SFF.Network Streacom Launches the DA2

BorG

Caliper Novice
Feb 6, 2019
www.radiocity.si
I have this feeling, too. Now I think it was a mistake to buy this case and I think I should have waited a while and seen the opinions of the early buyers.

I don't.;)
It is not the easiest case to build in. Mainly that is due to many options you have. You really have to rethink it. I am quite bad with imaginary mind games, so I built like 7 versions before ended using it without plastic top and bottom as this way you can really fit every oversized component easily. Like my modded GPU or Noctua NH-C14S with double 140mm fans. Basicaly, as @bubbl3 pointed out, I now have an open bench case with good temps. BUT it is closed in a case, with dust filters and fits easily in my sports bag if someone calls me for a retro LAN party. I am quite happy with it. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: minime000

Veryaton

Average Stuffer
Feb 28, 2017
Well, second try with my DA2 and 9900K.
I bought another Silver Arrow ITX-R, new in perfect state because it fits perfectly in this chassis. I changed the standard fan for an EK Vardar F3-120 (1850 rpm), which I think is better.
The airflow goes from left to right, as I was advised, and I have also tested it and is a little better. And I used the fan that comes with the heatsink as exhaust on the panel, I stick it to the side panel because it gives me better results.

Old config: Aida test stress CPU-FPU-Cache-Memory 30 min: CPU 90-92º MB 46º
New config: Aida test stress CPU-FPU-Cache-Memory 30 min: CPU 80-82º MB 45º
With all this I have only improved the result with the previous config wiht the heatpipes broken in only about 10º, which seems to me little, the truth, I expected better result. It is possible that this chassis is the problem, I do not know... :\

Please, I would like to know your opinion.

Thank you

Reactions: omnikron and fabio

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Well, second try with my DA2 and 9900K.
I bought another Silver Arrow ITX-R, new in perfect state because it fits perfectly in this chassis. I changed the standard fan for an EK Vardar F3-120 (1850 rpm), which I think is better.
The airflow goes from left to right, as I was advised, and I have also tested it and is a little better. And I used the fan that comes with the heatsink as exhaust on the panel, I stick it to the side panel because it gives me better results.

Old config: Aida test stress CPU-FPU-Cache-Memory 30 min: CPU 90-92º MB 46º
New config: Aida test stress CPU-FPU-Cache-Memory 30 min: CPU 80-82º MB 45º
With all this I have only improved the result with the previous config wiht the heatpipes broken in only about 10º, which seems to me little, the truth, I expected better result. It is possible that this chassis is the problem, I do not know... :\

Please, I would like to know your opinion.

Thank you
Amazing jobs man! But, IF your 9900K is set up in the BIOS with the MCE enabled, the 80/82 degrees are ok, even if a bit high to be in AIDA (I was expecting around 76/77 but it is relative to the chip as well).
Great work!

Reactions: Veryaton

teiger

Case Bender
Mar 24, 2019
Hello,
eagerly awating my Da2, which should come soon. I do have a question about measurements, that you guys may know.
Is at the bottom enough space to fit a slim fan (15mm) between 2slot GPU and dust filter?

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Ok, NOW I have almost DONE!

I think (BUT not sure) I will only switch from the HW Labs 240 GTS to the 280LS, more restrictive but bigger!

Even if now under rendering sessions and Prime the CPU never goes above 75 degrees!

Everything is AT STOCK, NO CPU overclock, NO memory overclock, PURE STABILITY for my travel Workstation!

Here the list!

Intel i9 9960X - IF someone is interested it goes ALL CORE:
4.0 GHz NON-AVX Load max 230W
3.5 GHz AVX2 Load max 185W
3.0 GHz AVX512 Load

G.Skill Quad Kit 2666MHz 64GB SO-DIMM

Nvidia Titan RTX

ASrock X299E-ITX/AC (Replaced the WiFi with the new Intel 9260)
(MAX Vcore Mosfet Temp 80 degrees under load)

Samsung 970 Pro 1TB (OS)
Samsung 970 Pro 512GB (Cache/Scratch)
Samsung 970 EVO 2TB (Data)
(MAX Temp 56 degrees)

Swiftech Apogee Drive II + EKWB DDC Pump 3.2 PMW + EKWB DDC Heatsink (SILENT Profile in BIOS)
HW Labs 240 GTS + 2x Noctua A12x25 in PULL/INTAKE (STANDARD Profile in BIOS)
Noctua A9 EXHAUST (SILENT Profile in BIOS)
Noctua NT-H2 Thermal Paste

Corsair SF750 Platinum
AMAZING @pslate custom sleeved cables!

