SFF.Network Streacom Launches the DA2

roozter

Caliper Novice
Dec 15, 2018
A bit late to this discussion but I figured I'd say that a 2.5 slot GPU fits inside DA2 and touches the bottom filters. It's exactly the maximum thickness you are allowed to have. I am rocking a Gigabyte 2080S OC gaming inside it atm.
I was thinking of removing the bottom filters once I upgraded my GPU.

minime000

Efficiency Noob
Sep 25, 2019
I don't.;)
It is not the easiest case to build in. Mainly that is due to many options you have. You really have to rethink it. I am quite bad with imaginary mind games, so I built like 7 versions before ended using it without plastic top and bottom as this way you can really fit every oversized component easily. Like my modded GPU or Noctua NH-C14S with double 140mm fans. Basicaly, as @bubbl3 pointed out, I now have an open bench case with good temps. BUT it is closed in a case, with dust filters and fits easily in my sports bag if someone calls me for a retro LAN party. I am quite happy with it. :D

Hi BorG
Wonder if you tried inverting the fans on your Noctua fan GPU mod? Pull instead of push, and then making the top exhaust?

ShaMana

Trash Compacter
Nov 27, 2018
I mean, kudos for the effort, I ended up hating this case so much :D

I fished mine out of the closet (had it on pause for few months) and sympathize with the hating part. Something always doesn't work well. Did you switch cases in the end?

PS: I'm selling mine (Europe local), searching for something to host the massive 1080ti FTW3 and the stupid heat monster 9700K without sacrificing boost. Don't know what to do yet.

August

SFF Lingo Aficionado
SFFn Staff
Silver Supporter
Jun 19, 2019
gusmiller.com
FYI, Streacom just announced a number of accessories for the DA2 today.

Thrilled they’re finally delivering on the promise of the platform. “Promise” not in so much as a pact, but more the novelty + nature of the DA2 as a framework instead of just a case.

Particularly excited about the vertical GPU mount, as I’d love to try out a sort of vertical wind-tunnel dual-radiator loop, with the newfound clearance at the bottom for a pair of fans. This might mean that the “dual sandwich” layout (think, “A4” but in turn sandwiched between two 240mm radiators) I’ve always hoped would make it to market is possible within an existing case! The Ghost nearly did it, but still seems horribly fussy both in construction and aesthetics. ?

Reactions: brt02

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Thrilled they’re finally delivering on the promise of the platform. “Promise” not in so much as a pact, but more the novelty + nature of the DA2 as a framework instead of just a case.

Particularly excited about the vertical GPU mount, as I’d love to try out a sort of vertical wind-tunnel dual-radiator loop, with the newfound clearance at the bottom for a pair of fans. This might mean that the “dual sandwich” layout (think, “A4” but in turn sandwiched between two 240mm radiators) I’ve always hoped would make it to market is possible within an existing case! The Ghost nearly did it, but still seems horribly fussy both in construction and aesthetics. ?
I do like the way they are doing the vertical GPU mount, a complete panel replacement so it isn't some kind of hack job. Plus you can always switch back if you want.

ShaMana

Trash Compacter
Nov 27, 2018
I wonder if you can do a vertical gpu mount and a AIO horizontal on the bottom ...

And then I think that don't really want to invest more money in this and that's that.

ApaucalyptiK

Caliper Novice
Nov 25, 2019
Hi guys,

I've set my mind on the DA2 and i'm wondering about a cooling solution as quiet as possible, and there for as few fans as possible.
Here's what i will put inside :
- MOB : Z170I Pro Gaming
- CPU : Core i7 6700T (35w)
- GPU : GTX 1060 6 gb
- RAM : 2 x 8 gb 2400MHz
- SSD : 256 gb M.2
- HDD : 3 x 2.5" sata
- PSU : SFX-L 450w

I wonder if a 200mm fan would fit on the side between the GPU and the side panel.
If yes, could it work with a fanless Noctua NH-C14S ?

Another angle would be a fanless 280mm AIO watercooling on the side panel, as it's about the same price as a NH-C14S.
Could this be enough for this CPU ?

Most of the time the GPU will be in 2D mode so i hope i can keep it quite.

If you have any suggestion or idea i'm all hears.
Thanks !

Reactions: roozter

koxplate

Efficiency Noob
Nov 13, 2019
Hey. I need help.
Maybe someone have Geforce RTX 2070 Super ULtra by EVGA, I know it's have 2.75 size of brackets.
But I'm wondering if maybe it's fits to DA2? or someone have this card and could tell mi size (high) of this bended pice of metal.

Redgards

selectallfrom

Chassis Packer
Jan 7, 2019
I received the tempered side panel package today. It came in two pieces, a front and back panel, both of which attach magnetically. The font panel is slightly darkened with a black border. The border is ~1/2" (~13mm) on the sides and ~3/4" (~19mm) on the top and bottom. The back panel is glass and completely black. My setup exhausts in the rear so I do not have that installed. Only the exposed side of each panel is protected with a thin plastic film, but it came well packed. The panel was very easy to install.

