Original poster
Dec 16, 2019
Case: InWin Chop with 150W PSU
Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming-ITX/ac
APU: AMD Ryzen 5 2400G
RAM: Pair of 8GB of DDR4 PC3200 DIMMs
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-L9a AM4
Number Cable Reroutes: 6

Very happy with this build. Made it to take to work, since I work overnights and don't feel like bringing in a video game system to keep myself from being too bored. Replaced the PSU fan with a NF-A4x10 FLX, which has helped a lot with internal heat. Which is not as big a problem as a lot of folks I've seen say to begin with, but I'm a nutter for keeping a system as cool as possible without going to liquid cooling. At idle the APU sits at 37C on average and playing games (Astroneer being the hardest game I've thrown at it) it's gotten up to 57C. I've routed as many of the cables around back as possible. I wish I had had enough length, and might get an extension to do it, I could have routed the ATX 12V cable around back and over the top along with front audio cable. Pulled the excess USB 3 header around back as well, which is amazingly easy and clears out an amazing amount of space. All in all, I've really enjoyed putting this together and I'm really impressed by the Ryzen 5 2400G.

DemLep

Caliper Novice
Nov 8, 2019
Nice build. Looks clean. If noise is not an issue no need to go to water-cooled.
What did you go with for storage?

creature.shock

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Dec 16, 2019
Nice build. Looks clean. If noise is not an issue no need to go to water-cooled.
What did you go with for storage?

Knew I forgot to list something. Using a Crucial MX500 500GB M.5 NVMe drive. You can see it peeking out of the back of the system. As far as noise goes, it's pretty darn quiet even under load.