The A-Team Vandura, a Ryzen APU Build.

BryceK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Dec 25, 2017
Hi All,

The past few days I posted some questions concerning the build I wanted to do. I completely revamped the idea for the case and the liquid metal (which I still want to do sometime).

So hereby I want to give a sneak peak of The A-Team Vandura, a Ryzen APU build I’m doing.

The case in question is a In Win Chopin Black with red accents which gave it the A-Team van look and feel. For the APU the Ryzen 5 2400G will be used with a Noctua NL-L9A-AM4 as cooler, which I might replace the fan with a 120mm x 15mm Noctua fan so the whole Heatsink is covered.

The motherboard is the Gigabyte AB350 Gaming with red accents, the RAM is Corsairs LPX 3000 MHz CL15 16GB red edition and to finish with some nice storage it has a Corsair MP500 Series NVME SSD of 120GB as bootdrive and a Samsung 850 EVO of 500GB as datastorage.

Unfortunately I received the wrong cooler (AM2, AM3 version), but the AM4 version is on its way!, I will let you guys know how the process goes!

Reactions: Phuncz and TheHig

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
I almost bought that board today. I think with the DP out and it being ram friendly may be the best mobo for RyzenG . Looking forward to your build and LOVE the name.

I pity the fool that doesn't follow this build.

BryceK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Dec 25, 2017
Update:

So after putting everything together, the pc didn't post. S0 after searching I found out that even that Gigabyte claims it is Raven Ridge ready.. you do need to do the bios update first. Which means I need and A-series CPU to do that.

So I applied for the AMD Bootkit, thought the cpu my parents pc uses, the A8 6600k would work but its FM2 and not AM4. But since bootkit would take more than a week to arrive I just ordered an A6 9500 myself (which is the same as the bootkit).

Also the case is really nice but it is hard to get the mobo due to the cables you need to put to side / out of the case and there is only about 0,5 inch left to fiddle it in and the cables together are thicker than that.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheHig

BryceK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Dec 25, 2017
Update:

So after receiving the A6-9500 today, I was able to update the Bios of the Gigabyte GA-AB350N-Wifi. Bios version was F5 and updated it to F22. So for people in the futher, the mobo is far behind on the bios!

After building testing everything outside of the case I build it all in, and looks sweet. Only the 24 ATX cable is a bit bulky, but they always are :)

Only thing I might wanna change in the future is the Fan in the PSU. Havn't checked the diameter, but 99% sure it is a 40mm Fan and thickness is something I have to find out, Because the Fan of the PSU is the only thing making the most noise.

Reactions: Phuncz

axtran

Average Stuffer
Feb 13, 2017
How is heat and sustained performance after using it for a while? Is the PSU holding up properly? :)

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Last edited:

BryceK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Dec 25, 2017
Just wondering if you ended up doing this? I have almost the exact same build and hoping to make the psu quieter.

Not yet, haven't had the time yet. But still planning on doing it. Might just replace the PSU itself aswell if I can find a better alternative.

jmarin

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 8, 2018
Any alternative would probably have the same result noise wise. Would probably be cheaper/easier to just swap in a Noctua 40mm fan into your current psu

Elaman

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 13, 2020
I love this theme.
When you are satisfied with the build you must post with
"I love it when a plan comes together".