Enjoy!

Last edited:

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Ok, NOW I have almost DONE!

I think (BUT not sure) I will only switch from the HW Labs 240 GTS to the 280LS, more restrictive but bigger!

Even if now under rendering sessions and Prime the CPU never goes above 75 degrees!

Everything is AT STOCK, NO CPU overclock, NO memory overclock, PURE STABILITY for my travel Workstation!

Here the list!

Intel i9 9960X - IF someone is interested it goes ALL CORE:
4.0 GHz NON-AVX Load max 230W
3.5 GHz AVX2 Load max 185W
3.0 GHz AVX512 Load

G.Skill Quad Kit 2666MHz 64GB SO-DIMM

Nvidia Titan RTX

ASrock X299E-ITX/AC (Replaced the WiFi with the new Intel 9260)
(MAX Vcore Mosfet Temp 80 degrees under load)

Samsung 970 Pro 1TB (OS)
Samsung 970 Pro 512GB (Cache/Scratch)
Samsung 970 EVO 2TB (Data)
(MAX Temp 56 degrees)

Swiftech Apogee Drive II + EKWB DDC Pump 3.2 PMW + EKWB DDC Heatsink (SILENT Profile in BIOS)
HW Labs 240 GTS + 2x Noctua A12x25 in PULL/INTAKE (STANDARD Profile in BIOS)
Noctua A9 EXHAUST (SILENT Profile in BIOS)
Noctua NT-H2 Thermal Paste

Corsair SF750 Platinum
AMAZING @pslate custom sleeved cables!

Enjoy!

Build looks great @fabio. Glad you finally got that beast tamed, I know you tried nearly every cooling solution there is.

Question for you. You list a Swiftech Apogee Drive II but also an EK DDC pump, did you switch out the Swiftech one? Just curious about the reason, I am getting ready to do another water cooled build and will be using the Apogee.

Reactions: Nouvolo

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Build looks great @fabio. Glad you finally got that beast tamed, I know you tried nearly every cooling solution there is.

Question for you. You list a Swiftech Apogee Drive II but also an EK DDC pump, did you switch out the Swiftech one? Just curious about the reason, I am getting ready to do another water cooled build and will be using the Apogee.
Hey man! Thanks a lot! Well, at stock this CPU is amazing! I can even OC till 4.2 All core with a single 240 Rad, but the at the end it's really not worth it for my use! I start to prefer stability than 5/10% of performance!

BTW, I just bought the Apogee Drive without the pump, because I had the EKWB laying! The choice of the EKWB heatsink is just because is less tall!
If you can buy the Swiftech, seems to be a bit more silent than the EKWB!

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Hey man! Thanks a lot! Well, at stock this CPU is amazing! I can even OC till 4.2 All core with a single 240 Rad, but the at the end it's really not worth it for my use! I start to prefer stability than 5/10% of performance!

BTW, I just bought the Apogee Drive without the pump, because I had the EKWB laying! The choice of the EKWB heatsink is just because is less tall!
If you can buy the Swiftech, seems to be a bit more silent than the EKWB!

Ok thanks, I thought maybe the EK was a better pump. I already have the Apogee, I used it previously when I had my Ncase water cooled.

Veryaton

Average Stuffer
Feb 28, 2017
Well, third build and I think this is the final.
I have inverted the motherboard and in this mode the temp had drop 5º C. Very happy.
The main problem I found inverting the setup was the USB-C, now the drives hits with its inner part, which stand out too much, and the PSU/drives support bracket keep separate from front panel by 4 mm.
The airflow in the pic is from right to left and exhaust thank to a 120 mm fan in the lateral panel.
Thanks and regards

Reactions: bubbl3 and brt02

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Well, third build and I think this is the final.
I have inverted the motherboard and in this mode the temp had drop 5º C. Very happy.
The main problem I found inverting the setup was the USB-C, now the drives hits with its inner part, which stand out too much, and the PSU/drives support bracket keep separate from front panel by 4 mm.
The airflow in the pic is from right to left and exhaust thank to a 120 mm fan in the lateral panel.
Thanks and regards
You can easily flip the USB-C connector! Look at my builds :)

brownelvis

Trash Compacter
Jun 5, 2019
so whats the best config on this case to avoid gpu throttling? I am planning to build with a 2600x in this case and I have lots of hardware laying around so lots of options:

