SFF.Network Streacom Launches the DA2

ChadT

Chassis Packer
Oct 22, 2018
I wonder if all the ventholes are dustfiltered if u are going to go with this case pressure with only exhausts. I think at least at the back, the 92mm fan intake holes, are not filtered. Maybe worth thinking about if u run this setup.

I'm going to have a 92mm at the rear for exhaust. My understanding, there is a dust filter top and bottom, as well as on _one_ of the sides (but not both), so it will be sucking in a bit of dust from one side. Not much I can do about that!

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I'm going to have a 92mm at the rear for exhaust. My understanding, there is a dust filter top and bottom, as well as on _one_ of the sides (but not both), so it will be sucking in a bit of dust from one side. Not much I can do about that!
Yes, I spotted (from Hardware canucks' review) that there are dust filters at top, bottom and the right hand side (ie the side facing the rear of the motherboard).
I think, the idea is air is designed to go into the case through these 3 surfaces and then to go out via the non filtered side panel (which is likely to cater for a radiator installed pushing air out in that direction) and via the rear 92mm fan opening.
So, if you do not watercool, one needs to give a little thinking how to do the airflow.

nimdjid

Chassis Packer
Oct 25, 2018
Answered the question yourself.

I see mate. Thanks.
So how important do you think thus exhaust fan really is for this case? I know its hard to say when we dont have the case to study in our hands but you probably have much more experience then me especially in SFF builds. I have only build in ATX cases before. There you obviously use the back exhaust fan every chance you get but when I see these smaller builds sometimes it feels like its not sued so often, especially when they are small like 80 or 92mm.
What are you planning to run your kraken X52 as, intake from outside through the radiator or out from the case and through the radiator?

Alexander

Average Stuffer
Jun 24, 2018
I see mate. Thanks.
So how important do you think thus exhaust fan really is for this case? I know its hard to say when we dont have the case to study in our hands but you probably have much more experience then me especially in SFF builds. I have only build in ATX cases before. There you obviously use the back exhaust fan every chance you get but when I see these smaller builds sometimes it feels like its not sued so often, especially when they are small like 80 or 92mm.
What are you planning to run your kraken X52 as, intake from outside through the radiator or out from the case and through the radiator?

This is my first SFF build, and also the first PC I'm building for myself.

I'm running the X52 as an intake through the radiator while the GPU will intake from the bottom. When the PSU fan is running it will intake from the other side and the 92mm case fan will exhaust it all out the back (and some will escape through the top, too).

Streacom

Cable Smoosher
Streacom
Sep 26, 2018
Shipped to UK and USA already? I do not mean 'shipped' literally but 'by air'!
Also, how about China? As the DA2s are manufactured in China, I expect DA2s will reach the Chinese market the fastest?

Just checked QuietPC UK and it says 'due in 8 days' from today.

China will receive of course earlier then UK and USA as its a closer delivery, but USA And UK are actually in about on schedule for the delivery.

Alexander

Average Stuffer
Jun 24, 2018
China will receive of course earlier then UK and USA as its a closer delivery, but USA And UK are actually in about on schedule for the delivery.

Good news! I really hope it ships this coming Friday as planned. Any news on the glass side panels?

nimdjid

Chassis Packer
Oct 25, 2018

QuietPC has the DA2 as "shipping in 6 days". Is it likely that they will have their shipments delivered to them by that time still?

ChadT

Chassis Packer
Oct 22, 2018
QuietPC has the DA2 as "shipping in 6 days". Is it likely that they will have their shipments delivered to them by that time still?

Any word on Australia? Retailers had given us a date of the 15th or 16th but those have slipped .

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I noticed today that DA2 is now available for order (no more pre-ordering) in China. Not only so, I see one buyer (who must have pre-ordered long before) already received his silver DA2 and even gave feedback of his build immediately. This should confirm there is stock already.

Surprisingly, the list price is RMB 1999 (plus shipping) and this equals about 225 GBP. QuietPC UK lists it at 166 quid (plus shipping).
225 vs 166 is a big difference (even after adding the shipping costs, I suspect). It is (much?) cheaper for someone in China to order from UK than to order locally from Tmall?
I wonder why Streacom sets up such an odd price arrangement.

Last edited:

nimdjid

Chassis Packer
Oct 25, 2018
Man where are the reviews...? I still find only hardwarecanucks... I want to see some other possibilities and more info about the case so I know what to buy for it now during sale days..
Is there any possibility that a pump will fit in the case? Im thinking of ways to watercool both CPU and GPU with a 240mm rad. Maybe put the pump on the 92mm fan space in the back? I dont know.. Would like to get some ideas...

Alexander

Average Stuffer
Jun 24, 2018
I noticed today that DA2 is now available for order (no more pre-ordering) in China. Not only so, I see one buyer (who must have pre-ordered long before) already received his silver DA2 and even gave feedback of his build immediately. This should confirm there is stock already.

Surprisingly, the list price is RMB 1999 (plus shipping) and this equals about 225 GBP. QuietPC UK lists it at 166 quid (plus shipping).
225 vs 166 is a big difference (even after adding the shipping costs, I suspect). It is (much?) cheaper for someone in China to order from UK than to order locally from Tmall?
I wonder why Streacom sets up such an odd price arrangement.

£166 without VAT. £199 with.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
£166 without VAT. £199 with.
As I do not have to pay VAT when ordering from China, it costs 166 quid plus about 45 quid shipping, making the total = £210.
If I order from Tmall, it is RMB 1999 plus about 100 shipping, making the total = £236.
So, with shipping taken into consideration, it is still better for one residing in China to order from the UK.
Plus, the £45 shipping cost is by UPS Air (4-5 days from UK to China) which is quite efficient and not much longer than the local 1-2 days duration.

Reactions: Alexander

ChadT

Chassis Packer
Oct 22, 2018
Is there any possibility that a pump will fit in the case?

I've gone air cooling for now, but I'm looking at a shorter-length GPU, and putting a rump/res combo in front of the PSU. Again, no real idea if it will fit yet, will wait until I get my hands on the case before spending any more.

ChadT

Chassis Packer
Oct 22, 2018
Ahh so I just got an updated delivery ETA of 7th of December. Might cancel and go something else now....

nimdjid

Chassis Packer
Oct 25, 2018
Ahh so I just got an updated delivery ETA of 7th of December. Might cancel and go something else now....
damn... Where did you order from?
Im actually gonna cancle as well and maybe look at the ghost loque instead.. Or at least wait for some more reviews or something... Right now lack of information about this case makes me unsure how and what to build in to it exactly..

Streacom

Cable Smoosher
Streacom
Sep 26, 2018
QuietPC have it now listed as the 30th (11 days away).. Ugh. @Streacom what's the dealio?

Like said, we are only doing the anodizing at the moment and we are planning the shipping schedule for this week, of course if we need to anodize some products again due to irregular surface, we do that again in order to create the ' Streacom' finish everybody is used to. So we are not far off schedule, just all our effort is in finishing the products and shipping out this week. Regarding the shipping + custom, we do not have control about that part how long it will take. Normally it takes inabout 1 week.

Alexander

Average Stuffer
Jun 24, 2018
Like said, we are only doing the anodizing at the moment and we are planning the shipping schedule for this week, of course if we need to anodize some products again due to irregular surface, we do that again in order to create the ' Streacom' finish everybody is used to. So we are not far off schedule, just all our effort is in finishing the products and shipping out this week. Regarding the shipping + custom, we do not have control about that part how long it will take. Normally it takes inabout 1 week.

Thanks for the reply :)

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Quiet PC now show the DA2 as shipping in three weeks.. Boo.
Wow, this is a big delay!
As I said before, I suspect Tmall (in China) already has some stock. How many? I do not know.
There are 5 pics there. He is using a NH-U9S and RTX 2080 FE. You can read his feedback here:-
https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=572874108271&sku_properties=5919063:6536025

The same guy shares more pics and comments here:-
http://koolshare.cn/thread-150643-1-1.html

He said he pre-ordered in September and just received his unit on 17th November.
Looks like he does not use any case fan for intake or exhaust. This might explain his experience of higher temp. The 2080 FE is exhausting inside the case and the hot air is very much recirculated into the NH-U9S. He said removing the side panel can lower the temp by 10C. So, as always, if one used an internal exhausting display card, air flow management needs some effort to achieve good result.

Well, I hope those pics can 'quench the thirst' briefly for you.:)

Edit 1:
the guy later added an intake fan on the side panel and it reduces CPU load temp to around 60's. He said he's quite happy now.

Last edited: