My first PC build - AMD Ryzen 5 2400G

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
Boy you move slow.

I think the current sweet spot for nvme drives are 500 gb, and sata ssd is at 1tb.

If you're doing a lot of video and photo editing I reckon one 500 gb nvme is better, use it as an OS and scratch drive where you store programs and in-the-works video and image files. Then get a 80$ 2TB hdd to store long term files/archives.

Reactions: RZ2019

RZ2019

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Jan 30, 2019
Boy you move slow.

I think the current sweet spot for nvme drives are 500 gb, and sata ssd is at 1tb.

If you're doing a lot of video and photo editing I reckon one 500 gb nvme is better, use it as an OS and scratch drive where you store programs and in-the-works video and image files. Then get a 80$ 2TB hdd to store long term files/archives.

Yes, I move slow but safe...
My old PC is just fine and no rush.
Thanks for the advice!

Stevo_

Master of Cramming
Jul 2, 2015
I am just about to have the last component for my build - and I have a question:
My original plan was to have 2 SSD's -
Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 NVMe 500GB SSD (main drive)
Samsung 860 Evo Basic Internal SSD 500GB. (secondary drive)
After doing some reading I prefer having one 1 TB SSD instead of the above.
My work with the Mini PC is not for gaming just web browsing and some Photography work (Photoshop Elements and Lightroom) and some basic video editing.
Will I feel a big difference between Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 NVMe 1TB. SSD and Samsung 860 Evo Basic Internal SSD 1 TB. SSD?
There is almost 50% price difference between the 2 SSD's and I ask myself is it justified?
Thanks for any comment!
Theres some good deals on XPG nvme SSDs this weekend half the price of Samsung and highly rated