Forgive the lighting

traianus

What's an ITX?
Dec 23, 2019
Hey guys, I'm new to SFF and I could use some advice in planning my DA2 build (forgive me if some questions are too basic ?).

I'd like to build a gaming/VR PC and I chose to go with the DA2 because I like the aesthetics and none of the other premium cases seem to be available at the moment. Regarding components I'm thinking a Ryzen 3700 (enough power and only 65w TDP), GPU 2070 Super or 2080 Super, 16 GB of RAM and 1 x 1 TB M.2 SSD. I don't plan to overclock and I'd like to keep the dust filters if possible (or the top one at least).

I've read a lot but I'm still unclear what's the best cooling config for my setup. Also, there are new accessories that could make a difference. My main questions right now are:
  1. The new Performance Acrylic Panel Kit is supposed to improve top and bottom airflow and it allows fans to be directly mounted on it. Would this make going full air viable? If so, what would be the best fan setup?
  2. If that's possible and the airflow goes mainly from bottom to top, would reversing the motherboard help? Is there any drawback to it?
  3. They've also released the Vertical GPU Mount Kit. Could the vertical orientation help with thermals or is it just useful to accommodate bigger cards?
  4. Would it help to use a blower GPU? I haven't seen DA2 builds with blowers, is it just because of the added noise or is there any other reason?
Thanks in advance!

koxplate

Efficiency Noob
Nov 13, 2019
I have question, Im in process of building my SFF in DA2 and have problem/question. Could you tell me, It ts pointless to mount hdd directly near to power supply? There is any possible complications for that kind of mounting ?
I read that temperature can be problem. But I'll have also kraken x62 in that case, and the fan will be directly to hdd.
i'll be very grateful for help and answer. This is how it's looks like:

August

SFF Lingo Aficionado
SFFn Staff
Silver Supporter
Jun 19, 2019
gusmiller.com
Could you tell me, It ts pointless to mount hdd directly near to power supply? There is any possible complications for that kind of mounting ?

As long as the fan on your PSU is facing the outside of the case, this shouldn’t be a problem! If you have a small rubber gasket or washer, it might be worth stuffing that in, to reduce (potential) noise from vibration.

Do you not have the PSU + HDD bracket? If you use that, you won’t have to use three brackets for the PSU.

You may have some difficulty routing your AIO tubes with the remaining clearance, here—but you can try rotating it 180° so the tubes exit the radiator closer to the CPU.

koxplate

Efficiency Noob
Nov 13, 2019
As long as the fan on your PSU is facing the outside of the case, this shouldn’t be a problem! If you have a small rubber gasket or washer, it might be worth stuffing that in, to reduce (potential) noise from vibration.

Do you not have the PSU + HDD bracket? If you use that, you won’t have to use three brackets for the PSU.

You may have some difficulty routing your AIO tubes with the remaining clearance, here—but you can try rotating it 180° so the tubes exit the radiator closer to the CPU.
Thx for answer and advices. I used brackets because I wanted to push maximally PSU and hdd to the right side to have a gap for fans from NZXT water cooler (x62) and for tubes. With PSU+HDD bracket the wideness of holes have to big margins then I can't fit cooler. Almost done.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Thx for answer and advices. I used brackets because I wanted to push maximally PSU and hdd to the right side to have a gap for fans from NZXT water cooler (x62) and for tubes. With PSU+HDD bracket the wideness of holes have to big margins then I can't fit cooler. Almost done.
If there is space to spare, I would rather use the next screw holes to provide some clearance between the back of the HDD and the PSU.
Is the back of the HDD actually touching the PSU? I think, the back of the Seagate HDD has an exposed PCB. I surely hope it is not physically in contact with the PSU. I would think, having even a very small (<1mm) gap is still a big welcome. Maybe you can try to insert a piece of paper in between to see if it can go through easily. If yes, I would still be happy.

koxplate

Efficiency Noob
Nov 13, 2019
If there is space to spare, I would rather use the next screw holes to provide some clearance between the back of the HDD and the PSU.
Is the back of the HDD actually touching the PSU? I think, the back of the Seagate HDD has an exposed PCB. I surely hope it is not physically in contact with the PSU. I would think, having even a very small (<1mm) gap is still a big welcome. Maybe you can try to insert a piece of paper in between to see if it can go through easily. If yes, I would still be happy.
I put little pieces of flat rubber to have little bit amortization. But now after make all together have problem. PC is turning off and turning off after 5sec. Have you guys any idea what cause this problem.
I reset cmos
Change duble termal paste
Tried to lunch with one memory
Checked plug in connector of pump

My setup is:
MB: AS Rock Phantom Gaming Z390 ITX
i9 9900K 3,6 Ghz
RAM 2x32Ghz 2666Mhz 1.2 CL 16 Corssair Vegance
PSU: Corsair SF750 SFX
GPU: Evga RTX 2070 SUPER
HDD: Seagate 3,5' 2TB
SDD: Adata XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB Nvme m.2
WP: NZXT Kraken X62 (280mm)

Even bios isn't turning on, does PSU Fan should be working all the time ?
video of problem below:

Redgards

Last edited: