Completed STX160.0 - The most powerful ATX unit, in the world!

Limit Cube

Caliper Novice
Feb 4, 2017
A NUC would make more sense since they're available with the PCIe 3.0 x4 M.2 slots required and have already been proven to work with a discrete GPU.
I have changed the size of the chassis: 220 * 86 * 150MM, and support two full size SSD hard drive, built-in 200W power supply, do a good job after the finished product will send some pictures up, thank you for your creativity.

ejectbutton

Caliper Novice
Mar 15, 2017
This build has been both a huge inspiration to me and a great resource, I can't thank you enough for going in such detail about it! Having read through all of it, I didn't quite understand, what solution did you eventually use to power both the STX board and the 1060 from the one source?

In addition, you said that you would have used a 1050ti had you done this again. Being that most 1050tis don't require 6 or 8 pin power, how would you have powered such a thing? Powered riser?

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
what solution did you eventually use to power both the STX board and the 1060 from the one source?

HDPLEX 160W AC-DC with its 19V DC output split, some going directly to the Mini-STX board and the rest going to a 160W DC-ATX for the 12V for the GPU.

Being that most 1050tis don't require 6 or 8 pin power, how would you have powered such a thing?

The M.2 adapter is powered so it would already be good to go.

Reactions: Biowarejak

wheatley

Cable Smoosher
Sep 5, 2017
so if you were to do it again but use a 1050ti that does not require 6 pin power what power supply would you use?

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
The article said mini itx - hah! Can't even read the build log. Even the name says the form factor. And look at the comments. Bunch of twats

Reactions: Biowarejak

Limit Cube

Caliper Novice
Feb 4, 2017
Thanks @Aibohphobia creativity, after a long time, finally made the first prototype, chassis size: 220 * 150 * 86MM, the top increase of 2 4CM fan, support for two 2.5-inch 7MM thick hard drive, CPU cooler height Limit 25MM the following.

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
Thanks @Aibohphobia creativity, after a long time, finally made the first prototype, chassis size: 220 * 150 * 86MM, the top increase of 2 4CM fan, support for two 2.5-inch 7MM thick hard drive, CPU cooler height Limit 25MM the following.
Amazing!

Do you mind a few questions?

Edit: found your log!

Did you put the ac dc adaptor in there? Was wondering cause I can't see any ac power plug there.

Where did you get your 3.5mm panel mounted audio jack? The ones under the usb/ethernet ports on the back.

And is that CNC'd aluminium? How do you make that front illuminated square thingie?

Limit Cube

Caliper Novice
Feb 4, 2017
Amazing!

Do you mind a few questions?

Edit: found your log!

Did you put the ac dc adaptor in there? Was wondering cause I can't see any ac power plug there.

Where did you get your 3.5mm panel mounted audio jack? The ones under the usb/ethernet ports on the back.

And is that CNC'd aluminium? How do you make that front illuminated square thingie?
Do not need to exchange DC adapter, you can click here.
Extend to the back of the chassis with your own audio extension cable.
CNC aluminum, the surface has not been oxidized.
The front glow acrylic uses a Homogeneous light plate.

Scrivyyy

Chassis Packer
Apr 7, 2018

Yeah, it’s a late reply, but here. So an pcix4 slot (AKA M.2) can only output 25W TDP. Meaning, any 1050ti would need a power connector. A full pcie x16 slot with any x16 to x16 riser will be able to power any 1050ti with a 75W tdp.

Day VReamer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 20, 2018
www.youtube.com
I'm currently in the process of adding a gpu with the same process to my Asrock deskmini. I have got the same/similar m.2 to pcie riser which has the bergs/floppy drive connector, and am likely to go for a gpu with the 6 pin power connector. Do I need to add any more power through a 4x to 16x powered pcie ribbon? Although there will be power to the gpu, does that provide the full 120w or does it draw anything from the pcie slot and if so how much? If it would draw anything from the PCIe as well, is the bergs connector sufficient to cope with that? I've seen various references to this in this log but any assistance in 100% confirming would be greatly appreciated! thank you