Completed STX160.0 - The most powerful ATX unit, in the world!

K888D

SFF Guru
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
I *might* have set it on fire.

A little...

...just a little
What caused that to happen?!

Reactions: Biowarejak

SumGhai

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 14, 2016
On the subject of venting and vent holes: how large of a single hole or cutout is too large that it might let too much debris enter or settle through it without active airflow to push it out?

I have a vent pattern that I'd like to implement on a case, but I'm afraid the larger holes in the pattern might be too large at 12mm-14mm, with the other holes at half the diameter.

K888D

SFF Guru
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Pretty sure Josh put a bit of ethanol on it and lit it for some stupid pun :D
It looks like it's coming from the back of the unit.

On the subject of venting and vent holes: how large of a single hole or cutout is too large that it might let too much debris enter or settle through it without active airflow to push it out?

I have a vent pattern that I'd like to implement on a case, but I'm afraid the larger holes in the pattern might be too large at 12mm-14mm, with the other holes at half the diameter.
Small enough so you can't get your finger in!

Brandon86

Trash Compacter
Feb 15, 2017
Man I want to build one of these after I build my S4 mini. That would make a great work computer for me to transport around!

scratch

What's an ITX?
Apr 5, 2017
Just an awesome and inspiring source/post like to start with. Thanks Josh | NFC for the video post and Aibohphobia.6 for the incredible build log!!!

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
This is truly one amazing build (and build log). Hope it inspires some to at least use a hollowed out PSU to build their own STX case.

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Using an actual PSU would be difficult with this exact setup since so few units are long enough. Using an external brick or a NUC board would help quite a bit in that regard.

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Might have to do then with a shorter (and less powerful) card if one were to take that route.

On another note, I found a powered PCIe adapter that is much cheaper than the BPlus. I can't say anything about its quality, but it's a low enough price for someone to test this when it's not certain it will work with a GPU.

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
x2 only? Sounds like you're right about there being traces only for half the pins of the slot.

I hope it's still Gen 3 at least...