beneficial for two reasons: the width (really the height) of the card is no longer limited by the width of the chassis, and since you've relocated the GPU away from the front of the case you now have room to put other hardware there instead, like fans or a radiator.

With Gear Three, we are mounting everything in the center of the enclosure. The motherboard is on one side, and the GPU (and other PCI devices, if you wish) are behind it. This is somewhat similar to how the A4-SFX or the Loque Ghost S1 orients the components, though the MachOne is vertical and has a lot of space up front for fans and a radiator in this arrangement.

Anyways, we will work on some images of 3D models that illustrate each of these, to better convey how the layouts work!

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Damn you Chimera, I thought I was done with my watercooling bug but I see this case and all I can think is oh baby where is my wallet. ;)

Reactions: Biowarejak

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
What a brilliant addition to the sff lab squad.

Fucking beautiful.

Wow, its smaller than I thought. Showing everyone else how its done :D

Congrats guys, looking forward to release date, and of course building in one.

^This and This^

Show the big players that the small players do small the best!

Outstanding work Gentleman!

Heaps of cheers and applause.

MJVR1

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 10, 2015
Great design! Reminds me of the Corsair One, but the ability to use mATX boards makes this case much more appealing. I presume the 5.25" bay won't be usable when in "Gear one" configuration with a GPU?

Reactions: Biowarejak

PlayfulPhoenix

Founder of SFF.N
Original poster
SFFLAB
Chimera Industries
Gold Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
@PlayfulPhoenix
Is there a full aluminum version? I don't need a Window Side Panel,thank you.

Yes, windows will not be mandatory. (I’d also note, just for reference, that only builds in the third arrangement will make sense to use dual-windows for)

One question.
will there be beige?

For you, j0rd, I’ll find a way XD But we will likely stick to silver and black as standard.

Great design! Reminds me of the Corsair One, but the ability to use mATX boards makes this case much more appealing. I presume the 5.25" bay won't be usable when in "Gear one" configuration with a GPU?

The 5.25” bay isn’t a full bay depth-wise for any of the configurations, since it would interfere with the vertical I/O. That said, it is equally usable for any of the configurations, so irrespective of the hardware layout you use below, you could put a pump/reservoir combo or some other devices.

I was probably too excited to notice, but where is the power button? Any planned io near the bottom of case for ease of access?

Good eye! The current prototype has no I/O currently. We’re thinking about the right ports to include, and the right bottom, but would likely place that at the top someplace.

We’re actually considering making the I/O ports optional given that the logical place to put it would be right by where the rear I/O already is, but we haven’t made any hard decisions around that yet.

dumplinknet

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 26, 2018
Why this design? Were there any other sketches/prototypes?

To be blunt and honest, it feels so Junior compared to premium cases such as Dan's A4, Skyreach and the Ncase. It also looks uninspired/uninnovative, to be honest.

I guess I had way too much expectation.

Am I alone in this opinion? Anyone?

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
I'm curious about the history and development of this case, yes, but I do feel it's rather innovative. Not perfect, but sexy and capable nevertheless.

Reactions: cmyk78