The Chimera MachOne: For the pros. Small meets flexible.

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
What I can make out from blowing up an already blurry image...

Size - 1xx x 2xx x 3xx - 18.x liters
Materials - Aluminium & Steel
Color - Silver & Black
Platform - mITX & mATX
PSU - SFX & SFX-L

This is taken from the product card in the SFFn Instagram Story pic...

It could all be wrong...!

Reactions: Biowarejak

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Is it Mach One or Machone? Index card doesn't have the spacing x)

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
I remember the teaser had vents on the front...
Airflow from front to back (radiator area)...

sorry I'm already building this out in my head, LOL. if I ever get to uni I might buy this case to cart it over

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
Also, it looks like the back panel ( or is that the FRONT panel...?) is NOT in place...

The teaser pic has perforations going 'around the curve', the curved panel we see in the 'blurry pic' does not appear to show any perforations...?

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
One thing that concerns me, especially if using a mATX motherboard, is the CPU cooler clearance...

With a back-to-back design, there is less room for a taller CPU cooler...

And with a mATX motherboard, there may not be room for a radiator / AIO...?

Metroversal

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 5, 2017
Yeah, I saw that, weird...

From the picture, it clearly seems like they used an ASRock X299E-ITX/ac motherboard w/ a Bitspower ASRX299EI monoblock (this means Intel Core i9 CPU!), also after seeing the (quad channel DDR4, SO-DIMM) memory orientation, it's safe to say that the motherboard is definitely rotated and the I/O ports are at the top of the case. The PSU looks like a Corsair SF600 (SFX).
Don't know about the radiator but it looks thick!

Last edited:

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
From the picture, it clearly seems like they used an ASRock X299E-ITX/ac motherboard w/ a Bitspower ASRX299EI monoblock (this means Intel Core i9 CPU!), also after seeing the (quad channel DDR4, SO-DIMM) memory orientation, it's safe to say that the motherboard is definitely rotated and the I/O ports are at the top of the case. The PSU looks like a Corsair SF600 (SFX).
Don't know about the radiator but it looks thick!

Could also be an i7-7800X (6-core Skylake-X) or an i7-7820X (8-core Skylake-X)...

gunpalcyril

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 7, 2016
Hmm, if itx an matx case, they must have a custom bifercation riser for the itx motherboard, I'm curious how much that will drive up pricing.

Just from the provided pic, it looks like a phanteks shift case, but without a lot of useless space inside, I'm so happy this is looking to be a vertical tower case to save footprint.

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Hmm, if itx an matx case, they must have a custom bifercation riser for the itx motherboard, I'm curious how much that will drive up pricing.

Just from the provided pic, it looks like a phanteks shift case, but without a lot of useless space inside, I'm so happy this is looking to be a vertical tower case to save footprint.
Did they say anything about dual-gpu though?

jwlarocque

Cable Smoosher
Jan 24, 2017
All right, that's an hour :D

I'd be pretty surprised if they included a bifurcated PCIe riser, considering how varied support for that is. My guess would be that if you put an ITX board in it, you only get one PCIe slot, and that the intended use is with an mATX board.