1) EVGA CLC280 for CPU in Pull/Intake and Air cooled EVGA 1080TI SC with dust filters removed
2) Wraith Spire cooler for CPU with EVGA Hybrid Kit installed for the 1080ti, also in pull/intake, with 1x140mm intake fan + 1x92mm exhaust fan
3) Dual 120mm aio for CPU/GPU in Pull/Intake with 1x 92mm exhaust fan
4) Wraith Spire Cooler for CPU with EVGA 1080TI SC (all air cooled) with 2x140mm intake fans + 1x92mm exhaust

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
so whats the best config on this case to avoid gpu throttling? I am planning to build with a 2600x in this case and I have lots of hardware laying around so lots of options:

1) EVGA CLC280 for CPU in Pull/Intake and Air cooled EVGA 1080TI SC with dust filters removed
2) Wraith Spire cooler for CPU with EVGA Hybrid Kit installed for the 1080ti, also in pull/intake, with 1x140mm intake fan + 1x92mm exhaust fan
3) Dual 120mm aio for CPU/GPU in Pull/Intake with 1x 92mm exhaust fan
4) Wraith Spire Cooler for CPU with EVGA 1080TI SC (all air cooled) with 2x140mm intake fans + 1x92mm exhaust
For a 2600X???
Air cooled GPU and or a Noctua U9s with dual fan intaking from rear or an L12s with a Noctua A12x25 mounted on TOP intake from side.
Plus a 140mm Fan as exhaust. No more than this.
I am using this with a 9960X (The U9s).
I personally suggest the L12S with the A14 just if you want to have a dead quiet system.

brownelvis

Trash Compacter
Jun 5, 2019
For a 2600X???
Air cooled GPU and or a Noctua U9s with dual fan intaking from rear or an L12s with a Noctua A12x25 mounted on TOP intake from side.
Plus a 140mm Fan as exhaust. No more than this.
I am using this with a 9960X (The U9s).
I personally suggest the L12S with the A14 just if you want to have a dead quiet system.

I already have the parts laying around from past builds so i figure why not put them to use. I did some experimenting yesterday, the 280mm rad on the CPU was overkill and just difficult to mount, with an air cooled 1080ti it worked great, gpu and cpu temps were pretty good with the cpu maxing out in the low 70's and gpu hitting mid to high 70's on stress tests with some pretty aggressive fan curves.

Then I used the wraith spire cooler with a 140mm intake fan and my water cooled rtx 2080, the cpu would hit 90's in stress tests but in regular gaming it seemed to perform OK. The RTX 2080 never got higher than mid 60's on full tilt. The wraith spire is annoyingly loud though. I also had a 92mm noctua exhaust on this one, but it didnt seem to do much, i think the holes in the rear were too restrictive. Most of the hot air exhausted from the top (dust filter removed) and the right side of the case.

I was looking at the noctua air coolers and they run in the $75 range (Canadian pricing), but managed to find a brand new coolermaster masterliquid 140 for $38 from amazon, so i picked that up instead. I think running dual aio with the fans in intake/pull is probably my best bet for the best CPU/GPU performance with minimal noise.

Not the most scientific of tests, but in any case I was worried the da2 would be a hotbox, but its performing pretty good thermally for my use.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Here my just finished Air cooled setup for low noise and performance!!

Noctua C14s + Noctua A12x25 pulling air from outside
Noctua A15 for exhausting.

That's it! Same performance than the U9s with 2 fans, but A LOT more silent, even under load, thanks to the amazing Sterrox!

Cpu package under Prime 95, latest version, is 95 degrees, without overclock.

Super happy of the results especially the noise!

SFF EOL

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 9, 2018
I just love that build, so clean, I wish I could do that, I always seem to fail somewhere- lack of application I guess.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
I just love that build, so clean, I wish I could do that, I always seem to fail somewhere- lack of application I guess.
Thanks man! But don’t say that! Depends a lot from the components chosen!
Using a Z390 was impossible to have the C14s mounted in this way, giving me enough space for the 14mm fan mounted on the side.
The X299 itx has a lowered socket, so was possible to have a vertical C14s. And it’s just a matter of using custom cables and root the rest of cables carefully ?