SFF.Network Streacom Launches the DA2

bubbl3

Case Shuffler
Jul 3, 2018
ive been tinkering with all kinds of configs. the big breakthrough i've had, everything on this case needs to be in exhaust/push for good temps, cooling really seems to benefit from the negative air pressure as it forces air in from every opening.

I put the 280mm AIO on my 2080ti with a kraken g12, the gpu never gets over the low 50's on full load even on the 380w bios. I also switched out my 95w 2600x for a 65w 3600.

First i tried a 120mm and a 240mm AIO mounted externally on the back of the case using a watercooling pump bracket i had, it left about an inch of space between the case and the AIO. I had to remove the IO shield and squeeze the tubes in next to the rear of the motherboard. Instead of a tophat like youd see on the ghost, it was more like a backpack. I'd get cinebench r15 runs of 1620ish using this config, but it was ugly and noisy. thermals would max out in the low 70's on intelburntest on very high.

Then i installed I put the wraith spire cooler on it behind the 280mm aio, surprisingly it didnt perform a whole lot worse, i was getting cinebench r15 scores in the 1570 range. it passed intelburntest on normal with the cpu hitting the high 80's. then i took the wraith cooler apart and reversed the fan, temps dropped about 10 degrees on idle and load, cinebench r15 scores improved to low 1600's, so comparable to the 240mm aio.

Im going to stick with the 280mm AIO on the GPU and I ordered a Scythe Big Shuriken 3 to use on the CPU, i'll install it with the fan reversed and hopefully that will be the end of this build!
I mean, kudos for the effort, I ended up hating this case so much :D

Last edited:

roozter

Caliper Novice
Dec 15, 2018
Has anyone tried installing a GPU that is more than a dual slot card? Somewhere around 2.3 or 2.5? I am planing to upgrade to the new RX5700 third party cards that are soon to come out.

phandango

Chassis Packer
May 20, 2019
Has anyone tried installing a GPU that is more than a dual slot card? Somewhere around 2.3 or 2.5? I am planing to upgrade to the new RX5700 third party cards that are soon to come out.
I put in the Sapphire Nitro+ RX580, which is a 2.2. It barely fit and was a pain in the ass to install because the card was blocking the mounting block screw on the DA2. I switched to a normal 2.0 card and it fit fine and easy.

roozter

Caliper Novice
Dec 15, 2018
I put in the Sapphire Nitro+ RX580, which is a 2.2. It barely fit and was a pain in the ass to install because the card was blocking the mounting block screw on the DA2. I switched to a normal 2.0 card and it fit fine and easy.
Thanks. So I guess I really need to stick to the normal 2.0 cards.

Lulou

Case Bender
Sep 29, 2019
I could try that. I guess that will improve cooling as well.
A bit late to this discussion but I figured I'd say that a 2.5 slot GPU fits inside DA2 and touches the bottom filters. It's exactly the maximum thickness you are allowed to have. I am rocking a Gigabyte 2080S OC gaming inside it atm.

Reactions: roozter and tinyitx

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
A bit late to this discussion but I figured I'd say that a 2.5 slot GPU fits inside DA2 and touches the bottom filters. It's exactly the maximum thickness you are allowed to have. I am rocking a Gigabyte 2080S OC gaming inside it atm.
Any pic of your build?
What are the cooling arrangement and the resulting temp numbers?

Lulou

Case Bender
Sep 29, 2019
Any pic of your build?
What are the cooling arrangement and the resulting temp numbers?
GPU is 40-50 idle and shoots up to 80 in VR. The dust filters are unforgiving in this case. No pics since cable management is an embarrassment lol and I'm going to move it to ncase m1 when I get mine anyways.

Reactions: roozter

Gardmash

Case Bender
New User
Jul 10, 2019
HI All,

Would anyone can help me on my issue? I can't seem to get my front panel to work with this chasis. My setup is:

Streacom DA2
Asus X470-I / 3800x Ryzen
GTX 980Ti
2x Klevv 3200 8GB
1x Samsung NVME 1TB
750w Corsair PSU

Currently using all stock settings from the Bios and it's been 3 bios firmware and it's still not working.
Using newly re-formatted/set Windows 10 (Latest driver updates)

Troubleshooting I did:
1. Default bios / Upgrade all drivers - Still not working
2. Asked Streacom for another set of 19pin cables - Still not working
3. Went to Asus and have the board checked, omg it worked for 19pin to USB Female!

Do you guys bought your chassis 19pin connector separately? How do I make the front panel work?

Please advise, thank you in advance.