SFF.Network Streacom Launches the DA2

s7tronic

Cable Smoosher
Nov 25, 2019
I put little pieces of flat rubber to have little bit amortization. But now after make all together have problem. PC is turning off and turning off after 5sec. Have you guys any idea what cause this problem.
I reset cmos
Change duble termal paste
Tried to lunch with one memory
Checked plug in connector of pump

My setup is:
MB: AS Rock Phantom Gaming Z390 ITX
i9 9900K 3,6 Ghz
RAM 2x32Ghz 2666Mhz 1.2 CL 16 Corssair Vegance
PSU: Corsair SF750 SFX
GPU: Evga RTX 2070 SUPER
HDD: Seagate 3,5' 2TB
SDD: Adata XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB Nvme m.2Hi
WP: NZXT Kraken X62 (280mm)

Even bios isn't turning on, does PSU Fan should be working all the time ?
video of problem below:

Redgards

Hey,

Sounds like it is stuck in a boot loop before you can access the BIOS, I would:

Remove everything from the case, place the motherboard on something non-conductive (like the box it came in), then try the following:

Remove everything, including RAM, SSD/HDD and all usb devices except maybe mouse/keyboard to navigte the BIOS-try booting with just the CPU & cooler fitted, make sure the 24 & 8 pin PSU cables are also connected. you can short out the header pins with a small screwdriver instead of connecting the power button..

Not sure about Asrock, but you should still be able to get into the BIOS with maybe a no RAM fault code/audio alarm..

If you can get in to the BIOS its stable, shutdown and fit one stick of RAM at a time, then your SSD etc. I would also upgrade the BIOS version and set to defaults if possible.

Few other things:

Check the CPU and RAM modules are seated correctly
Make sure none of the motherboard stand-offs were shorting against your motherboard
The CPU cooler mounting plate is also not shorting against your board

GL.

Reactions: August and rfarmer

s7tronic

Cable Smoosher
Nov 25, 2019
Finally finished my DA2 setup, I had a chance to sort an old desk I had over the holidays. I fitted some bamboo plywood I had left about as a desktop (it was crappy laminated chipboard), sanded to 240 grit and finished with a coat of Osmo oil; sprayed the metal frame black and fitted a Humanscale monitor arm I got a while back on ebay. I used used an Ikea cable basket to tidy up the wiring. Happy with how it worked out, need to finish flooring & painting the room now-my office gets little love in my house:)

Made a wrist rest as well, this is V1, I plan to redo this with some walnut.

roozter

Caliper Novice
Dec 15, 2018
has anybody here purchased the acrylic panel kit? Did it improve your temps? Would appreciate any feedback before I make the purchase.

ShaMana

Trash Compacter
Nov 27, 2018
I put little pieces of flat rubber to have little bit amortization. But now after make all together have problem. PC is turning off and turning off after 5sec. Have you guys any idea what cause this problem.
I reset cmos

My setup is:
i9 9900K 3,6 Ghz
SDD: Adata XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB Nvme m.2

video of problem below:

Redgards

Sounds to me like you are shorting out the mobo somehow. As this post has been a while, did you fix it and what was the problem?

ShaMana

Trash Compacter
Nov 27, 2018
Out goes the DA2, in comes the Lian Li TU150

Slightly larger, but the CPU temps have been a dream. Build quality is worse, but hey. Can't have it all.

Reactions: fabio

omnikron

Trash Compacter
Jun 1, 2019
I received the tempered side panel package today. It came in two pieces, a front and back panel, both of which attach magnetically. The font panel is slightly darkened with a black border. The border is ~1/2" (~13mm) on the sides and ~3/4" (~19mm) on the top and bottom. The back panel is glass and completely black. My setup exhausts in the rear so I do not have that installed. Only the exposed side of each panel is protected with a thin plastic film, but it came well packed. The panel was very easy to install.

Forgive the lighting

what are your temps

omnikron

Trash Compacter
Jun 1, 2019
I reset cmos

My setup is:
i9 9900K 3,6 Ghz
SDD: Adata XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB Nvme m.2

video of problem below:

Redgards
I would re seat everything make sure all the cables are all the way in.

omnikron

Trash Compacter
Jun 1, 2019
Well, second try with my DA2 and 9900K.
I bought another Silver Arrow ITX-R, new in perfect state because it fits perfectly in this chassis. I changed the standard fan for an EK Vardar F3-120 (1850 rpm), which I think is better.
The airflow goes from left to right, as I was advised, and I have also tested it and is a little better. And I used the fan that comes with the heatsink as exhaust on the panel, I stick it to the side panel because it gives me better results.

Old config: Aida test stress CPU-FPU-Cache-Memory 30 min: CPU 90-92º MB 46º
New config: Aida test stress CPU-FPU-Cache-Memory 30 min: CPU 80-82º MB 45º
With all this I have only improved the result with the previous config wiht the heatpipes broken in only about 10º, which seems to me little, the truth, I expected better result. It is possible that this chassis is the problem, I do not know... :\

Please, I would like to know your opinion.

Thank you
Try removing the top and bottom filters

frenzen90

Cable Smoosher
New User
Apr 19, 2020
Here my just finished Air cooled setup for low noise and performance!!

Noctua C14s + Noctua A12x25 pulling air from outside
Noctua A15 for exhausting.

That's it! Same performance than the U9s with 2 fans, but A LOT more silent, even under load, thanks to the amazing Sterrox!

