Modded Jou-Jye-NU-0528i with Ryzen 5 2400g

Aki

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Aug 9, 2016
Hallo everyone,

I really wanted to test out the new Ryzen APU and do some modding for the first time in my life. And this is the result of that.

Parts:
CPU: Ryzen 2400g
MB: Gigabyte AB350N
RAM: 2x 8GB Samsung C-die OEM Stick from eBay with RAM heatsinks I got from eBay.
Case: Jou-Jye-NU-0528i from eBay
PSU: Included 250w FSP 80+ Bronce with 18A on the 12v Rail.
Cooler: Xilence A404T with a bequiet 92mm silent wing 2 fan
Storage: SSD + HDD I had lying around, might and will most likely change

I of course tried overclocking it. I got 1500mhz @ 1.875v on the GPU and the CPU to 3.75Ghz @1.35v. I got my RAM to 3200mhz cl14 17 17 17 36 @1.42v, but I'm not sure if that's a 100% stable yet, since testing that takes ages. For now, it's stable enough. I down-clocked the CPU on purpose since my board was feeding it up to 1.6v at 3.9Ghz on all cores when left stock, which was a bit to much for my taste.

Temperatures are ok. My CPU is delid, since otherwise that small cooler wouldn't be able to handle the OC. When playing games, the GPU get's to around 80C but I'm currently trying out a fan duct (see below and not final, just wanted to see the effect) which brings the temps down to around 65-70C which is quite nice. The CPU is usually around the same temperature. My ambient is around 21C. The CPU fan spins with 2000rpm and the PSU fan around 1800rpm. The PSU pulls air in the case since it would otherwise be cocked alive. The RAM sticks will also get active cooling once I found a tolerable 60mm slim fan.

A few side notes for other potential builders. I encountered an error where my system would not post with a GPU clock between 1300 and 1475 mhz. The top fan will not fit with this motherboard.

Now pictures (more to come):

And some pictures of the case without the internals:
Link to the album:
Edit: Added some Information I've forgot to mention and more pictures.
Edit 2: Updated the OC numbers.

Last edited:

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
... When playing games, the GPU get's to around 80C but I'm currently trying out a fan duct (see below and not final, just wanted to see the effect) which brings the temps down to around 65-70C which is quite nice. The CPU is usually around the same temperature...

Wait... CPU & GPU temps? I thought you use an APU? Or.. does the monitoring software reports them separately as CPU & GPU?
(Sorry, I never used an APU before).

Either way, going from 80C to 65-70C is impressive. That fan duct is something we all definitely need to consider!

Last edited:
Reactions: Soul_Est

ChainedHope

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 5, 2016
Lol your foil duct reminds of of those big old CPU tunnels that OEMs would use to direct air from a side panel vent onto a CPU.

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
Wait... CPU & GPU temps? I thought you use an APU? Or.. does the monitoring software reports them separately as CPU & GPU?
(Sorry, I never used an APU before).

Either way, from going from 80C to 65-70C is impressive. That fan duct is something we all definitely need to consider!
APU stands for Accelerated Processing Unit. That said, there is still the CPU (Ryzen) and GPU (VEGA) inside which are two separate entities. An APU is just a CPU with an excellent integrated GPU. The APU was meant to be the driving force of AMD's HSA or Heterogeneous System Architecture.

ondert

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 16, 2017
That duct taped aluminum foil really impressed me. XD Also, I was looking for a review of this case, how is it?

Aki

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Aug 9, 2016
That duct taped aluminum foil really impressed me. XD Also, I was looking for a review of this case, how is it?
Not really used to doing reviews, so if I miss something you want to know, just ask me.

Build quality:
It's ok for a small case. The original front panel seems to add a bit of rigidity as my does flex a bit, but nothing to be worried about. The edges are a bit sharp sometimes, but that was to be expected from an OEM case. I did NOT cut myself on the case during assembly though. The paint job on my case was ok, but the front was kinda beaten up a bit, since it was used.

Layout:
Mine came with a TFX PSU's but I'm not sure if other units are going to fit (see picture). It also seems to come with flex ATX units usually.

There is a slim optical drive bay that can also support hard drives, but that would limit your CPU cooler choices to something around the same hight as normal RAM sticks.

There is around 2cm of room in front of the motherboard to install a 60mm fan with (limited) cutouts in the front panel. In the top panel there is room for a 60m fan to, but I doubt any board that has some sort of connectors up there would allow one to fit. (See picture album in the first post.)
You also can not use both PCI Slots for expansion cards at the same time as well, as they will most likely overlap. But you could fit two low profile cards in them.

I also think you could fit a dual slot low profile card in the low profile slot, if you used something like a flex ATX powersupply. But that would require modding, as the flex ATX mounts do seem to make room for a 2.5" drive in the bottom beneath it, which would make it the same hight as the TFX unit.

There is a 2.5" drive installed in the front in my build, but if you don't mod it, there are going to be the front IO headers there.
Cable management and installing everything is a bit of a challenge, but that is to be expected at it's size.

Cooling:
It's ok, I think you could fit a CPU cooler up to 65mm with no drive bay, I would'n really really do that, since I would not be able to breath. I'm using one with 61mm of hight, which I would consider around the ideal size for one. I would also highly suggest a fan duct since mine worked wonders.
For case fans I would use both 60mm fans to pull air out of the case, but I'm suggesting that based on nothing, so take it as you want.
I would also be careful with the power supply, since my unit was really hot to the touch when the fan was pulling air in. The air temperatures in my case for my slightly overclocked system got to around 60°C. I turned the fan around and replaced it with an be quiet one, in hope to make it last at least until I can get myself a HDplex 300w or something similar that allows me to install 2 slot GPU. That made it cool to the touch even after longer stress testing sessions.

Front IO:
I got an OEM Version of this case and it came with 2 USB 3.0 ports which used two flat cables, which I found really nice. There was also a USB 2.0 Card reader installed. also the usual audio ports and a power button, no reset. You can get this case in different versions with up to 4 USB ports.
You don't seem to be able to add those afterwards if you decide to not get them from the beginning, as there won't be any cutouts in the plastic.

I hope I could help you a bit with this summery.

Edit: Was wrong about my CPU cooler hight, it's not 54 but 61mm.

Last edited:
Reactions: ondert

ondert

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 16, 2017
Thanks, I really appreciate for the quick and detailed reply. I forgot to ask, do you know the max cpu cooler height for this case? Even the manufacturer didn't write me back about it..

Aki

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Aug 9, 2016
Thanks, I really appreciate for the quick and detailed reply. I forgot to ask, do you know the max cpu cooler height for this case? Even the manufacturer didn't write me back about it..
I can't really measure it accurately but the distance from my cooler to the side panel is around 18mm and my cooler is 61mm high so you should be able to fit something like a a L12s from Noctua.

Edit: Now I'm interested in the L12s, might try that in the future......

Aki

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Aug 9, 2016
I present you: a L12S.

It fits, but there is only around 1mm of clearance above it. And I also had to cut of the rails for the drive bay.
It also fits in any orientation, I tried them all. The one you see, is the most difficult to install.
For anyone considering it, it's not really worth it. It cools a bit better than the xilence cooler while being quieter, but it's also three times the price.
But I don't think the trouble to get it mounted and the price make it a compelling option for this case and this CPU. For CPU's with a higher heat output this could be the best solution.

Last edited:
Reactions: Acalanata and rcodi

yazdes2012

What's an ITX?
Feb 24, 2018
Cooler: Xilence A404T
Hello!
THanks, for review! Can you tell, if there is real difference between Wraith Stealth (Box cooler) and Xilence A404T ?
(I has 80 degrees in games at 1600 mhz GPU ryzen 2200g with Stealth Box cooler)
Has only 129mm free space in PC, and thinking if Xilence be better or not.

ondert

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 16, 2017
Hello!
THanks, for review! Can you tell, if there is real difference between Wraith Stealth (Box cooler) and Xilence A404T ?

I would like to build a cheap and smallest possible pc for my girlfriend. She just plays some moba and e-sport titles. Do you recommend 2200g? Overclocking its gpu up to 1600mhz seems to catch the 2400g.

Aki

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Aug 9, 2016
Hello!

I did not test the stealth a lot, so I can't really comment on that. But just based on holding them in my hands and my impression on the wraith stealth, I would say that it might just be worth it, if you can get it cheap.
I think that the xilence cooler should performs like a wraith spire, but quiter.
But with 129mm of room you could look into other coolers.
If you don't want to spend a lot you could get something from the used market with the old stock am3+ cooler mounting for those old stock heatsinks that were way too loud. Maybe something from scythe, they used to use that mounting a lot for their coolers.