Cpu package under Prime 95, latest version, is 95 degrees, without overclock.

Super happy of the results especially the noise!

Sorry for bothering an almost 1yo post.
Due to the lack of Ghost s1 on the market, i'm planning a build inside the DA2 as is the most beautiful but still small form factor case i know.
Would you still recommend this layout with this specific hardware nowaday? I mean, in one year maybe somebody has found a new layout of maybe there are better coolers that i don't know.
I read all of this thread's pages, plus alot more on the internet, and everyone came up with a different solution, and different results aswell.
I have not the knowledges, neither the economic possibilities of doing all of this trials and errors, so I'm searching some help here.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Sorry for bothering an almost 1yo post.
Due to the lack of Ghost s1 on the market, i'm planning a build inside the DA2 as is the most beautiful but still small form factor case i know.
Would you still recommend this layout with this specific hardware nowaday? I mean, in one year maybe somebody has found a new layout of maybe there are better coolers that i don't know.
I read all of this thread's pages, plus alot more on the internet, and everyone came up with a different solution, and different results aswell.
I have not the knowledges, neither the economic possibilities of doing all of this trials and errors, so I'm searching some help here.
Depends from the CPU are you gonna use. If you post it, will be easier to give you advice ;)

frenzen90

Cable Smoosher
New User
Apr 19, 2020
Depends from the CPU are you gonna use. If you post it, will be easier to give you advice ;)

Than you for your answer,
My hardware will be :

- i7 9700F
- 32gb ram 3600mhz
- gtx 1660ti (planning to upgrade to a 2080 or 2080s)
- z390 aorus pro mother board

i still have to buy the cooler and power supply.

I want a deadly silent pc with acceptable temps. i Saw on the loque s1 would be feasible, but have not so many info about this case.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
It is a medium power CPU, so, in YOUR case, I suggest to get or a Noctua L12S with the A12x25 Fan ON TOP, or an amazing Noctua U9S. With bottom of them you will have a silent system.

In both case you don't need a rear fan, was pretty useless.

For sure I suggest to remove the bottom and top filter mesh, and buying this to to replace it. You can have a top slim fan to exhaust with this kit.

frenzen90

Cable Smoosher
New User
Apr 19, 2020
It is a medium power CPU, so, in YOUR case, I suggest to get or a Noctua L12S with the A12x25 Fan ON TOP, or an amazing Noctua U9S. With bottom of them you will have a silent system.

In both case you don't need a rear fan, was pretty useless.

For sure I suggest to remove the bottom and top filter mesh, and buying this to to replace it. You can have a top slim fan to exhaust with this kit.

ok, i'll keep that in mind. Do you even suggest me to buy all the components and build in a temporary case waiting for something better? maybe there some cases that are goin to be released in few months that i don't know.
I mean, i like the streacom design, but with the performance panels the cost would raise next to the ghost one, at a bigger volume and overall worse temps in a case that will become an open air one aswell.

I-m not sure at all. In the meanwhile i'm buying all of the pc parts, i just found a nh-l9 (dicontinued) for 30 euros. I can buy this as it would fit in any case and just wait for something better?

ApaucalyptiK

Caliper Novice
Nov 25, 2019
My hardware will be :

- i7 9700F
- 32gb ram 3600mhz

I want a deadly silent pc with acceptable temps. i Saw on the loque s1 would be feasible, but have not so many info about this case.

So the combined tdp for your CPU + GPU is 65 + 120 = 185w, i have a DA2 with an i7 6700T (35w on paper but close to 60w IRL with boost) + GTX 1080 (180w) with max tdp of 230-240w running with 3 fans @350rpm and it's almost dead silence : i don't hear the fans i just hear the 5400rpm HDDs spinning when i put my hear very close to the case, and temps under load are fine.
I think it would remain pretty quiet with a 215w RTX 2080 by slightly increasing the fans speed, not sure about the 250w 2080 super...

If you want to check the details here's my thread :

Ansau

Chassis Packer
Jun 5, 2017
TPU released a review of DA2:

ApaucalyptiK

Caliper Novice
Nov 25, 2019
How could they miss the 280mm AIO capability ?
It's literally on the first page of the product presentation, web and pdf.
This kind of blatant mistake always makes me wonder how serious these reviews can be.

Reactions: tinyitx

ShaMana

Trash Compacter
Nov 27, 2018
My hardware will be :

- i7 9700F
- 32gb ram 3600mhz

My experience having an i7 9700k Stock in the case with a noctua u9s. Temperatures often reached 80 plus and encountered throttling. I've tried various fan and cooler rotations with little effect. Undervolting helps, but the accumulation of the heat over time worsens over the aluminum frame and temps will eventually stack up. What helps if direct flow can be introduced to move air over the mobo towards back exhaust. In my situation there was simply no space to do this properly cause other components. But additionally the u9s fans can become quite loud for a case that usually sits very close to you.

High TDP card worsens the issue. Without direct flow through the case, large amount of hot air gets trapped around the mobo. I didnt get my hands on the performance kit, but without it, my 1080ti throttled as well fairly quickly even in an open case.

Two points to make this case work better. Clearly benefitials if the components are low power, thus less overall heat. But in case you think to introduce high power stuff, direct case flow is recommended. Without a front fan and in my situation the ability to mount any top fans or bottom fans, the psu being passive most of the time, not exhausting anything. Hot air accumulates making the aluminum frame a nice space heater for cold days.

Last edited: